The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A Hustler's Guide To Buying And Selling Anything (Part 2)

mastasef

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 27, 2010
What would you call worthwhile?

And while a "hot" market can be low margin / competitive, you can take comfort in knowing that demand/need is on your side.

You can PM me if desired, I'm an iPhone guy and live in Europe.
Hello Michael where do you live in Europe? How do you deal in the iphone business? I've just started flipping iPhones did two deals in 2 weeks and made 100€ but i find it hard to Come accross good deals as most people are over valuating their phones ... Especially the most recent ones ... Also alot of competition as i think a bunch of people do that. Nevertheless i believe it can be a good business and can even scale like you did yours ( looking into repair services etc ) would be happy to have your insight on this

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
"if it sounds too good to be true, it often is."

Yesterday, I bought an item from a women for a killer deal. The profit margins were hefty, $200.

However, later that night just when I thought everything was going well, I get a phone call from the women.

She hands over the phone to her husband and he proceeded to throw a flurry of expletives and threatens me.

He spoke angrily and rapidly wanting back his item. Seems as if the wife sold his goods without him knowing. I don't want any part of this. I will return the item.

Just a reminder, stay safe out there when hustling guys and gals. When dealing with ghetto people who don't have their emotional needs meant, they may retaliate in ways you could not even imagine.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
After they agree I connect them with the employer.
If I understand this....you ask for a 'royalty' fee from the employee or contracted person ?
Why not from the employer ?
In MI, the employer is charged an hourly rate and if the contracted employee works out they can 'buy out' that person for a determined dollar amount.

D

DeletedUser394

If I understand this....you ask for a 'royalty' fee from the employee or contracted person ?
Why not from the employer ?
In MI, the employer is charged an hourly rate and if the contracted employee works out they can 'buy out' that person for a determined dollar amount.

Yes to the first part. This is a totally informal approach. It's all cash, paid by employer and employee. I report the income, I doubt the employees do though.

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
I couldn't sleep last night (only managed from 6am-8:30am lol) so I spent the night contacting every cleaner offering his/her services. I then matched them to job postings.

I've mentioned this in other threads, but this is an opportunity as nobody actually reads any of the ads. The people that post resumes don't bother to look at the jobs. I guess they think the employers will. And the employers that post jobs don't look at the resumes.

So I've been actively matching them and offering them the connection if they agree to pay me a 'royalty' or finders fee. If they say no, I offer it to the next person until someone says yes.

What's to keep them from going back on their word? Nothing. But a lot of this hustling stuff is based on trust.. or at least some faith in human decency anyway.

It's still early, but I can say that I can realistically expect about $660/month from these connections. (That's the $160/month from the first contract, plus 3 more that I've since added on). They don't all equal $160/month obviously.

I think this is going to be my angle. I'm hesitant to restart buying and selling, because at the end of the day it was exciting.. but also a major pain in the a$$.

I'm pretty grumpy and irritated so hopefully tonight will be smoother haha.

So you're basically starting a recruitment agency?
I could probably help you out with some ideas here, feel free to PM

If you can get them to work on a contract basis you can make a predictable recurring revenue from their services.
And when a cleaning job comes to an end you move them elsewhere and make money off them from the next employer...

You're selling people hustler!!!

Recruitment is a huuuuge industry, very time and human resource intensive but there is a lot of money to be made....

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Iam currently in college I dont have a job right now but I buy and sell things to start saving some cash for when Im out of college. I currently have around $22,000 saved up in the account for when I finally have time to sit down and find the best way to invest it! I found that buying and selling luxury watches was where I made the easiest amount of money. I made $2700 in june from one watch alone which I thought was very good return.

D

DeletedUser394

Iam currently in college I dont have a job right now but I buy and sell things to start saving some cash for when Im out of college. I currently have around $22,000 saved up in the account for when I finally have time to sit down and find the best way to invest it! I found that buying and selling luxury watches was where I made the easiest amount of money. I made $2700 in june from one watch alone which I thought was very good return.

Unrelated to anything.... but do you really live in Dubai? If so, that's awesome

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Yeah you should visit. Its actually a great place when you know where to go... There are alot of storys that put people off but its very laid back to westerners. Parents used to own a house in florida, never been to canada though id love too, beautiful scenery !

D

DeletedUser394

Update time.

Had a sweet day today, up 2.5% on the TSX, which I believe is the highest jump in the past 3 years. Clawed back a decent amount of my losses.

Contributed a total of $6,750 out of $26,000 (~26%)

Easy math. $19,250 to go.

Broke the $20k remaining barrier which is psychologically nice, but mathematically meaningless lol.

With my current hustles in place I can realistically expect to bring in a minimum of $500/month. So $19,250 - $6,000 = I have to figure out where the $13,250 is going to come from.

Let's go!

Untitled.png

I've been spending WAY too much time watching movies and browsing youtube.. Once I finish the Wall Street Warriors Season 2 (hopefully tonight) I gotta block the damn site.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
"if it sounds too good to be true, it often is."

Yesterday, I bought an item from a women for a killer deal. The profit margins were hefty, $200.

However, later that night just when I thought everything was going well, I get a phone call from the women.

She hands over the phone to her husband and he proceeded to throw a flurry of expletives and threatens me.

He spoke angrily and rapidly wanting back his item. Seems as if the wife sold his goods without him knowing. I don't want any part of this. I will return the item.

Just a reminder, stay safe out there when hustling guys and gals. When dealing with ghetto people who don't have their emotional needs meant, they may retaliate in ways you could not even imagine.

https://www.google.com/voice
You're a better man than I am. I'd be much more unforgiving.

It's understandable if his wife sold his things and he wants them back. But curse and threaten someone before they've even had a chance to say "You can have it back".... yeah, that's when you give him the phone-iteration of the middle finger. Click.

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
Going to start hustling from now on too. What's your niche you trade in?

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Started to lowball some iPhone and macbook sellers. Can't wait to get some feedback! My goal is to make 1000Euro in 2 months.

Go and buy some rolex watches... know what you can get for one in the local watch dealer shop and then go onto your local classifieds and haggle for one as much as possible. Rolex watches increase in prices every year so you can actually buy a new rolex and in 8 years time sell it more for what you paid! They are ideal investments if your looking for a nice watch.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
I looked up local classifieds and found a rolex for 4600€ I could sell for 5900€ but I have a few questions:
1. How much capital is needed for such a deal? I just started flipping and I have 4000€ would be stupid to spend all that on 1 watch right (of cause for resell not to wear :D )
2. How do you make sure they are not fake? I heared you can even fake these certifications.. not sure about it. Really worried about buying a fake watch for half of my capital and wont be able to resell it.
3. Only rolex or other brands too?

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
I think buying high class watches is a huge risk, because todays fakes are brillant!

True I have been fascinated with rolex since I was 12 I think you have to just know how to spot a fake. I have seen some very good fakes out there but there are a ton of things I go over to check that its genuine! A Rolex is safer in my eyes then phones and laptops as rolex will increase in value where phones will fall when a new ones come out... If I showed you how much a rolex submariner was selling 10 years ago and how much more they are selling now you wouldn't believe me!

When determining whether the rolex is real are not depends on what watch you are looking at. For example a rolex submariner with a date magnifier magnifys a number at 2.5% where fakes are usually 1.5%. Also rolex should contain a coronet or a crown if you will laser etched in the glass at the bottom. This should not be easily visible but needs light to be shone on the glass at a 45 degree angle to be viewed. Some very good fakes have these but they are too large! Also rolex started printing the serial codes for each watch in the rehaut around the face of the watch around 2004. This serial should match with the card it should come with. I personally dont buy watches without the cards as they are hard to sell and easier to fake.
Also I usually ONLY buy steel watches as these retain there value best and are the best sellers !

As for other brands... patek phillipe and panerai are also good watches for resale but patek is quite alot more expensive then rolex they are in a complete different league.

Which model Rolex are you looking to buy?

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
What is the minimum amount of money you want to win, when flipping an item. Is it worth to make 10€ with a Deal?

xkir0x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Dec 18, 2012
Bought my first item a S4 in white in really good condition for 140€ and the seller brings the item to me. I think i can flip it for 180-200€.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Thanks alot, Sean Corroon for your help on the watch thing.

I looked for a submariner and it could make me atleast 1500€ of an 4500€ investment, but the problem is I only have around 4000€ right now. Even if I could lowball him on 4000€ it isnt good to have all my money invested in 1 watch right? Imagine if I need 1 month to sell it...

How much capital is necassary if you want to buy and sell a rolex for example?

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE

I looked for a submariner and it could make me atleast 1500€ of an 4500€ investment, but the problem is I only have around 4000€ right now. Even if I could lowball him on 4000€ it isnt good to have all my money invested in 1 watch right? Imagine if I need 1 month to sell it...

Which model and year rolex are you looking at for 4500 euro ? Do you live alone or do you have parents that support you ? What I do is a buy cheap watches in Dubai as market prices are very low as there are many in the market and I bring them to Ireland where I study and sell them usually for 800-1000 euro profit each. I got lucky with one and made 2000 euro profit on it. If you live at home and dont need the money for anything I would say go and ask watch dealers what they would give you if you described the watch to them. The worst is you got a watch at a good price and the price is only going to go up! But I dont think you should have a problem.

I worked for a month 7am-6pm job in a warehouse and put that money and money I had from my birthday towards the watch I made 2000 euro on and I ended up doubling the money I made that whole month in the warehouse in 1 hour on a single watch. I say go for it and put all your money into the watch and the profit you make on the watch invest in another watch.You will slowly build up capital to buy multiple watches or even other things to buy and sell. Like everything you need to know 100% you can make profit on it. Know the market prices etc and haggle hard.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Be continually talking to friends and family so they are ready when you need them to 'invest' with you on short notice to support a deal like above. This skill will help as your hustle, and eventually business, begin to scale.

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Be continually talking to friends and family so they are ready when you need them to 'invest' with you on short notice to support a deal like above. This skill will help as your hustle, and eventually business, begin to scale.

This is very true. My parents didnt think I would make money selling watches. My first big break was selling a panerai which I made around 1300 euro on and ever since then they have increasingly supported me as they see that its doing well. If I have all my money tied up in watches they dont hesitate to lend me some when I spot a good deal. I have actually never lost money on a watch as of yet.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
Hello, Thank you both for your answer:
Sean Corroon: here is the watch i Think about buying: http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeig...0-lv,-neu,-ovp,/270104714-156-3172?ref=search

You cant read it I guess, but see the price and the photos :D
Sells on ebay on reseller accounts for up to 6790€. Even if I dont lowball him would be around 2200€ profit.

The describiton says its 100% new. And in orininal pakagem but why would he sell it for
a) such a low price - may he needs money okay
b) never weared it.

I live with my parents, so I dont really need that money but ofc. I dont want to lose it :D
So still I am so worried about buying a fake.

When I turn 18 in 3 months I will have atleast 10.000€ to invest.
So I could buy a rolex then. Or if I do some more good Investements now ( I am around 3500-4000€) but 600€ I cant access till my birthday too, so around 3000€ now.

ZCP:
Thought about it, but somehow I cant ask parents for money. Atleast not for much money and friends neither. I am 17, so most friends got no money. They already life (poketmoney-paycheck to Poketmoney-paycheck)

Thanks

Leonard

Sean Corroon

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
May 4, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Hello, Thank you both for your answer:
Sean Corroon: here is the watch i Think about buying: http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeig...0-lv,-neu,-ovp,/270104714-156-3172?ref=search

You cant read it I guess, but see the price and the photos :D
Sells on ebay on reseller accounts for up to 6790€. Even if I dont lowball him would be around 2200€ profit.

The describiton says its 100% new. And in orininal pakagem but why would he sell it for
a) such a low price - may he needs money okay
b) never weared it.

I live with my parents, so I dont really need that money but ofc. I dont want to lose it :D
So still I am so worried about buying a fake.

When I turn 18 in 3 months I will have atleast 10.000€ to invest.
So I could buy a rolex then. Or if I do some more good Investements now ( I am around 3500-4000€) but 600€ I cant access till my birthday too, so around 3000€ now.

ZCP:
Thought about it, but somehow I cant ask parents for money. Atleast not for much money and friends neither. I am 17, so most friends got no money. They already life (poketmoney-paycheck to Poketmoney-paycheck)

Thanks

Leonard

Hi Leonard, that is truly an amazing price for a 116610LV new. Are you going to meet him face to face or are you going to get him to send it too you? if it sounds too good usually it is and I would never buy a Rolex without buying the seller first and meeting him.

RisingStars

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Sep 9, 2014
Germany
He Said shipping is possible but with 50% payment first.
I would never do that. If I would buy the watch I would meet him face to face and go to a jeweler and let them check out the watch fast.

He got 2 rolex online but so he might need money fast, but sadly I cant afford them at this point :(

Would be a perfect deal. 2000€ on 1 deal wow :D

Next time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!