The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Supplement Industry Manufactering Question

KWADS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 19, 2014
Me and a buddy of mine have 3-5 SKUs of supplement in the Nootropic type of industry.

Right now my partner and I are developing our formulas and building the website. The next step would be to get a contact with a manufacturer/supplier to start making these and getting them shipped? Then we would focus on the website, kill it with marketing, blog posts, instagram, podcasts etc. While doing the shipping/labeling in my warehouse(garage) After looking through suppliers around it is pretty overwhelming with all the choices.

Do you have any advice on what to look for in a supplier/manufacturer? This seems to be the most confusing part of the process right now as this is when most of the $$ will be going out the door and I don't want to screw this part up

Thanks for reading

-Jeff

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Traveling Morgue

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 3, 2014
Indiana
I have the exact same question, actually. I feel like this is a developing industry and there are many niches/angles you could take.

I've dug up some dirt on the (somewhat ambiguous) FDA regulations:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-am-looking-to-start-a-research-chemical-company--1242135.html

http://www.justanswer.com/business-law/85gt6-sell-nootropics-smart-drugs.html

But I'm not sure how this applies to me. There's a ton of information and research to do here. I'm fine with doing it myself but a little bit of insight into the barriers of entry into this market would be greatly appreciated.

KWADS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 19, 2014
Well I know supplements aren't FDA regulated....So I think my plan would be too take popular forumulas and modify them a bit.

This business isn't built on a winning forumula, the forumla doesn't mean shit. If the person that takes the pill believes it will work, then it will.

im really not overly concerned with some magic forumula...as the long as the pill has some caffeine so the person gets a lift

Traveling Morgue

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 3, 2014
Indiana
Well I know supplements aren't FDA regulated....So I think my plan would be too take popular forumulas and modify them a bit.

This business isn't built on a winning forumula, the forumla doesn't mean shit. If the person that takes the pill believes it will work, then it will.

im really not overly concerned with some magic forumula...as the long as the pill has some caffeine so the person gets a lift

From my understanding nootropics (when marketed as such) are considered drugs and not supplements. That induces a whole host of FDA regulations. I'm not positive though.

I think in this industry paying attention to your formula is key for long term success. Many nootropics enthusiasts (myself included) know the difference between caffeine and a well-engineered formula. I'll definitely be doing a lot of market research first.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Sounds like a long-term successful company with satisfied customers in the making. :rolleyes:

btw, everything you need is in here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...read-resources-tips-tricks-information.48088/

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.