The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feel like giving up. Serious.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Only difference is that I workout at home so i have no idea at the moment how im going to make it entertaining

Seems like a great excuse in the head but in reality is just a barrier. This is your chance to be creative, If your content is good you could be inside a jail cell and I would still watch (obviously not my suggestion though ha!). I'm sure if you said to a local gym I have X amount of viewers and will give your gym promotion in the videos they would say yes? The possibility are endless.

...but it gives kind of a tacky vibe
I agree, you need to look pro.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Very nice website, easy to navigate....BUT ...
1- Here you said you provide ONLINE coaching, there is not such a product on your website ( via Skype ? ) .
2- You should definitely add pics/videos of other people, as a potential client, i like to see what you have done before with other people, not yourself ( making sure you put the same dedication with others as well )
3- Stop with the sexy selfies for god's sake ...you are cute ...but it gives kind of a tacky vibe.
I'll do some editing to my site now, and add some non selfie pics haha

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Seems like a great excuse in the head but in reality is just a barrier. This is your chance to be creative, If your content is good you could be inside a jail cell and I would still watch (obviously not my suggestion though ha!). I'm sure if you said to a local gym I have X amount of viewers and will give your gym promotion in the videos they would say yes? The possibility are endless.

I agree, you need to look pro.
I would actually watch someone in a jail cell haha. There a few planet fitness and virgin actives that would be interested imo

ThePsychologist

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 15, 2014
Hey borntodominate!

Consumer behaviour is key, the psychology behind it, understanding how people think and why they choose product A over product B, in your case, why they choose to take online coaching from Matt Ogus (Flexforall2), Devon Palombo (Beast Aeasthetics), Josef Rakich, Marc Fitt, George Leeman (Musclemassochist) etc. over you. Instead of reading about marketing, read about successful people in your niche and watch their youtube channels. What makes them special? Why are people looking up to them? In short, you have to have something that everybody wants to have. You have to be a role model, you need to work on your image and become popular. In the online fitness niche, you simply cannot succeed without a good youtube channel. You are the product.

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK
I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.... Unless you have a lot of passion about this, you're not going to survive. You're going to give it up. So you've got to have an idea, or a problem or a wrong that you want to right that you're passionate about; otherwise, you're not going to have the perseverance to stick it through.”

― Steve Jobs

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hey borntodominate!

Consumer behaviour is key, the psychology behind it, understanding how people think and why they choose product A over product B, in your case, why they choose to take online coaching from Matt Ogus (Flexforall2), Devon Palombo (Beast Aeasthetics), Josef Rakich, Marc Fitt, George Leeman (Musclemassochist) etc. over you. Instead of reading about marketing, read about successful people in your niche and watch their youtube channels. What makes them special? Why are people looking up to them? In short, you have to have something that everybody wants to have. You have to be a role model, you need to work on your image and become popular. In the online fitness niche, you simply cannot succeed without a good youtube channel. You are the product.

Fully agree, work on your personnality, your confidence, help as many people as you can, it will give you confidence and it will show.....it's a wonderful sales tool.

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Just looking at your site. Not sure if other people agree but I think the blog page as the first page you see? Maybe ask a few more people. When you see your articles and head lines they attract me more than the home page does, due to more compelling copy.

On the home page.. You should put the title in the center and make the call to action bigger? Also I read on a copy website a few years ago that you should never ask a question that you can say yes or no to immediately when you land on a site e.g ARE YOU GETTING OPTIMAL RESULTS? I could easily confirm either way and just because I say no doesn't mean I'll necessarily click for more? I'm not the best person ask but an example would be "See how simple changes in your training routing could increase muscle mass by 300%".. I don't know your niche well enough but you'll get the jist.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Just looking at your site. Not sure if other people agree but I think the blog page as the first page you see? Maybe ask a few more people. When you see your articles and head lines they attract me more than the home page does, due to more compelling copy.

On the home page.. You should put the title in the center and make the call to action bigger? Also I read on a copy website a few years ago that you should never ask a question that you can say yes or no to immediately when you land on a site e.g ARE YOU GETTING OPTIMAL RESULTS? I could easily confirm either way and just because I say no doesn't mean I'll necessarily click for more? I'm not the best person ask but an example would be "See how simple changes in your training routing could increase muscle mass by 300%".. I don't know your niche well enough but you'll get the jist.
Been viewing other successful blogs and most of them have an email signup CTA on the first page and blog seperate

contract

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 29, 2013
A few months of work won't get you massive traffic.

That shipped sailed a long time ago... Things are different these days.

Unless of course, you have viral content/products and/or a huge advertising budget.

It can take years.

There is PLENTY of traffic out there, but you're going to have to market yourself for it.

Traffic leak everywhere.

It's hard work, and the peanut pay starting out can drive you crazy...

But the long term rewards are worth it.

You need to ask yourself if you're okay dedicating years to this, or if you want to stop now.

I noticed you have 1 YT video.

You have to put value in, to get value out.

Show people who YOU are.

Talk to them, help them. Write guides, make videos, offer education/knowledge/insight/advice.

Jinxus

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jul 23, 2013
NYC
I don't remember when it was but I looked at your site in your progress thread a few months back.

It didn't look too good back then.
Looks 1000x better now.

You're improving. Keep at it mirin gains bro. Improvement is everything.

GratefulScorpio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 12, 2014
I don't remember when it was but I looked at your site in your progress thread a few months back.

It didn't look too good back then.
Looks 1000x better now.

You're improving. Keep at it mirin gains bro. Improvement is everything.

Always look back and look how far you made it!

How can you quit?
You made it too far!

I checked your site again, looking better. I think You should work on your copy writing and post more often!

Make more youtube video's ( don't over think this one, because this can be your gold mine)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Once upon a time, I used to give up all the time and quit on everything because it was to hard or others objected. Today, I don't even think about giving up or quitting. I just accept it is what it is today. I look for the solutions and like others already said, make adjustments. You can quit and give up on life, but really, you'll just start something new, and it will become hard, and you may quit again. Once you figure out that quitting and giving up can become habit, you don't allow yourself to quit and give up until the games over.

vedo

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 17, 2014
If you see that there are no revenues in sight, just quit. Better than losing more energy on it. What is your usp btw. ?

TylerBiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 16, 2014
Poland
Don't give up Man! try everything you can to lure the audience. Make few things that people mention few posts above. I'm not much of an expert but as a consumer I think You need some testimonials. Maybe you should find 2 or 3 people, work with them for free and make videos how they change after your coaching (day after day videos). Do something like that for free. Then post that videos on youtube with links to your page and some freebie like "first 3 online sessions for free!" or something like that. Don't quit now, try with this testimonials thing and show that Your coaching is effective. People see your picture and thinks "yeah, his ripped but maybe he used steroids or something" but when you'll show some skinny guy that gain a lot from your coaching they will believe that Your coaching is worth their money. I hope that will help you somehow.
By the way, did you make the website on your own?

don't give up!

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I ended up buying simplegrowthhacking.com so while the fitness slowly grows il be working on this project too. I have all the time in the world since I don't go to college

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I ended up buying simplegrowthhacking.com so while the fitness slowly grows il be working on this project too. I have all the time in the world since I don't go to college
Cool. Whats your experience in "growth hacking"? How many successful projects do you have under your belt?

Last edited:

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Cool. Whats your experience in "growth hacking"? How many successful projects do you have under your belt?
None. But that being said I'm learning at the moment and I have a few people that can teach me. This is more of a long term idea than making money right now.

also jumping into it I believe I will learn faster than just studying

Last edited:

FastlaneTiger

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 27, 2014
Not the USA
The background picture is from Fedor Shmidt's blog. Do you have permission to use it?

Cami

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 4, 2014
US
This is why I made the thread, needed some posts like this to kick me in the a$$.

I have an IG acc. Think I went about it the wrong way, since you cant post links I thought it's useless.

If my YT account is growing fast I'm pretty much forced to go in that direction
Whats your IG name? Growing your IG account is about great pics, great content, hashtags and timing of posts.

Cami

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 4, 2014
US
@builttodominate its my personal IG acc
Followed you. Our professional account is at 35k followers and my personal is 7k, we have never paid for followers. IMO the caption of the post has just as much to do with likes and getting new followers as the actual picture. Offer great info and ask a question that engages your audience. The fitness industry is overflowing with people that talk only about themselves, very few offer great content and engage their audience and thats key to gaining followers. People love to talk about themselves, so ask a question and engage with them.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Completely gone the advertising route. Prefer motivational content over training people, don't have the same love for fitness as I did before.

Also its much more scalable since I will probably end up selling my fitness site

as for my other site, im learning alot and will prob launch within the next couple of months

Last edited:

El Guapo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 18, 2014
Regarding the taking on of free clients to build up some testimonials I don't think its a great idea as when people are not invested in the program they would not have the commitment to bring about the impressive changes that would get repeat business. I recommend charging a significantly reduced price to first attract committed clients.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.