The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Page Owners

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I'm creating my own instagram page and I was wondering that can you use any pictures on your instagram? Like can I take a picture from some random page and post it on my page and add text to it for example?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cami

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 4, 2014
US
I'm creating my own instagram page and I was wondering that can you use any pictures on your instagram? Like can I take a picture from some random page and post it on my page and add text to it for example?
Yes but its appropriate to give credit to the owner of the pic if you know it. As long as you are not representing it as your own you are fine. Never crop out a watermark and if its a repost from someone else page make sure to tag them. This usually isn't a big deal on personal small IG page but its a must for a professional page. You will lose the respect of your followers if you pretend they are your original photos when they are not. Hope that answers your question. :)

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Yes but its appropriate to give credit to the owner of the pic if you know it. As long as you are not representing it as your own you are fine. Never crop out a watermark and if its a repost from someone else page make sure to tag them. This usually isn't a big deal on personal small IG page but its a must for a professional page. You will lose the respect of your followers if you pretend they are your original photos when they are not. Hope that answers your question. :)

Thanks it does yes :)

EPerceptions

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 6, 2013
Virginia/Arizona
(sorry, I don't know how to quote through tapatalk)

From https://help.instagram.com/365080703569355
"Instagram is a great way to share your life moments through photos and videos, but you shouldn't share someone else’s photos or videos.

You own the photos and videos you post on Instagram. We ask that you respect other members of the Instagram community and don’t share content that isn’t yours. If you want to express your excitement over a beautiful post, it’s best to double tap on the image to like it!

Learn more about reporting potential copyright infringements.

To read more about our policies, visit our Community Guidelines."

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
(sorry, I don't know how to quote through tapatalk)

From https://help.instagram.com/365080703569355
"Instagram is a great way to share your life moments through photos and videos, but you shouldn't share someone else’s photos or videos.

You own the photos and videos you post on Instagram. We ask that you respect other members of the Instagram community and don’t share content that isn’t yours. If you want to express your excitement over a beautiful post, it’s best to double tap on the image to like it!

Learn more about reporting potential copyright infringements.

To read more about our policies, visit our Community Guidelines."

F*ck that I will post anyway. Everyone else does it too. =D

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
F*ck that I will post anyway. Everyone else does it too. =D

I got a warning for posting someone elses photo, I have a bigger page that is seen by a lot of people but if it's things like memes you shouldn't have any issues. It's when you start taking photography you run into the problems.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.