The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If I have an idea should I post it here? Also need feedback

Idea threads

BlueAtom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 17, 2015
I'm trying to think fastlane, and in doing so I'm coming up with a lot of wild ideas lately. Sometimes I don't know if they great, I need feedback from the more experienced. But I have this idea, that relates to starting a advertising network. This idea may seem a little far fetched, but it satisfies a need, control and can be scaled. Should I give details about it here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Prescious_Emz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 11, 2015
is it billion-dollar idea ?
the important thing is how can you take an ACTION.

Last edited:

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
You can, or you can not. It's up to you, really. But there are a ton of threads about how your idea isn't worth a billion, it's execution (which, to me, is partly true).

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Think of it this way, Google makes billions of dollars, google is based on an idea. You'll have a hard time competing with google. If you're idea starts generating money, you'll have competitors, guaranteed.

"An idea is just a brain fart" -MJ DeMarco

Telling people about your idea is the best way to get market feedback and refine/pivot your idea. Telling people about your business, and telling people how much it makes, is #1 way to get copycats while you're still building.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Brian Tracy says it's ok to tell people your idea because nobody will bother to implement it.
In my personal experience, if the idea is great and it's something easy to copy & execute, some people will copy it. But if it's something that takes a lot of work or is too difficult for most other people to do, then it's far less likely they'll copy it, because most people are lame and don't want to go to much trouble.

BlueAtom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 17, 2015
Thank you everyone for your reply, after more research I determined it is not a good idea. Thanks,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlueAtom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jan 17, 2015
Why is it not a good idea?

Hi, BigBrianC asked the same question, I'll post what I told him here:

Hi Brian, thank you for the reply. After doing a little more research, I realize I should dig deeper and find out if it is indeed a need. This may not be a good idea, but I'll tell you anyway. My idea was somehow merging the gap between online and local advertising. Or somehow allowing people through a online web app to advertise locally. I started watching people coming into my local business (Henderson, TN). Next to the door there is a bulletin board where people can post there business cards. Most businesses in surrounding towns have an area where people post business cards, and almost everyone coming in always looks at them (especially when they are waiting on something).

But obviously you would only want people within in a given regional area to advertise locally. Or allow people within a surrounding area to connect a little easier through an online app. I figured the the app could be displayed across different devices, monitors or whatever. I figured the incentive could be the business owners receiving part of the advertising revenue. But then would come the problem with tracking advertising analytics.

I was thinking it could also be used for local community events or announcements as well, but then people are more likely to just use Facebook or something. Thanks,

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.