The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi! Hello! and Welcome! Before vs After reading The Millionaire Fastlane

Share your FTE moment...

TylerBiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 16, 2014
Poland
Hi! Hello! and Welcome!

I’m reading fastlane forum for few weeks and I’m very excited about how much of good content can be found here. In addition to this I see a lot of people with proper business mindset, mindset that I want to learn and for that purpose I decided to sign up and learn from You almighty people:). I'm badly need new environment. Environment of fastlane'rs and people trying to achieve the same goals as me, so I'm here for seeking knowledge, inspiration, learning and taking action. Everyone have some doubts and I believe that with right people You can overcome most of problems, doubts and uncertainity so I think we can help each other:). Nice to meet You all!

Ok, so now I'll tell you my little story.

Before reading The Millionaire Fastlane , How was it?

Before I read Millionaire Fastlane I was commited to my dream about being a professional musician selling tons of cds and playing gigs that support me financially and give an opportunity to live and work like I desire. That love has started when I was in high school and I done it for almost 7-8 years (with gap years for college and working abroad). I was on the path “do what you love to do, go with your passion”. How a terrible idea ;-/ especially when it comes to an art. Most of my released material was self released. I put in it a lot of time, effort and money and achieve… satisfaction and a little amount of money for few better meals I think. WTF?

Now I think its because I was truly blinded by “go with your passion” and don’t bother about market. I realize that after I've read MJ book. Honestly my music was a little strange and noisy, something that obvious not be a popular thing but in deep of my heart I think “someday, someday my dream come true and I’ll be well earning musician because I am committed and put a lot of effort into it” Wrong!

People don’t need my weird metaphorical bullshit and I see it clearly now. I wonder “what about making music that people will care?” if I want to be success musician I must do something that market needs. Oh goddammit, no way! Do such thing will be nothing more than mental/artistic prostitution, nothing better than my shitty 8-4 job (I’m living in Europe). Why? Because my purpose to making music was always freedom, freedom of doing what I want to do and how I want to do. Some of my few listeners feeling that but most of people don’t, so I decided not giving a shit about being well earning musician, not by price of my artistic freedom. You may say “If you were good, people would buy your shit and come to your gigs”. Honestly I’m think if we talk about art market (music, movies, paintings, books etc) it is a lottery, especially for people who don’t take the easiest path of their art and they try to push the boundaries.

After reading The Milionaire Fastlane, What's next?

I've decided that the best in my case will be a fastlane business consistent with CENTS commandments because what I want the most is freedom and as we know money gives freedom. When I build a good profitable venture I can always do music how and when I like. Doing it just for fun, and don't bother if anyone buy my music or not. So now I'm in the place when I've got few ideas about business models and hunger of knowledge how to materialise few or all of them. I've decided to start learning to code. So far I've learned a basics of html, css and started learning some basics of javascript. I know the path is long and this is just the beginning because learn how to code is one thing and making a good profitable online business is other. Sometimes I wonder “Learning to code or find someone who will do some websites for me?” I ask that question to myself because sometimes I have some doubts and see how long it can takes. That doubts has started haunting my head when I've read a Healthstatus thread titled “Learning to Program is STUPID! (or SMART?!)”.

My decision for now is to learning to code because I'm carefully watch where I invest my money. I'm afraid that I could pick wrong coder (because i don't have knowledge how to pick good one) or business idea can be bad (I'm learning now how to do proper market research). With knowledge how to code I can make some prototypes on my own and when I see that my prototype website will resonate with market I'll look for some help and invest in pro coders.That approach is better in my opinion because I won't spend any money on experimenting with prototypes. I'll invest my time only.

What do You think about that?

If You endured till here I'm really appreciate it and thank you very much for the time you were spend to read it. I hope we help each other sooner or later.

I wish more success for all of you:)

ps.
I hope you understand most of my post. I'm still learning english, sorry for inconvenience.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Hey @TylerBiz - welcome :)

Now I think its because I was truly blinded by “go with your passion” and don’t bother about market.

This is the biggest step you accomplished so far. This shift in your mindset opened a whole new world for you. Congratulations for making that step - a while ago, I was in a similar situation :)

When I build a good profitable venture I can always do music how and when I like. Doing it just for fun, and don't bother if anyone buy my music or not.

Read this - https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...nd-it’s-not-what-you-think.56464/#post-415252

My decision for now is to learning to code because I'm carefully watch where I invest my money.

Knowing the basics of code (or even having proficiency) is never a bad thing! Just make sure you don't get too lost and still test your ideas as quickly as possible and fail as fast as you can.

Happy learning - BUT, don't forget to take action!

TylerBiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 16, 2014
Poland
Thanks Nicoknowsbest!

Just make sure you don't get too lost and still test your ideas as quickly as possible and fail as fast as you can.
Happy learning - BUT, don't forget to take action!

yup! taking action is the most important. Thanks for support and link to "My Firsthand Example of WHY You Should NEVER Do What You Love; and It’s Not What You Think." After reading that thread I'm even more certain about leaving my music path. Honestly at the end of my music adventure I started to hate making music or even listening to it. My new path is better choice, no doubt.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Welcome to the forum bro.

Personally, I think pursuing music can be very Fastlane. You just have to be successful at it, put out music that people actually want to listen to, and treat your music ventures as a business. There are many musicians who do that (Jay-Z, Nickleback, Gene Simmons etc. etc.)

It's great that you're learning how to make websites. But remember, learning to code and have your own website is not a guaranteed path to wealth--even though I personally think it's one of the best ones. Statistically, the vast majority of web-based start-ups fail, like thousands of fails to one success. HOWEVER, don't let this deter you, because one great idea executed very well makes all the failures irrelevant.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TylerBiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 16, 2014
Poland
Nice to see you here Ninjakid!

Personally, I think pursuing music can be very Fastlane. You just have to be successful at it, put out music that people actually want to listen to, and treat your music ventures as a business. There are many musicians who do that (Jay-Z, Nickleback, Gene Simmons etc. etc.)

Yes that's correct and as I say before putting out music that people actually want to listen is mental/artistic prostitution for me because I don't want to make music that mainstream like. For me music is freedom, morover I used to making some weird shit that is fun for me because I'm doing things that I hate in my job so I can't do the same in music industry. Making music that I don't like just for money kill the passion for art in my opinion. Artists that you have mention above put a lot of work in theirs careers thats no doubt about it but they have luck too because vibe that they like clicked somehow with the huge audience. I know personally an artist who make weirder shit than I am but he has audience, he sell cds and play gigs. My vibe didn't click somehow with the wider audience so I don't do any music for now. In business you must do what the market want and thats fine for me because its business. In music I want freedom to do what I want to do. Honestly, sooner or later I'll come back to music but for now I don't bother, I fell like music was my love and cheating me for the whole time. My love has turn to hate.

learning to code and have your own website is not a guaranteed path to wealth--even though I personally think it's one of the best ones. Statistically, the vast majority of web-based start-ups fail, like thousands of fails to one success.

You're right, is not guaranteed path but I think in business you can't have any guaranteed path. If you don't violate CENTS commandents you have big chance to succeed but still you don't have guarantee. I think entrepreneur is always accompanied by somekind of uncertainity and excitement.

I know poor statistics of web-based start-ups but hey! We must try! I think I have more chance in solving others problems than doing music what I like and praying that someone, someday buy my "follow your passion". I think I chose good path, just like You said "it's one of the best ones".

thanks for feedback:-D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.