The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gaming, GTA Analysis, The Wolf of Wall Street And Escapism

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
What the F*ck, why is TFL turning into a troll fest with young guys these days? What is up with all these responses?

Can't you guys have a meaningful conversation instead of sounding like arrogant dicks?

"I already know, who cares"
"i'm not going to read all that"
"ok"

WTF, get off your computers/phones if you have nothing else then to troll threads with non-sense.

OP had a well thought out post on relating gaming to a mindset. Good for him, it's a worthwhile discussion whether you thought similar before or not.
ok

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mt_myke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 25, 2014
Montana
I didn't realize "ok" was offensive. Guess I'll keep it in mind.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
For all it's worth... the first thing I did on GTA Online was pay $20 real dollars and got a gold Bugatti. (I think I put in less than 10 hours into that game, I don't have much time for games anymore even in my "off" resting time)
i could've hacked you a few billion for $10 ;)

People go crazy for in game mods.. One kid gave me $100 to mod his call of duties.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I thought your post was insightful and well written. Very true, for the most part. The only thing I disagree with is to solve all your problems with money. Money can help, but it goes deeper than just money but the fix is at an emotional and spiritual level.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Aside from all the side chatter, I loved the analysis and threw ya some rep. Thank you @MrRED72 .

Just a point of clarification however, I would mention that these games aren't really for Slowlaners, but Sidewalkers.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
I didn't realize "ok" was offensive. Guess I'll keep it in mind.
It was meant in an "ok, who cares, good job at wasting your time writing all of that" kind of way. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Not to mention the fact that it was written by people who are constantly busting peoples balls on here for no reason.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
It was meant in an "ok, who cares, good job at wasting your time writing all of that" kind of way. Anyone who doesn't see that is blind.

Not to mention the fact that it was written by people who are constantly busting peoples balls on here for no reason.
I gave the exact reason why "ok" is as good as any other answer. Just below the oks.
If a post is stupid, it's F*cking stupid. If you want a place where you "have a right" of being taken seriously even if you say stupid shit, I recommend pre-school.
The beauty of this forum is exactly that people will tell you "this is stupid" instead of "well, good effort, but..". That's why it's useful, unlike most internet places.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
If a post is stupid, it's F*cking stupid. If you want a place where you "have a right" of being taken seriously even if you say stupid shit, I recommend pre-school.
There's nothing wrong with anyone thinking a post is stupid, but it's just not necessary to mock people because you think what they wrote is stupid.
I'm all for a good debate/constructive criticism. But going around being spiteful is just toxic in my opinion.

Op clearly took the time to write something that he thought would provide value to the forum (And he did, as some people said they liked it, including the owner of this forum).

If you think it was a pointless or stupid post then why waste your time with it? What are you accomplishing by mocking someone?

The beauty of this forum is exactly that people will tell you "this is stupid" instead of "well, good effort, but..". That's why it's useful, unlike most internet places.
I am not saying to go around sugar coating everything, but I think you can make better use of your time doing things that are actually productive instead of taking time out of your day to bash on someone.

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
What the F*ck, why is TFL turning into a troll fest with young guys these days? What is up with all these responses?

Can't you guys have a meaningful conversation instead of sounding like arrogant dicks?

"I already know, who cares"
"i'm not going to read all that"
"ok"

WTF, get off your computers/phones if you have nothing else then to troll threads with non-sense.

OP had a well thought out post on relating gaming to a mindset. Good for him, it's a worthwhile discussion whether you thought similar before or not.

Well said. I started reading this thread and thought, "Some things are a little unclear, but he has some solid points." Then I kept reading down and thought, "WTH...:confused:". LOL. Then I saw this. Defintely articulated how I was feeling.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.