The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Better Business Bureau Thrustworthy?

G

GuestUser140

Hi guys,

I'm contacting a host of US companies from Europe, and noticed some of them have BBB ratings.

How thrustworthy are these? Aka, would it be worth it to only select BBB accredited businesses to deal with?

The reason I ask is because we have a similar system, that you can basically buy into.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
Last edited:

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
I may trust them, I'll never thrust them Lol

But really, can't go wrong with a verified, solid BBB rating

G

GuestUser140

Sorry guys English as a third language. Thanks for the info though!

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
Sorry guys English as a third language. Thanks for the info though!

I would say Yes and No. The BBB does require the business to buy into their system to gain accreditation, via http://www.bbb.org/council/eusafeharbor/pricing-information/. If there are tons of negative reviews that have gone unsolved for a particular business than that should be a red flag. However, if a business doesn't have a BBB profile than that shouldn't be a negative. There are lots of business's, especially those that deal in B2B that don't have a profile. Thus, I wouldn't worry if a business lacked BBB accreditation. But, I would worry about one that showed lots and lots of complaints.

-My 2 cents.

Kid Money

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 1, 2012
I would say Yes and No. The BBB does require the business to buy into their system to gain accreditation, via http://www.bbb.org/council/eusafeharbor/pricing-information/. If there are tons of negative reviews that have gone unsolved for a particular business than that should be a red flag. However, if a business doesn't have a BBB profile than that shouldn't be a negative. There are lots of business's, especially those that deal in B2B that don't have a profile. Thus, I wouldn't worry if a business lacked BBB accreditation. But, I would worry about one that showed lots and lots of complaints.

-My 2 cents.

^^^ I would say less than 50% of businesses that I know are not with the BBB. Same as above. If someone is not listed with them I wouldn't really worry. BBB likes to paint themselves as the end all be all but what people don't realize is that its a paid deal for most.

1-If listed, great reviews and score then IMO you cant go wrong.

2-If listed and bad reviews then skip them at all costs

3-If not listed scour the internet etc. or ask for references, etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.