The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Little Motivation for Those who Doubt

Anything related to matters of the mind

niftyg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Hey everyone. This little message goes out to anyone who feels stuck and like they might never get 'there'. To the people who doubt they will ever be productive and fall into the trap of.. laziness.
I'm going to tell you a story about myself.

I was one of 'them', and I still am one of them: un-motivated, lazy and posses many other bad traits. Traits I have worked years to fix without results. I have motivation for a little bit, but then poof. It's gone. Down about myself, depressed, down-the-drain. All of this 'fastlane' stuff and internet business stuff is too good to be true. But I have a sliver of faith burrowed deep down that has always been there and has never left.

Year after year I keep brewing a latest+greatest business scheme. Terrible terrible ideas. Over many years I have read countless hours on the internet, taking a little bit of action every once in a while, taking a little bit of risk, working a job that I seriously thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown over. It paid very little, but that's not the point. I have so little time; less time than anyone. I need more recharge time than I should ever need.

I was trying my hardest to make $5 a day, and it wasn't happening. Those $100 walmart gift cards and long since over saturated acai berries weren't working. Nor were those websites that didn't actually have any plans to make money. Many ideas since and after these have come and past.

Fast forward to 2014.

I'm making DOUBLE what I made at my old 40hr a week job and I don't have to do a whole lot. A few hours a week maybe? I have so much free time, that even if I am slacking off most of the time, it still gives me time to work on yet another side business that I see HUGE potential for: Something very unique, hand made that people with lots of money like to buy. $200 profit from $60 Facebook ad spend. But that's not the point. "Business Breeds Business" it's like a snowball rolling down a hill. You just need that first shot of success.
My time is no longer tied to my income.

What made this happen is even though I was/am unproductive 90% of the time, all of those moments I felt inspired I worked towards something, and never stopped. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was all adding up. Eventually, something ended up catching. Now that I think about it I would have never ever thought I would be in this position 2 years ago. I quit my job at a terrible terrible time, lots of debt, but it is all working out.

My first 'success' coupled with all the information I have learned here has given me a new confidence. I know for a fact I can lose everything and I can get back to where I am now, doing a completely different business idea. I know how horrible it would feel, but I know that I could bounce back.

This is mostly talking about me, yes. But I want to show some of you who think that you will NEVER have the motivation to start something, as so many people say how many countless hours it is.. all those small amount of hours that you actually DO work adds up to very big results. You might not have to change yourself as much as you think.

I should also add it is all about connections. My first success could be thanked to someone on this forum who has been incredibly patient with all of my questions. I know he has given a lot to this community. I don't know if you want me to put your name :) but you know who you are.

My in progress success-in-the-making business is with a partner. I am leveraging my knowledge of eCommerce and ads with their ideas, connections and huge motivation. (this was all information I didn't realize I was absorbing while reading this forum hours on end)

But I need to go now, the golf course is calling my name. (jk I don't play golf)

No, I don't make alot of money yet, but I can say one thing. My life is more comfortable right now than any "career" could possibly ever take me.

So next time you doubt yourself for being a lazy a$$.... just keep working towards something, and it will eventually pay off somehow.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser140

I like this. Can relate to it.

When you "get" it and things materialize, your self doubt starts to go away.
Chances are big you realize you're probably working less hard than an average employee. Kind of makes you chuckle when you find yourself realizing that.

They could send you back in time or to a different country, and you'd be on your feet in no time. You've got what it takes now. It's not just the cold hard $ figure that is there in the bank, but also the experience from the countless transactions/interactions.

Now the next level... Do you want to be comfortable, or do you want to be free?

Both are admirable.

If you want to be free, focus more on your business and shoot for the stars.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sometimes I don't think it's so much doubt as much it is expectations. When you let go of the idea and expectation something should be happening right now, it makes it a lot easier. For me, I tend to want get there in a hurry and will work to much and over load myself. While I have relaxed more the last six months, this is what I've learned, is to let go of the expectations of when things are supposed to happen. I focus on creating in the now.

GratefulScorpio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 12, 2014
very good story, man! It's a little funny how you can connect the dots after things start to happen, but you can never see it now how things are going to be! All we need to do is plant the seeds of success (idea''s) work on them, nurture it! The time to sow is always NOW, but you never know when the reaping time is...just keep faith and don't keep taking the seed out (it will never grow)

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Nice post. Congratulations on tasting success and best of luck in the future. Great motivation!

TylerBiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 16, 2014
Poland
Thanks for this thread. I'm sure I'll be reading this everytime when I have some doubts. Thank you very much for sharing!

d.weglarz13

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Nov 2, 2014
Kind of just what I needed to hear right now. Thanks for the motivation and good luck in the future!
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Thanks for the write-up!

This is a huge point you made.
It signifies the shift, from I'm going to do it all right now, to taking one step at a time.

Most people have this grandiose goal of making a $1 Million a year business.
But that's the wrong focus. You can't just create that in a few days.

Takes a long time.
What gets you there is your process, what you do everyday.

E.g if you want to be write a book, write 1000 words a day.
If you want to be 12% Body fat, run 30 mins a day.

Goal is to be at 12%, but the process is 30 mins a day.

Golden Question.... If you focus on the process and not the goal, would you still achieve the goal/get the results?

Yes. You would.

So the goal for me IS the process. The goal IS the work. It IS the daily grind.
Mathematically impossible to not get the result you want if you just focus on the process.

Some questions to ask yourself when feeling stuck:

What systems / Processes do you have in place right now?
What results are they leading you to?

What systems/processes do you need to implement everyday to achieve your goals?

Hope that helps.

niftyg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver Island
Thank you for all of the replies.

Everyone says to take it one step at a time. I couldn't. I wanted it all now, and it drove my CRAZY that I couldn't have it.

It was a shift that just happened from making little by little progress for so long, not a magic bullet I read. And I'm not talking about making progress on the same thing. I have failed many ideas and projects. I'm talking making progress by always working towards something.

These feel-good things you read only last a bit. After making little-by-little progress for long enough, it's just like one these magic bullet feel good posts, but it's permanent -- of course you have your bad days, but you know, you always go back to knowing what you have to do.

You'll never read the thing that changes it all (unless your talking about TFL), but all these little things you read eventually add up as well.

I was so stressed out I wasn't achieving results fast enough, then forgetting about my goals, but none of that mattered.

It really is as long as you are making progress!! And as so many people here say failed ideas are amazing, you learn so much from them.

I'm really happy so many of you find this helpful because this is just the kind of stuff I wanted to hear years ago. You might not be able to change now, but just keep it up.. you'll get there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.