The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ask a personal trainer anything

Ask me anything!
G

GuestUser116

If I understand the way you're training (Like a lot of guys who just pump a million sets and reps with drop sets super sets to failure) then yes, you cannot train like that twice a day, 6 days a week. But you shouldn't be training like that at all (if you are) anyways, it's less optimal.
Not to failure.

What are you shooting for? The big bodybuilder who gets tired climbing up some stairs or a cut, athletic, and aesthetic physique?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Not to failure.

What are you shooting for? The big bodybuilder who gets tired climbing up some stairs or a cut, athletic, and aesthetic physique?

Okay good.

Cut, athletic, and aesthetic.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
I agree with the OP.

When I was a semi-professional athlete I was working out every single day, with 1 rest day every 4 days.
The rest day meant doing: Joint mobility and yoga exercises.
Other days where 3 workouts a day.

My trainer put me on that schedule, and he was world champion for 5 years in a row...now he lost that title to....his son.
Also the school that produced more world champions than any other in this specific sport (martial arts)

For bodybuilding: stick to 3-4 workouts a week.
For athletic ability: Train several times a day, multiple days in a row.

That being said, I do have a question to the OP.

Fitness wise:
#1) What do you think are the differences and differences in pro's/con's/benefits between explosive repetitions and plyometrics.
#2) Should people build up slowly, and progress or go for the hardest progression they can handle and start progressing from there on.

Business wise:
#3) What kind of tactics did/do you use to get better known.
#4) Did you produce any video courses or e-books, if so yes: Are people buying them on a regular basis, and what do you do to promote them.
#5) Just interested: What is your site?

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
I'd still like to know your answers to my questions :)

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
I agree with the OP.

When I was a semi-professional athlete I was working out every single day, with 1 rest day every 4 days.
The rest day meant doing: Joint mobility and yoga exercises.
Other days where 3 workouts a day.

My trainer put me on that schedule, and he was world champion for 5 years in a row...now he lost that title to....his son.
Also the school that produced more world champions than any other in this specific sport (martial arts)

For bodybuilding: stick to 3-4 workouts a week.
For athletic ability: Train several times a day, multiple days in a row.

That being said, I do have a question to the OP.

Fitness wise:
#1) What do you think are the differences and differences in pro's/con's/benefits between explosive repetitions and plyometrics.
#2) Should people build up slowly, and progress or go for the hardest progression they can handle and start progressing from there on.

Business wise:
#3) What kind of tactics did/do you use to get better known.
#4) Did you produce any video courses or e-books, if so yes: Are people buying them on a regular basis, and what do you do to promote them.
#5) Just interested: What is your site?
I'd still like to know your answers to my questions :)

I have to disagree with the 'for bodybuilding, 3-4 workouts a week' - Your muscles are fresh and ready to be used again after around 48-72 hours I believe. That's why each muscle once per week is inferior. For bodybuilding i recommend each muscle twice a week. Hell, you can go 3x if something is lacking and needs to be brought up. Unless you're doing full body workouts and hitting every muscle group twice a week in those 4 days, i'd opt against it.

I agree with what you said about athletics.

1. I don't have the time to look up the exact terminology right now, but i believe it's your type II muscle fibers that get stimulated doing explosive movements, which is crucial for hypertrophy. I would guess plyometrics would be more for athletics. Putting weight on the bar and using explosive movements will help with the type ii (i believe) muscle fibers
2. build up slowly, especially in terms of strength. If your max bench is 185x5 and you start a workout program doing 185x5, you're going to plateau a lot faster. I would rec ommend scaling it back.
3. Mostly it's been in person. I was featured on bodybuilding.com, and i'm working on becoming a fitness model (really working on my physique) to hopefully get my name out a bit more through that. Otherwise, if the fitness model thing isn't going so hot, it still doesn't hurt to look good and work hard, i always enjoyed lifting and looking good. I'm going to be working on something bigger soon to scale my business. More to follow soon.
4. I have not (yet) - I just created a little newsletter and made it look like an e-book and i'm going to do some facebook marketing and get people to sign onto the list, and start working with them a bit..
5. I don't disclose it, since it's a business i work on and discuss in detail on here

Sorry bro! Been busy the past few days, didn't have a chance! I didn't forget.p

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
I don't understand this.

You have a pretty average physique.

Why would anyone even pay for personal training with you when there are millions of other more certified trainers?

Do you have a NASM cert? Whats your experience? Do you bring something new to the table? Do you have any mobility background? FMS? MobilityWOD? Powerlifter?

The pictures of you are all under lighting and we all know lighting can make a world of difference in pictures when it comes to shadow, definition, and physique.

@borntodominate has a more streamline physique and if I were a fat joe and I saw you and him I would go with him.

No hate and definitely no disrespect but maybe I'm not your target audience so I wouldn't know. I come from the bodybuilding.com scene as well and have seen WAYYYY better physiques.

The answers you give are also "googlable" (if that is a word haha) so it's not like you're spewing anything different.

Maybe you're omitting something but I just don't see the traction you're getting from that physique

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Going to answer a few questions here Mark Anthony, this is just my view of things. Kind of using this more to answer if these questions where asked towards me personally when i got my site online.
I don't understand this.

Not everyone trains for size.
Most high level athletes and the strongest people in the world look like crap, while having more effective bodies than the rest, as they are the best of the world after all.

Why would anyone even pay for personal training with you when there are millions of other more certified trainers?
Having a certification does not mean you actually know how to teach.
I personally would rather have someone that knows how to teach than someone that followed an online course and got a few letters after their name.
- As after all, most fitness certificates can be obtained with a few hours work, very basic knowledge and a whole lot of money from your own home.

Some of the best trainers I know got no certification at all. (The fitness industry is not regulated, you can become a fitness trainer without having any certification whatsoever.)

The only decent online trainer I know that has a certification has not got a fitness degree...he's got a physical therapy degree.

Do you have a NASM cert? Whats your experience? Do you bring something new to the table? Do you have any mobility background? FMS? MobilityWOD? Powerlifter?
The only important things are: " What's your experience?" and " Do you bring something new to the table" Although I believe the latter is close to impossible, as fitness is one of the most competitive niche's. and there aren't that many breakthrough scientific studies either.

In the end all that matters is " Does it work"

The pictures of you are all under lighting and we all know lighting can make a world of difference in pictures when it comes to shadow, definition, and physique.

I would say it's still a decent physique.
No unneeded muscles,
Only thing I'd have against the pictures is the bad posture.(Probably to make the muscles look bigger)

@borntodominate has a more streamline physique and if I were a fat joe and I saw you and him I would go with him.

No hate and definitely no disrespect but maybe I'm not your target audience so I wouldn't know. I come from the bodybuilding.com scene as well and have seen WAYYYY better physiques.

The answers you give are also "googlable" (if that is a word haha) so it's not like you're spewing anything different.

Maybe you're omitting something but I just don't see the traction you're getting from that physique

Fat joe might not be his target audience, I know for sure that it isn't mine.
There are a lot of programs to lose weight, it's almost impossible to break into that side of fitness, as you would have to compete with 99% of the fitness products out there.. most fitness products are to " Burn more calories", " lose fat", " get abs".
besides an effective training for " Fat joe' is usually one that exists already for the last 100+years. and can be found with a simple google for free.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
Rereading my original post, I realize I probably came off as a prick. Wasn't intended and apologies if anyone took it that way.

All I'm saying is there are millions of other more credible trainers to hire from. Finding someone like OP is like finding a needle in a haystack.

If he's getting money than kudos to him. I wish him the best. But when reading and looking at his posts in this thread it just struck me off as odd.

It doesn't add up that someone of his physique (albeit I understand that not everyone wants to be big but rather just aesthetic or athletic) is making money off his body/nutrition advice.

No hate at all. I'm just trying to understand.

Maybe the way he presents the info is different. Maybe he's a marketing genius. Idk. But there's definitely something missing.

Anyway... I'm just going to exit this thread. I feel like my posts here are borderline becoming "hater-like" in search of clarifying certain things.

I don't want OP to think I'm bashing him or anything at all. I respect our fellow brethren in the community and I'm glad he has a biz running. I wish him the best.

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
He's on his way. I was the same way at his age...

Just being real & honest here. When you train 2x a day for 6 sessions a week that's pretty much all you can do.

Your life is eat, sleep, train and whatever you can do during the interim wile barely functioning. It's an odyssey and journey into fitness obsession.

MJ DeMarco talks about indentured time in his book... that training style is a prime example of it.

Chris, just know that eventually you will realize although scientifically optimal for results, that lifestyle is not sustainable.

It's going to affect your wealth and relationships. Very difficult to date and work under the strain of that indentured time commited to training.

Most people in the fitness industry are on steroids and preach slowlane methods while "fastlaning" with chemical warfare.

This is what the sharks do.

Still a good experience to train like this for a year or two. Massive lessons to be gained.

Good luck.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
I'm on the right side of 40, a bit over weight. I want to reduce weight and at the same time build up muscle in my upper body. Looked up the web but there is an information overload - different sites have completely different exercises and left me a bit confused.

I go to a gym and have started working out with dumbbells and do a bit of pulley. I wish to make a documented bodybuilding workout plan that I can follow on alternate days of the week(alternating exercises) for 5-6 days a week that will surely and consistently build muscle up.

Can you suggest 2 groups of 4-5 exercises that will help me build my upper body muscle - I do the treadmill and cross trainer for 30-40 minutes for getting rid of some weight. I also do the plank on 2-3 days of the week.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
I'm on the right side of 40, a bit over weight. I want to reduce weight and at the same time build up muscle in my upper body. Looked up the web but there is an information overload - different sites have completely different exercises and left me a bit confused.

I go to a gym and have started working out with dumbbells and do a bit of pulley. I wish to make a documented bodybuilding workout plan that I can follow on alternate days of the week(alternating exercises) for 5-6 days a week that will surely and consistently build muscle up.

Can you suggest 2 groups of 4-5 exercises that will help me build my upper body muscle - I do the treadmill and cross trainer for 30-40 minutes for getting rid of some weight. I also do the plank on 2-3 days of the week.
I'll give you a different approach, with 3 different days. Try it, you might like it. and it will definitely give you results.

1 question: Why only train the upper body? Strength comes from the legs and the core. upper body is just fluff.

So I will suggest a more rounded program, with a lot of compound exercises.

Day 1: Strength day:

5 sets of 5 repetitions of the following exercises:
Squat
Deadlift
Dip (Advanced versions optionable)
Push up(advanced versions optionable- this exercise is a lot better than the bench press.)
Pull-up (Advanced versions optionable)

Tips:
Do a 5-4-1-1 timing: 5 seconds to go down, 4 seconds "rest" at bottom, 1 second up and then 1 second hold at the top.
Contract each and every muscle in your body.

Day 2: Endurance day.
Same exercises as day 1.
Only work up to 10 sets of 25 repetitions for each.
This will create an aftershock that multiplies your gains.

Tips:
Do a 2-2-1-1 timing: 2 seconds to go down, 2 seconds rest at bottom, 1 second up 1 second hold at top.
Only contract the muscles that you need for the exercise.

Day 3: Hiit(Cardio) Day
Tip from me: Get rid of the cardio for now.

Building strength burns in general more calories than cardio.
(If you do want to do some kind of exercises in a tabata protocol)

Here is one:

"Cardio day"
Exercise 1: Lunge or squat (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 2: Push ups (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 3: Sprints (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 4: Burpee's (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 5: Pull-ups (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 6: Dips (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
Finish.

This workout takes a total of 30 minutes and will burn just as much as about 4-5 hours on the crosstrainer /threadmill.
Also way more potent to train your body.

Tips:
Only contract the muscles needed for the exercise.
Perform the repetitions as quick as possible in good form.

Day 4: Rest
During day 4 you are allowed to work on Joint mobility or Yoga.

Repeat.

Nice and easy 4 day cycle, all compound exercises, build around the same 5 major exercises.
Of course day 1 is the highest intensity and day 2 the lowest as you need to do a lot more repetitions.
All exercises should be done with perfect form,
Never train to failure
Only count the repetitions done in perfect form.

So again I suggest to drop the threadmill and crosstrainer,
You can keep doing the planks, although I suggest moving to harder planks as quick as you can hold a plank for 1 minute or so.
Some options:
Hollow body elbow plank
Hollow body straight arm plank
Hollow body extended arm plank
Hollow body maltese plank
Hollow body wall maltese plank

Just to name a few, (There are literally thousands of possible progressions, the name of the game is intensity. you want to progressively move to higher and higher intensities, without progressing too fast. I personally do not go to a harder progression if I cannot do that harder progression for at least 30 seconds.)

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
I don't understand this.

To answer all of your concerns in a single writeup: You are under the impression that size is equivalent to knowledge about health and wellness. That's the biggest misconception by people who are uninformed. And I can assure you every other idiot on bodybuilding.com has the belief that bigger = you know more, so I can see where you're coming from. Just understand that the size of your biceps does not equate to how much you know, how well you can coach others, etc.

And as far as the 'average physique' comment, i'm going to guarantee my health, and my physique, is stronger than 95-99% of the population. I think you're comparing me in the spotlight of bodybuilders. I train bodybuilding style, but that does not mean I want to look like Ronnie Coleman. I am striving for a fitness model physique, and i'm about 10 pounds of muscle away from my goal of that.

This is one of the most successful trainers in the industry, Bob Harper
0.jpg

You don't need to look like an action figure to know how to train clients and get them results

I'll answer the rest of the comments later on today.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
He's on his way. I was the same way at his age...

Just being real & honest here. When you train 2x a day for 6 sessions a week that's pretty much all you can do.

Your life is eat, sleep, train and whatever you can do during the interim wile barely functioning. It's an odyssey and journey into fitness obsession.

MJ DeMarco talks about indentured time in his book... that training style is a prime example of it.

Chris, just know that eventually you will realize although scientifically optimal for results, that lifestyle is not sustainable.

It's going to affect your wealth and relationships. Very difficult to date and work under the strain of that indentured time commited to training.

Most people in the fitness industry are on steroids and preach slowlane methods while "fastlaning" with chemical warfare.

This is what the sharks do.

Still a good experience to train like this for a year or two. Massive lessons to be gained.

Good luck.

I wouldn't say ALL you can do, if you're real sufficient you can still squeeze some things in. However the level of commitment is definitely real. You have to be serious. And you have to constantly be thinking about training, nutrition, supplementation, etc

If you're working 9-5, training twice a day would be extremely difficult but not impossible. Lunch break and after work or in the AM.

I didn't say I was currently training twice a day, for the record. I've done cycles of it. and i've sustained it, easily. I'm 21, and couldn't care less about 'relationships' as far as a monogamous relationship with a woman, for the next 10 years.. And i'll probably always be involved in the fitness industry, so i'll probably end up meeting a potential partner there..

I agree with you and have realized this recently. Most are on steroids, and there's a lot of slowlane shit involved in the fitness industry. A lot of my previous strategies were slowlane and I thought they were fastlane. You can still slowlane yourself to millions, but if you're working for someone else or just constantly working HARD rather than smart, you're still in the slowlane.. so I agree with you there.

In my opinion, start 3-4 days a week and work on full body compound movements? Why?

Full body compounds are exercises that stimulate the most muscle fibers. You can take one exercise and have it work a dozen muscles. Learn the form and gain the mobility for the squat, bench, deadlift, and overhead press. Do some combination of those 3-4 days per week. Beginners don't need to be in the gym 5-6 days a week to make progress. Try a push / pull / leg workout. I would not only focus on your upper body. If weight loss is your goal, the more muscle you carry, the higher your metabolic rate, and the easier it'll be for you to burn body fat if your body is naturally burning more calories throughout the day. Legs/Back will be huge contributors to adding muscle mass, so I would not neglect those to focus on chest/arms.

Example of what I would recommend to get started, build some strength and size, and learn the movements..

Monday - Push

Barbell Bench Press 3x5
Dumbbell Bench Press 3x8-12
Dumbbell Skull Crusher 3x8-12
Rope pushdown - 3x8-12

Wednesday - Pull

Barbell Deadlift 3x5
Barbell Row 3x8-12
Dumbbell Curl 3x8-12
Dumbbell Preacher Curl 3x8-12

Friday - Legs

Squat - 3x5
Dumbbell Lunge 3x8-12
Lying Leg Curl 3x8-12
Standing Calf Raise 3x8-12
Seated Calf Raise 3x8-12

Twice a week (after a workout if you do it on a workout day) do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) - TEN MINUTEs. That's it for cardio.

What's the nutrition look like? If you follow that with sound nutrition you'll start shredding some weight off.

I'll give you a different approach, with 3 different days. Try it, you might like it. and it will definitely give you results.

1 question: Why only train the upper body? Strength comes from the legs and the core. upper body is just fluff.

So I will suggest a more rounded program, with a lot of compound exercises.

Day 1: Strength day:

5 sets of 5 repetitions of the following exercises:
Squat
Deadlift
Dip (Advanced versions optionable)
Push up(advanced versions optionable- this exercise is a lot better than the bench press.)
Pull-up (Advanced versions optionable)

Tips:
Do a 5-4-1-1 timing: 5 seconds to go down, 4 seconds "rest" at bottom, 1 second up and then 1 second hold at the top.
Contract each and every muscle in your body.

Day 2: Endurance day.
Same exercises as day 1.
Only work up to 10 sets of 25 repetitions for each.
This will create an aftershock that multiplies your gains.

Tips:
Do a 2-2-1-1 timing: 2 seconds to go down, 2 seconds rest at bottom, 1 second up 1 second hold at top.
Only contract the muscles that you need for the exercise.

Day 3: Hiit(Cardio) Day
Tip from me: Get rid of the cardio for now.

Building strength burns in general more calories than cardio.
(If you do want to do some kind of exercises in a tabata protocol)

Here is one:

"Cardio day"
Exercise 1: Lunge or squat (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 2: Push ups (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 3: Sprints (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 4: Burpee's (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 5: Pull-ups (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
1 minute rest
Exercise 6: Dips (8 sets of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest in between)
Finish.

This workout takes a total of 30 minutes and will burn just as much as about 4-5 hours on the crosstrainer /threadmill.
Also way more potent to train your body.

Tips:
Only contract the muscles needed for the exercise.
Perform the repetitions as quick as possible in good form.

Day 4: Rest
During day 4 you are allowed to work on Joint mobility or Yoga.

Repeat.

Nice and easy 4 day cycle, all compound exercises, build around the same 5 major exercises.
Of course day 1 is the highest intensity and day 2 the lowest as you need to do a lot more repetitions.
All exercises should be done with perfect form,
Never train to failure
Only count the repetitions done in perfect form.

So again I suggest to drop the threadmill and crosstrainer,
You can keep doing the planks, although I suggest moving to harder planks as quick as you can hold a plank for 1 minute or so.
Some options:
Hollow body elbow plank
Hollow body straight arm plank
Hollow body extended arm plank
Hollow body maltese plank
Hollow body wall maltese plank

Just to name a few, (There are literally thousands of possible progressions, the name of the game is intensity. you want to progressively move to higher and higher intensities, without progressing too fast. I personally do not go to a harder progression if I cannot do that harder progression for at least 30 seconds.)

Looks okay, however if he's totally new to this I think 3 days on 1 day off can be a bit taxing at 40 if you're out of shape

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
Looks okay, however if he's totally new to this I think 3 days on 1 day off can be a bit taxing at 40 if you're out of shape

Beauty about a program like that is that you can scale it.
If you can't do the program with "Normal push ups" you can always start with kneeling, incline or even wall push-ups. The same for any of the other exercises.

The HIIT and endurance might be too much in the start, but that's why you build up to it.
For example atm I'm doing a HIIT program myself in a 5 day cycle, I start off with the easiest versions of a specific exercise, if I can get a score of "10" (10 being the lowest amount of reps in any of the 8 sets) I progress to a harder version next time.
If not, I keep working on that specific intensity until I can handle it.

1up

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 11, 2014
Australia (Adelaide)
Thanks for the info so far,
But I have another question for you.
I current jog 4km most days to keep myself fit. Have been doing this for about 6 months.
I have now decided to take some action on getting in shape and building some muscle and toning up also, so have recently joined the gym (this week).
I still want to keep fit so my question is whatever gym routine I do, can or should I still do my 4km rum on those days as well? Would it work against my muscle workout?
Or am I better off to run on the days I don't do gym?
Thanks

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Thanks for the info so far,
But I have another question for you.
I current jog 4km most days to keep myself fit. Have been doing this for about 6 months.
I have now decided to take some action on getting in shape and building some muscle and toning up also, so have recently joined the gym (this week).
I still want to keep fit so my question is whatever gym routine I do, can or should I still do my 4km rum on those days as well? Would it work against my muscle workout?
Or am I better off to run on the days I don't do gym?
Thanks

You can keep running a few days per week. That won't really be a detriment unless you're running every day, or if you're trying to be a bodybuilder, then yes, running will be a problem.

For overall health, cardio has it's purpose. I would continue running 3 days a week or so

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
What's the #1 factor that keeps people staying motivated?

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA

That can be it, but it's usually deeper than that. Why do you want results? Who the hell cares?

There's more to it than the outcome. There's a motivational driver deep beyond the surface.

S&P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 11, 2013
I wouldn't say ALL you can do, if you're real sufficient you can still squeeze some things in. However the level of commitment is definitely real. You have to be serious. And you have to constantly be thinking about training, nutrition, supplementation, etc

If you're working 9-5, training twice a day would be extremely difficult but not impossible. Lunch break and after work or in the AM.

I didn't say I was currently training twice a day, for the record. I've done cycles of it. and i've sustained it, easily. I'm 21, and couldn't care less about 'relationships' as far as a monogamous relationship with a woman, for the next 10 years.. And i'll probably always be involved in the fitness industry, so i'll probably end up meeting a potential partner there..

I agree with you and have realized this recently. Most are on steroids, and there's a lot of slowlane shit involved in the fitness industry. A lot of my previous strategies were slowlane and I thought they were fastlane. You can still slowlane yourself to millions, but if you're working for someone else or just constantly working HARD rather than smart, you're still in the slowlane.. so I agree with you there.

Oh man this is eery. It's like peaking into my 21 year old mind. I used to be like you man and think like you.

I ended up dating the fitness model. Worst relationship of my life. Most fitness women are a bit crazy. She was a narcissist. Do you know what it's like to date someone like that? Google emotional manipulation, gaslighting, shaming, narcisstic rage etc.

Fitness industry is one of the worst industries to be in IMO.

The whole thing is a giant facade for sociopaths. 99% of the fitness world is complete BS. It's a cult of addicts man. They will lie to your face everytime. Don't believe me? See for yourself.

I have had relationships with non fitness women that were much better.

It's a small sample size so maybe you will get better results finding someone in the industry. If you want to take steroids then you should start from a very lean condition (8% bodyfat or less) and make sure you have the funds to sustain the lifestyle. There are a lot of expenses within a very short timeframe for this sort of thing. It's also incredibly side walker. If you were making 10x or more off of your body or knowledge that's another thing though.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Oh man this is eery. It's like peaking into my 21 year old mind. I used to be like you man and think like you.

I ended up dating the fitness model. Worst relationship of my life. Most fitness women are a bit crazy. She was a narcissist. Do you know what it's like to date someone like that? Google emotional manipulation, gaslighting, shaming, narcisstic rage etc.

Fitness industry is one of the worst industries to be in IMO.

The whole thing is a giant facade for sociopaths. 99% of the fitness world is complete BS. It's a cult of addicts man. They will lie to your face everytime. Don't believe me? See for yourself.

I have had relationships with non fitness women that were much better.

It's a small sample size so maybe you will get better results finding someone in the industry. If you want to take steroids then you should start from a very lean condition (8% bodyfat or less) and make sure you have the funds to sustain the lifestyle. There are a lot of expenses within a very short timeframe for this sort of thing. It's also incredibly side walker. If you were making 10x or more off of your body or knowledge that's another thing though.

I'm going to ask that if you want to have this conversation it be in private message with me instead of hijacking my thread. I am offering free advice as a certified and qualified trainer for those who have questions. I am not asking for advice myself in a personal hobby that speaks much closer to heart than you realize. And your jump to steroids and recommendations for how lean I should be for steroids, get out of here, you don't know a thing about me. I'm a natural bodybuilder, I don't train twice a day, I simply stated it is most beneficial, lifting isn't my life, it's a part of it, and i appreciate the female advice however I don't remember mentioning relationships in here.

I'd be happy to discuss in a private message if you would like because this has nothing to do with my thread and you aren't even asking a question.

I will agree that it is sidewalker and I haven't realized that until recently.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
I wanna get ripped but I can never stay motivated haha

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Is clean bulking a real thing? If yes, how?

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
Its simple. Eat more calories then you expend. The calories you eat should be from good food sources, like protein, carbs with low GI, mono. poly and omgea fats. Avoid refined sugars, alcohol, sat and trans fats.

Myron van Yolo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Nov 2, 2014
Europe
Yes, it is. Basically you just 100-300 calories over your maintanance (so if you maintain your weight eating 3000 cals you just eat a bit more). It allows you to stay lean without turning into a fatass like some people recommend during "mass phase". You build muscle slower, but the amount of fat you gain should be minimal if done right.

Testament

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 11, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Hey man, thanks for making such an awesome thread. :)

How do you eat to hit all of your macros for the day? Do you do any batching at all, or is there another method you use?

I've just recently gotten into weight lifting again, but I've always had a difficult time measuring exactly what I eat. So for the last 3 weeks, I've been hitting the gym 6 days a week and trying to batch my own food for the week on Mondays.

I'm sure it's too early to see results just yet, but every Monday has been a massive pain in the a$$ so far - I spend about 4-5 hours just making my meals for the rest of the week. I've also never cooked before, so that's probably a big part of it lol. But if there's a more efficient way to be hitting my macros, I'd love if you could share it.

Thanks Chris!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.