The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For 8 years I have helped ZARA, H&M, The US Government, and More... Import from China

Ask me anything!

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
Did you ever post on bodybuilding.com? I've seen that website a while back in a thread on the forums.

caezlar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Apr 11, 2014
HK,China
I want to have a plastic product manufactured and packaged. I would prefer China as it's cheaper but I'm scared about piracy, any advice about preventing this? Any advice about the entire process?
find a factory which haven't done any export business, don't touch any manufacturer from Alibaba.

caezlar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Apr 11, 2014
HK,China
I want to have a plastic product manufactured and packaged. I would prefer China as it's cheaper but I'm scared about piracy, any advice about preventing this? Any advice about the entire process?
find a factory which haven't done any export business, don't touch any manufacturer from Alibaba.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

caezlar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Apr 11, 2014
HK,China
This is awesome. Could you go a little bit more into how much would services like that cost? (sourcing, product development, logistics)
Thanks
I think for sourcing services pay 1-3% of the order value is current price, several my friends do this.
yes,prototyping fee depends on the product, size/material/....
logistics charges depends on the 4 w's when, where, what, weight

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK
They make most of their products in-house. Asian connections are of little value. From their Wikipedia:

50% of the products Zara sells are manufactured in Spain, 26% in the rest of Europe, and 24% in Asian and African countries and the rest of the world.[9] So while some competitors outsource all production to Asia, Zara makes its most fashionable items—half of all its merchandise—at a dozen company-owned factories in Spain and Portugal, particularly in Galicia and northern Portugal where labour is somewhat cheaper than in most of Western Europe. Clothes with a longer shelf life, such as basic T-shirts, are outsourced to low-cost suppliers, mainly in Asia and Turkey.[10]

Agreed. Just go in store and look at the label on the items... "Made in China" is a much lower proportion than you think.

In UK, my impression is a few high street retailers either have items from Sri Lanka/Bangladesh and... Mauritius. I think it might be a combination of proximity and cost.

caezlar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Apr 11, 2014
HK,China
Why ? ... Because of piracy ?
Yes, to avoid piracy.
if you find a manufacturer from Alibaba, they will show your products' photos on internet, you can't stop piracy in China.
normally a company has no export business,they has no English website,even no website,that can avoid your products be explored.

caezlar

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Apr 11, 2014
HK,China
@caezlar have you done this yourself before? In terms of importing...
yes,I have, a product called retainer retrievers tool, help people remove clear invisible braces cleanly and efficiently, it is very simple and sell well in US but you can't find piracy.
of course depends on clients' requirements, currently I'm sourcing a "Wind generators for home and commercial use" for a Bulgaria client. lots of trading companies (include them in Alibaba)disguise themselves as manufacturer to cheat foreign importer, I can distinguish them,but you can't.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.