The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are examples of the best long form sales pages used today?

Marketing, social media, advertising

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
I'm in the process of writing my first long form sales page for a product.

Just curious to see...what do you guys think are the best long form sales pages being used out there today?

I know there's a lot of ugly, low quality crap out there so what do you guys think are good examples to follow?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Depends on the product, depends on how much convincing you need, what buying stage your target market is currently in.

I'd recommend checking out Perry Marshalls 80-20 Landing Page Conversion Express. Good resource for insights on design with goal of converting.
If you need a link just PM me, I can send it to you.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Current customers are used to reading online information, reviews, and testimonials.

Our future customers are on mobile devices with [HASHTAG]#beats[/HASHTAG] headphones. They only watch videos and want to watch someone using it.

Need to cater to the first group, then begin to cater to the second.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@ZCP ... I hate long copy and won't read it.

I found myself today saying outloud "Just show me a freaking video ! I don't have time to read all this when a video will work."

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I hate long copy and won't read it.
I'm the same way, but...
I can't remember a single copywriter ever saying short form copy outsold long form copy.
Long copy is meant to convince real prospects to buy, not to make uninterested people interested.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
I like Michael Fortin's views on this. He basically says that the long-form salesletter is dying - but this doesn't mean short copy > long copy.

Here's why (extremely simplified):
  1. All of us direct-response copywriters know that advertising = multiplied salesmanship
  2. Advertising originated in print form, and long copy was proven to be the king. I believe infomercials on TV followed the same pattern (but was limited due to cost and other issues)
  3. When the Internet first became available for public use, it was basically treated as an online 'phone directory', so naturally online advertising followed the footsteps of print advertising (long copy salesletters)
  4. The Internet has evolved (audio, video, interactive design, etc.) and advertising is following suit (VSLs are outpulling pure text based landing pages)
  5. A salesman and his prospect is engaged in an interaction, and given that web technology is changing the Internet into a more interactive medium, online advertising is going to become closer and closer to resembling in-person salesmanship (which it should by principle).
  6. The outcome isn't shorter copy, but it means the long-form online salesletter is going to evolve into a interactive sales experience for the prospect (Eg. VSLs, forms and check boxes which the user interacts with which results in the page customizing its pitch to their specific input, etc.)
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out and how the 'gurus' adapt.

EDIT: As for your question, I like the Insanity Workout page

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.