The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to enjoy life?

William

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 15, 2012
Try not to sit around.

Try not to think too much.

Try not to let a lot of time go by without doing something.

Try to stay around good energy (people, books, youtube videos, this forum, etc.)

Make a solid plan. Have a blueprint for your life.

START HERE:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...tive-guide-to-accomplishing-your-goals.49666/

If something goes wrong, just adjust. Do not think about it too much. Unless you want to fall back into that abyss.

Get of the house. Stay out of the house. I find that if I stay in the house, I do not get anything done. Comfort zone = no work.

Change your language. Start saying positive/confident shit even though you may not feel like it. DO IT.

Try to move. EVERY day. EVERY moment. without thinking about it too much.

You will begin to feel better about yourself.

PS

You CAN do it. You ARE POWERFUL. NOW is all that matters.

MOVE. MOVE. MOVE.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Peakdesire

Burning Desire to Succeed
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Try not to sit around.

Try not to think too much.

Try not to let a lot of time go by without doing something.

Try to stay around good energy (people, books, youtube videos, this forum, etc.)

Make a solid plan. Have a blueprint for your life.

START HERE:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...tive-guide-to-accomplishing-your-goals.49666/

If something goes wrong, just adjust. Do not think about it too much. Unless you want to fall back into that abyss.

Get of the house. Stay out of the house. I find that if I stay in the house, I do not get anything done. Comfort zone = no work.

Change your language. Start saying positive/confident shit even though you may not feel like it. DO IT.

Try to move. EVERY day. EVERY moment. without thinking about it too much.

You will begin to feel better about yourself.

PS

You CAN do it. You ARE POWERFUL. NOW is all that matters.

MOVE. MOVE. MOVE.

Thanks great info.

My problem is that as I'm going to school atm, I want to already start a venture on the side and begin the journey to fastlane. But, I have no idea which direction I should go, no idea which kind of business to start. Every day this same question is hovering in my head. What to do, where to head.

And as the days go by, I sort of feel like I'm wasting time, because I don't have a venture running yet. Even though I'm reading great books, reading this forum, watching great youtube videos.

I do have a website where I write inspiration & fitness posts, And i'm planning to write a couple of e-books on motivation and fitness.

''Make a solid plan. Have a blueprint for your life.''

This is what I need to do, but I have no idea what should be in that blueprint. I have no idea what I want to do. All i know is that I want to hustle. To start a business.

Last edited by a moderator:

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks great info.

My problem is that as I'm going to school atm, I want to already start a venture on the side and begin the journey to fastlane. But, I have no idea which direction I should go, no idea which kind of business to start. Every day this same question is hovering in my head. What to do, where to head.

And as the days go by, I sort of feel like I'm wasting time, because I don't have a venture running yet. Even though I'm reading great books, reading this forum, watching great youtube videos.

I do have a website where I write inspiration & fitness posts, And i'm planning to write a couple of e-books on motivation and fitness.

''Make a solid plan. Have a blueprint for your life.''

This is what I need to do, but I have no idea what should be in that blueprint. I have no idea what I want to do. All i know is that I want to hustle. To start a business.

"When you don't know what to do, do ANYTHING"

500+ Ways To Make Money Online

Last edited:

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
He listed the same things that I'm already planning on doing with my blog. To sell ebooks and maybe do a little affiliate marketing.

I feel like I need a real business.

FlamingRemedy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 24, 2013
I was where you were at not long ago, but after listening to Vigilante's Saturday show I took action and entered the importing industry, still a newbie but took all the info and applied it. I can only get better from this point forward. I'm not saying it'll be for you, but choosing a direction is essential if you're serious about owning your own business, unless you like feeling lost.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I was where you were at not long ago, but after listening to Vigilante's Saturday show I took action and entered the importing industry, still a newbie but took all the info and applied it. I can only get better from this point forward. I'm not saying it'll be for you, but choosing a direction is essential if you're serious about owning your own business, unless you like feeling lost.

Yah i need to choose a direction. So damn hard. There are like million opportunities. Which one to choose??

Im just on the brink of saying fuk it jumping head first into just anything.

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
Former sufferer of depression here. You're doing a lot of good things already---meditating, eating well, etc.

Here are some other things that have worked for me:

- Going to a psychiatrist. This doesn't automatically mean you're going to be on medication. They might recommend some other options, like nutritional supplements. (Omega 3 fatty acids, B vitamins, amino acids like L-Tyrosine, etc).

- Cognitive behavioral therapy. The book Feeling Good by David Burns is great. It gives you actionable exercises to change your negative thought patterns. What the book posits (and what I agree with) is that your condition isn't what's making you sad. It's your THOUGHTS about what's happening that is making you sad.

- Hypnosis. I went to a lady a couple of months ago for a couple of sessions and the results were INCREDIBLE. I feel like a different person. After my first session, my wife said "I've never seen you so light and happy!". (Weird side note: She got inspired to see the same hypnotherapist and cured her altitude sickness. The power of the mind is incredible.)

- Gratitude list. Every morning, write down 5-10 things you are grateful for.

Since you're in Finland, you probably get very little sunlight this time of year. You might have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I'd recommend one of those blue light boxes---you can order them on Amazon and other online sites.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Former sufferer of depression here. You're doing a lot of good things already---meditating, eating well, etc.

Here are some other things that have worked for me:

- Going to a psychiatrist. This doesn't automatically mean you're going to be on medication. They might recommend some other options, like nutritional supplements. (Omega 3 fatty acids, B vitamins, amino acids like L-Tyrosine, etc).

- Cognitive behavioral therapy. The book Feeling Good by David Burns is great. It gives you actionable exercises to change your negative thought patterns. What the book posits (and what I agree with) is that your condition isn't what's making you sad. It's your THOUGHTS about what's happening that is making you sad.

- Hypnosis. I went to a lady a couple of months ago for a couple of sessions and the results were INCREDIBLE. I feel like a different person. After my first session, my wife said "I've never seen you so light and happy!". (Weird side note: She got inspired to see the same hypnotherapist and cured her altitude sickness. The power of the mind is incredible.)

- Gratitude list. Every morning, write down 5-10 things you are grateful for.

Since you're in Finland, you probably get very little sunlight this time of year. You might have Seasonal Affective Disorder. I'd recommend one of those blue light boxes---you can order them on Amazon and other online sites.

Thanks.

Yeah I basically get ZERO sunlight.

What is a blue light box?

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
G

GuestUser140

You seem to have no clue at all.

Why don't you sit down with a notepad and write down what you want from life.

What > how

You started with a weak body and wanted to look a certain way. You looked up info. Didn't know where to start, but your heart/head knew you had to lift weights. So you went to the gym. Researched nutrition. Eat healthy. Slowly but surely building your way to your dream goal by process, one step at a time. Repeat this for all other areas of your life.

Keep it simple.

G

GuestUser112

I really hate this. I want to live life to the fullest and enjoy it. I want to feel ALIVE. I want to feel passion and excitement.

Thanks.

Just decide that you're going to enjoy it. Decide to be happy. It's quite simple. Watch your thought patterns carefully. Go buy some weed, smoke it, and then consciously analyze every thought that goes through your mind. The weed isn't necessary but it may help.

As far as passion and excitement goes, I know two surefire methods.

1. Do something for somebody else. Go read books to blind children at the hospital. Find a way you can give a real gift to somebody who will actually appreciate it.

2. Begin a romantic pursuit of a woman (or man) who you think is amazing but appears to be 'out of your league'. Decide that you're going to woo her, and do the best you can. Make sure she's really out there - like a hot brain surgeon or something. Every time you make her smile you'll get butterflies and if you're lucky you might just fall in love. Perhaps you're just lonely. Deep meaningful relationships are everything in life.

Relationships are like bank accounts - you can withdraw or you can deposit. If your relationships have deteriorated, it is probably because you haven't been making enough deposits. If you respect/love somebody for a real reason, tell them you do, and why. Trust.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Just decide that you're going to enjoy it. Decide to be happy. It's quite simple. Watch your thought patterns carefully. Go buy some weed, smoke it, and then consciously analyze every thought that goes through your mind. The weed isn't necessary but it may help.

As far as passion and excitement goes, I know two surefire methods.

1. Do something for somebody else. Go read books to blind children at the hospital. Find a way you can give a real gift to somebody who will actually appreciate it.

2. Begin a romantic pursuit of a woman (or man) who you think is amazing but appears to be 'out of your league'. Decide that you're going to woo her, and do the best you can. Make sure she's really out there - like a hot brain surgeon or something. Every time you make her smile you'll get butterflies and if you're lucky you might just fall in love. Perhaps you're just lonely. Deep meaningful relationships are everything in life.

Relationships are like bank accounts - you can withdraw or you can deposit. If your relationships have deteriorated, it is probably because you haven't been making enough deposits. If you respect/love somebody for a real reason, tell them you do, and why. Trust.

Yea my relationships are definitely non-existent. I have basically like 2 friends that I see maybe once a week tops and no girls.

I've been looking for a girlfriend for so long but I cant find anybody.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Usually that's where people get it wrong. You don't look for a partner. When you're not looking is when you usually find them. We have a habit thinking we need to go look and search for everything in life. Sometimes it comes to you easier rather than making it harder by going to look for it. :) Usually when I let go of the reigns of trying to control life and be in the flow it usually happens naturally and in a more positive direction.

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
Usually that's where people get it wrong. You don't look for a partner. When you're not looking is when you usually find them. We have a habit thinking we need to go look and search for everything in life. Sometimes it comes to you easier rather than making it harder by going to look for it. :) Usually when I let go of the reigns of trying to control life and be in the flow it usually happens naturally and in a more positive direction.

Yeah that makes sense. But I still think I need to keep a little more proactive approach on my whole relationship game. I mean the friends and girlfriends wont just come to me.

If I don't text or call to the only few friends i have, I will be all alone, I mean I can go for months without anyone even calling me...

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
Yeah that makes sense. But I still think I need to keep a little more proactive approach on my whole relationship game. I mean the friends and girlfriends wont just come to me.

If I don't text or call to the only few friends i have, I will be all alone, I mean I can go for months without anyone even calling me...

Mattie's right. You make friends and meet girls/boys you like by being yourself as hard as you possibly can, and getting out of the house. That's the genius secret magic formula nobody wants you to know. If you be yourself, you'll find it hard to make close friends because most people aren't compatible with you. That's fine. That's what's supposed to happen. But when you do find someone that you connect with, it'll make you re-evaluate what the word "friend" means. Girlfriends are the same way. I was with my last girlfriend for about 3 years before we broke up. Wanna know what started everything? A conversation about spongebob. We were both perfectly normal, fairly typical 17 year old kids who for whatever reason secretly knew every line of every episode of spongebob ever. I'm not joking. It's lame. But life is lame.

Once we got talking about that, we found that we connected on a lot of other (less goofy) things too. We got along extremely well, because for 1 second we decided to admit something to each other that we'd normally be far too embarrassed to even talk about. We were ourselves to each other and I'm really thankful that it happened. I honestly don't believe in "looking" for relationships.

G

GuestUser112

Usually that's where people get it wrong. You don't look for a partner.

I don't want to appear sexist, because I'm not. But I think that it is different for men and women, here. Many of my past relationships (including the good ones) would have never happened if I didn't pursue the woman. I think that the way the dynamic has worked for thousands of years has always been the man pursuing the woman, and so woman end up in relationships by 'letting go of the reins' whereas it has already involved the man doing a lot of work (or perhaps just flicking themselves in the nuts until they work up the courage to actually TALK to this beautiful girl)

Not to say that it can work differently. That happens all the time. And I'm not saying 'go to the club and pick up a chick'. F*ck no.

Spend a little more than average time in places like the library, the grocery store, the book store, etc. Non-threatening places where you might meet some really great women. Then just start conversations with the ones you find attractive. 9 times out of 10 you might just flop but all you need is one good connection.

It was almost two years ago when I was working in the warehouse of a large machine manufacturing company, and this gorgeous engineer walked through. She was an intern running tests on the machines. As soon as I saw her I thought "Wow, she's amazing". The rest of the guys I worked with did too. I didn't have the balls to talk to her though. I just smiled at her at every chance, lol. One day her machine wasn't working and she approached me to ask if there had been a power failure (she would come and go while her machine ran tests - she was a metallurgist). When she got close, I was smitten. With her standing two feet away from me I saw that she was the most beautiful girl in the world.
So after that I was in love and I told the other guys I was gonna 'go for it'. They laughed at me. One of them said "Buddy, she's like top shit around here, and we're the bottom of the barrel at this company'. I was like "speak for yourself, bud". She happened to be working on the other side of the floor so right then I approached her and asked her if she liked sushi. She said yes. I was like good, my best friend works at a sushi restaurant in town (completely true), wanna go for lunch there? She said yes.

For the next three months (it was the summer) we had a great relationship. She would cook food in nothing but an apron (I know!!!) and then we would literally make love while listening to soft jazz in the candlelight. Not even exaggerating. And we'd drink red wine.

Problem was that eventually my bad habits caught up to me (I was a bad alcoholic) and eventually she left me for somebody she had known for a long time (a physicist, lol). I can laugh about it now but it really F*cked me up at the time. But I have no regrets, other than my drinking.

Moral of the story? If you see something you want, go for it. You may just surprise yourself. But if you get it, don't take it for granted like I did.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Well being a woman I did used to go after guys. lol Always ended up with the bad ones. Than I let go of the reins and found the best one. So, I suppose there isn't a right or wrong way. Either way I never had a problem with guys. I'd just show up some place. Sure you need to mingle with people to meet other people. And yes, I suppose if you're a loner you can get isolated and alone.

My point though was that if you're focused, worried, and anxious about meeting someone and deliberately looking for a partner like so many do, it makes them frustrated because they're saying when will i meet the right one? Will I find the right one? It's not like we go to the grocery store and order up a partner or they magically appear. So, this is what I mean by it, obsessing about it and thinking about it 24/7 and everywhere you go. And believe me women do this a lot and some men do.

Last edited:

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
I just realized my relationships really really suck.

I don't really care that much anymore I will just work on my blog the whole weekend and work on my venture.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I just realized my relationships really really suck.

I don't really care that much anymore I will just work on my blog the whole weekend and work on my venture.

What is your personality like?

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia

Peakdesire

Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
May 16, 2014
What is your personality like?

Ambitious, motivated, non time wasting, social, outgoing, down to earth, maybe little funny, positive, etc..

There really isn't anything wrong with my personality. I just can't find friends anywhere or meet new people.

TennisOrDie

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jun 13, 2014
Ambitious, motivated, non time wasting, social, outgoing, down to earth, maybe little funny, positive, etc..

There really isn't anything wrong with my personality. I just can't find friends anywhere or meet new people.

How can you claim to be social and realize that all your relationships suck, both at the same time? How can you claim to be outgoing and only have 2 friends? How can you claim to be outgoing and not be able to find friends or meet new people? People that are actually outgoing have many friends and are great at meeting new people.

Your problem is is that you aren't honest with yourself. From an objective point of view from reading your posts, you aren't ambitious, motivated, non time wasting, social, outgoing, down to earth, funny, or positive in any way.

You're ambitious? All you've said is that you want to start a business and you haven't yet because "you don't know what to do". That doesn't sound ambitious to me.
Motivated? Same as above.
Non time wasting? Same as above
Social? You have 2 friends and claim you can go months without receiving a phone call. How can you claim to be social?
Outgoing? Same as above
Down to earth? You have offered no proof that you are down to earth. And usually people that claim to be "down to earth" aren't so don't to earth.
Funny? So far everything you've said has been depressing and not funny in any single way.
Positive? Same as above.

These are all things you'd like to be, but I think deep down you know you are NONE of these things. That doesn't mean you can't become these things by changing, it just means you need to learn to be honest with yourself. Right now you're blaming everyone except yourself.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Before any of this works you have to become a person who enjoys life. Not be a sad person who knows the techniques for enjoying life.

If you are a sad person trying to be happy, you will fail.
If you are an unsociable person trying to be sociable, you will fail.
If you are a low-self esteem person trying to act like a high self esteem person, you will fail.
If you are a lazy person who trying to act like a hard working person, you will fail.

You are a sad person doing happy things. If you remain a sad person, everything will just return to that personality. You must change your self-image.

Here are some ways you can change your self-image, in no particular order:

- Massive EVENT. Yeah, I said event. Events inspire the processes that create events. Events strong enough to over-ride existing beliefs about yourself. (Note: EVENTS DO NOT HAPPEN INSIDE YOUR BEDROOM. YOU HAVE TO EXPOSE YOURSELF TO THE WORLD.)
- Visualization and affirmation of the person you want to be
- NLP
- Habit (if it over-rides your existing identity, which in your case, it doesn't seem to have)
Habits are excellent once they are in line with a new identity, and in the long haul, habits trump everything else. But you will not build habits with the same identity.

Read Psycho-Cybernetics, the answer you're looking for is there.

G

GuestUser112

Here's a word of advice: stop asking for advice.

Secret of happiness?
1. Decide to be happy.
2. Find out what makes you more happy.
3. Pursue that which makes you more happy. For me that is becoming better at something, and bacon, and music, and indulging my ego. I have no idea what it is specifically for you. But bacon is probably on the list.

I know why you are unhappy - because you have no pride. Deep down, you hate yourself for asking other people how to be happy. How can a man be proud and dependent at the same time? He can't. What thing, if you did, would make you proud of yourself? Go do it. Don't answer any more of these posts. Your answers are shovelfuls of dirt scooped out of your own grave. "I just realized my relationships really really suck" "I don't care anymore". Stop it. Just stop it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.