The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

US dollar still on a rip! Right now its at 94+

Anything related to investing, including crypto
G

Guest3722A

Currently tied for strongest bull move in 15 years. Some are speculating its going to 100. Today's breakout move was impressive.

I hope it can get to and through the 96 range.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
My wildest dream: Dollar going to be worth 10 euro's.

Why? I get paid in Dollars and I'm from the netherlands.

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
Why the heck is the dollar stronger now?
Several years ago people were saying all this junk about the coming dollar collapse and hyper inflation.

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Yep... lost 20% of my investment budget in the past weeks (Have EUR, pay in USD)

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014

Great minds, man. Screw the EU, I'll make a ton of money if the dollar keeps going up.

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
Great minds, man. Screw the EU, I'll make a ton of money if the dollar keeps going up.

Right there with you guys! although seeing as I live in the UK that's not going be happening any time soon, stronger than it has been in a while though I guess it'd make it a simple decision to move to somewhere else in the EU mind :)

G

Guest3722A

It should... with the ECB's QE... and countries trying to weaken the currency (currency wars) for export advantages... all the money is flowing back to the US as safe haven. Let's see what happens in the coming months. a boom in the stocks?
I like your forward thinking. alot. The market has been on a rip too though, but nothing surprises me. I think what's interesting here was all of the artificial action followed by the usual array of talking heads about why this won't work and why this should've been done, etc.

I also like how the investor mind is led and controlled, and then how all the traders form the averages that many other traders trade off of by getting on board trading things up to a point prior to the actual action. And I think the US dollar is a perfect example of this as where Yellin back in July continued on Bernanke's path of systematically reducing the bond purchases but ADDED to her fed speak that it would end in October. It was at this point that the dollar went parabolic and hasn't stopped and now the next carrot dangled is that rates may be bumping up come April.

It has been in the parabolic range for going on half a year and what I've seen repeatedly after great parabolic moves are many times great corrections. I'm hoping it breaks for a bit to the right of the upper b. band at this point with minimal retracement and catches its breath trading sideways then eases its way up to parity. I'd really hate to see it correct below 80

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

You do realize everything you buy will cost more euros if this happens right?

Michał Kóska

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 10, 2015
Not rally good situation 4 me. I must buy $ in order to get stuff out of China etc ;) I wish the price will be lower in the coming months

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
You do realize everything you buy will cost more euros if this happens right?
In the end, maybe yes.

However the euro zone is planning to do everthing to keep the value of the euro up. so it probably won't happen.

I do believe that in the end it's going to be around 1 dollar=1 euro though, and that would be perfect for me.
As last year I was making a monthly $1600 a month of my job (equals 4$ an hour) which was worth €1200 or around € 3 an hour.
If $1600= €1600 I would be so happy :)

Even while the prices in europe are already double or triple the prices in the US.(let's be honest...everything in the US is rediculous cheap) I don't think that it'll become that much higher to stay in the same cost range for me as it does now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.