The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just turned 16, lurking from Pennsylvania.

DevIncredible

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Nov 25, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
- I am currently a sophomore in high school. I get average grades.

- I love coding. I picked up some basic C++, java, ruby, and visual basic in programming and web design classes at school. Although, I seem to be more of an artsy kinda guy.

- I like to write, a lot.

- Before I found the business scene I sold my crap on ebay. I scraped together money from helping relatives, working on farms, mowing lawns, all that stuff. It eventually led to me buying, selling and exchanging airsoft guns. Sometimes trading rifles for $500 or more. Simply because I wanted to "look the most cool" and have the best gear when we went to the airsoft arena down town with my friends. Anyone that has been even remotely in the airsoft scene knows deep down that thats what it was really about. It was a lot of fun, for a few years. My house got pretty busy, sometimes sending four or more packages out a day. (My dad gets a godly discount on shipping from where he works.) Ebay takes bearly any effort, but at that time I thought it was pretty fun and interesting.

- I quit playing simply because I hated all the douche-baggery that was involved with it. Sold everything once again, and never went back.

- I looked into starting a few different startups before, but never got to actually creating a website, and actually selling something. Immediately after those few times completely I lost motivation, and quit for a few weeks. I've learned crucial things about myself that I wouldn't have known without that experience.

- I am now looking for clever ideas for a first real online business I can start, build off of, make mistakes, gain experience, and learn more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

sklawllc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 24, 2014
I actually grew up in Erie. Do you have any working examples of your coding skills?

DevIncredible

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Nov 25, 2014
I actually grew up in Erie. Do you have any working examples of your coding skills?
I never really did any coding outside of school work until recently. Still, I think I have Visual Studios somewhere on my desktop. I'll see if I can whip something up for you.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
Welcome. Sounds like you have a little bit of experience with eBay, hustling, coding and writing. All these give you a good foundation to the Fastlane.

If you haven't already, may I suggest you read The millionaire Fastlane . It will help to put you in a good mindset to excel.

DevIncredible

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Nov 25, 2014
Welcome. Sounds like you have a little bit of experience with eBay, hustling, coding and writing. All these give you a good foundation to the Fastlane.

If you haven't already, may I suggest you read The millionaire Fastlane . It will help to put you in a good mindset to excel.
Thanks! Due to pure sidewalk level of poorness i'm at atm, I have been using other means of reading the book! (Please dont hurt me...) I will legitimately buy the book hopefully within the next few days.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
@DevIncredible it's like $5 on Amazon.

Give us a second and I'll buy you a copy...

I got a lot of respect for kids that are already hustling.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Thanks! Due to pure sidewalk level of poorness i'm at atm, I have been using other means of reading the book! (Please dont hurt me...) I will legitimately buy the book hopefully within the next few days.

I'll admit to torrenting the book at first too. The name sounded like another generic "get rich quick" book, and the original cover didn't help put my mind at ease either. At the time it had an orange Muricèlago on the cover. Just didn't seem real.

I've since purchased 3 copies legitimately. 2 for me, 1 for someone else. It's 110% worth the money.

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Just didn't seem real.

I know what you mean, when I first started reading TMF I only got a few chapters in, before deciding it was BS. It took me a couple of years to work through my own limiting beliefs before I was able to see what an incredible resource it is. Isn't it sad how much our erroneous beliefs can hold us back?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have been using other means of reading the book!

Shame Shame! If I had to guess, more than 1/2 the forum who has read the book hasn't paid for it. So you're not alone. ;) In the end, the torrents seem to be a "try before you buy" arrangement.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...