The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rick2010

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Dec 2, 2014
Florida
Have read the book several times. I am constantly referring to it when questioning an opinion or idea. I like to run through it every few weeks, and look at each of the chapter summaries. (it is starting to look weathered)

Thanks for seeing it through, it has been the most influential book in my life so far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Most powerful book I've read in my entire life, read it for the first time about two years ago and haven't been the same since. Like others, I didn't even know this thread was out in the forum, but glad I found it. Thank you for creating such a gold mine for entrepreneurs MJ. The book, the website, the community, the entire empire you have built is PRICELESS.

With out it, I'm afraid my journey to success would of been a 30-40 year process, now I'm confident it will be less than 10.

najz

THINK BIG
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Feb 26, 2014
Here : https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/diary-of-young-entrepreneur-from-poland.56856/ i explain why i read this book twice. First it open my eyes and i change my whole life, work and goals. It was a great adventure and i still like to open sometimes my kindle and look at this pice of art. Second time i realize that i really want to get on a speedway pass so i read it again, make more notes and understand where i want to go and where i want to be and where im now. For me it's really important to read and make change, not only to dream. MJ i saw all You YT videos, done a lot of researches and i can say one thing, THANK YOU. You inspired me to be better person.

Last edited by a moderator:

TripWest

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 8, 2014
I started and finished the book last week. I loved the writing style and the message. I've now completed taking notes on big takeaways for me and have started generating 10 ideas a day. None of the ideas are any good so far, but hopefully my need finding/creativity muscles will continue to grow.

Spyke

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 14, 2014
California
Just finished it, was an awesome read

I think I'll order a physical copy and loan it out to friends, with a deadline to read of course

Trill2b

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 15, 2014
Rivers State, Nigeria.
I've read the book.

I read business books quite frequently (about 1 book every 2 weeks) and I must say that this is absolutely the most enlightening business book I read this year...

I see things very differently now...

Thanks M.J.

jmac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Aug 6, 2014
East Coast
Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

@MJ DeMarco - Thank you. I have the read the book for the 2nd time now and am committed to the process. I have admittedly started and failed with many businesses and learned from my mistakes. I am an autodidact of ecommerce and online marketing and have been doing it working for companies for over 14 years. I have a family, mortgage, 1 car lease and have many slow lane aspects of my life, yet I do own a profitable ecommerce business and am building my asset value and net profit every month towards the fast lane.

In the words of Jay-Z, "I hated Algebra, but I love to multiply." I used to hate math, but now it's on my side and I love it.

Thank you for the equation below, I review it everyday and think, how can I improve my accounting, profitability, and documentation to package this business up for a 3-4 multiplier of net profit, then let's do it again!

"Wealth = Net Profit + Asset Value

Underneath this equation lies the true power of the Fastlane and how to build wealth fast. Its variables are controllable and unlimited. If you can control the variables inherent to your wealth equation, you can get wealthy. Those variables are: Net Profit = (Units Sold) X (Unit Profit) ~ and ~ Asset Value = (Net Profit) X (Industry Multiplier)"

-DeMarco, MJ (2011-01-04). The Millionaire Fastlane : Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime (pp. 120-121). Viperion Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Thank you again @MJ DeMarco

TheLJBFspeech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Dec 13, 2014
Just read TMF . Awesome book! I am going to go through it again and make notes for my current financial level. MJ your book is top tier and will be a go to resource for me for a long time. Thank you!

B_Middleton

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Dec 22, 2014
Tampa, FL
I've been in the info-marketing/publishing/internet marketing business for 7 years and this book is 100% the truth! It's time to start holding some of these gurus to a higher standard so more people can get real results. Great book MJ! Keep doing what you do!

Ejohn10286

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Dec 11, 2014
Just finished the book last week. It was recommended via a Podcast I listened to about real estate - I'm a real estate investor. The guest on the Podcast said it was his vote for the best business he'd read. I certainly agree that the writing style is very effective. Definitely has given me a different perspective as it relates to getting rich slowly and what the get-rich slowly gurus espouse versus what they actually implement to obtain wealth. Great book man! I have recommended it to my cohorts.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
I finally managed to finish reading The Millionaire Fastlane . I'm a fast reader, but I took my time to let all the information sink in because I knew this book was going to be different from all the other entrepreneur books I have read. Chapters 23-26 resonated with me the most because they had a heavy focus on choices and mindset. Then when I read about the Law of Effection everything started coming together and I couldn't put the book down! Excellent job, MJ!
I plan on taking everything I've learned from the book, and this forum, and applying it to my life on a daily basis.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Just finished this book. It has motivated me to put down everything that has been a distraction and begin to take action. My goal for 2015 is to start a legitimate business even if I have to start with baby steps.

Rethagos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 25, 2014
Poland
Read just a half of it, but I can say:
I can now drop any occult and alchemy. The Philosopher's Stone has been found. The key of turning anything into wealth.
I feel obliged to spread a word of it. Many thanks.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
No idea how I never stumbled upon this thread in the 2 years since joining...

I found this forum by reading the book.

:D

Bosley71

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 29, 2014
I have just finished the book in the italian version. It is amazing. Thank you MJ. It's a first step for a long way ! Let's enjoy the journey.

WeMoE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Oct 21, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Just read the book. I've been making six-figures on my job and was burnt out and not full-filled. I was getting rich slowly and loosing hope when I knew I could produce more. I started scrolling websites and looking for some ideas and inspiration to escape the rat race. Stumbled upon TFF and read the book. It has given me a breath of fresh air. Thanks for this platform MJ and all the contributors!

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Read the book two months ago after it was recommended to me by a family member. Beginning to read it again to incorporate it's teachings into my new venture!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.