The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Crossing the raging river

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
....because i REALLY WANT those damn roses.

I'm on my 2nd wave of motivation/momentum (here's my introduction post )... long story short, finished reading TMF book on August last year, tried to consume every information about entrepreneur,starting a business,etc, but i was paralyzed by analysis, simply overwhelmed (or maybe that was an excuse), the truth is that i took NO ACTION. Subscribed to the annual Fastlane INSIDERS but despite the amazing quality/quantity of information i lost all the motivation and just dropped it. I'm almost finishing reading the book for the 2nd time and this time I WILL TAKE ACTION, so i'm starting this thread for accountability and to track my progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I WILL TAKE ACTION

Will it be focused action? Or just action? Going to the gym on Jan 3rd is taking action. Specifics please! ;)

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Well pointed out.

- I will write my WHY.
- I will start a "I did" list (instead of a "To do" list) where i will point out what i did in that day that would get me closer to start my business.
- I will start my money system*.
- I will create a Google Form and send it to all my contacts asking if they have any problem, inconvenience, frustration or something that they don’t like to do or are willing to pay for someone else to do it.

For now that's what i'll be focus on, as soon as i finished them i'll edit the post.

* funny is as i'm now thinking of it, and since i don't usually bring many changes with me (i most usually a ticket restaurant card) if there's a need for virtual change bucket. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I've said it before--don't consume alcohol and read TMFL posts...

what are you doing? What is your aim (end goal), and how are you getting there? Good luck.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Thanks randomnumber314 :tiphat:

Sorry but i didn't get this
I've said it before--don't consume alcohol and read TMFL posts...

Regarding your questions:
I'm still figuring out what to do, for now i'm searching products in Amazon/Ebay, and see if i can start an importing business. My end goal would be financial independence through starting my own business/service. Maybe my answers were too vague and i need to work on them.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Well pointed out.

- I will write my WHY.
- I will start a "I did" list (instead of a "To do" list) where i will point out what i did in that day that would get me closer to start my business.
- I will start my money system*.
Done.

Thanks to randomnumber314 question(s) i worked on my targets.

I've figured out the price for my freedom (Money System = €2.9k , Business System = €37k). I'm going to work daily to get closer to my goal.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
Almost forgot I've started this thread :facepalm:

I really feel I've been talking the talk and not walking the walk, and the sad thing is, it seems I've been doing this since i joined this forum. I've read TMF , it really opened my eyes, but I've been lurking on the forum on and off. I keep jumping from "idea to idea" , in the beginning was providing IM services to local business, absorbed for weeks much info as i could get but then... real action = 0, the closest thing was to build a simple website to a friend for free , then I thought, Social Media is the big thing so... lets "waste" weeks searching and researching for info (blogs,podcast,etc.), I even bought a domain, built a website, which I've not finished and I even helped (for free as a way to build portfolio) a friend of mine who has a dentist clinic to manage he's FB profile... and then, my motivation dropped drastically and I started looking for the next thing to ..... "keep me busy", instead of taking action. Now i'm pursuing ... importing from China and use FBA to sell on the Amazon European Marketplace. So far I've:

• Opened a seller account in Amazon EU
  • Researched and found a product
  • Contacted a seller on Alibaba (I've been chatting w/ him through skype)
  • Received a quote
  • Found a nice feature to add into the product as a way to differentiate from others sellers
  • I'm reading Vigilant's thread from page 1 "Addicted to Passive Income Deposits"

On a side note I've started ( 4 days ago) to fill the Kaizen spreadsheet w/ 2 things i want to improve in my life.

Please feel free to comment/criticize :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The question is do you need criticism? Seems you just have to turn it around what you just said. Take some action. Walk the walk. Depends on what you want to do. And now what is the real goal? If you don't know, I don't know what to tell you. It's your life. What do you want do do?

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
I was just like you, all I can tell you is that if you keep searching you will find it

It could be importing, software, services, something

If your not passionate about the idea then its going to flop, keep looking and good luck

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
And now what is the real goal? If you don't know, I don't know what to tell you. It's your life. What do you want do do?
I'm gonna take advantage of this another "wave of motivation" and put a product on Amazon, learn the process, make any adjustments, even i've been jumping from idea to idea i'm aware that at least I've learned something from it... it gave me some knowledge that i didn't have. My short-term goal is to make profit.. that's it.

If your not passionate about the idea then its going to flop, keep looking and good luck
ty tafy, really hope so, i'm tired of being mediocre.

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
After some customs clearance delay.. it seems i will have to pay 63,81€ to get my samples :dead:

> € 24.6 Relating the customs debt to the Portuguese State (Customs Duties, VAT and Documented expenses). Of these:

-> Rights: € 0, calculated by applying the Rights rate of 0% to the sum of value of goods + Value of Transportation, (€ 31.97 + € 31.97).

-> VAT: € 22.85, calculated by applying the rate of 23% on the sum of: Value of Rights € 0 + Merchandise Value Value + Shipping + Optional fees (35.40 / Kg100 Minimum).

-> Documented expenses consist of printed € 1.75.

-> Clearance Service DHL: € 39.21 (Value that may include storage, and in this case, the storage value is equal to 6 €).

All this after already paid $80 USD (~63€) to the Chinese supplier for my 5 samples + shipping. FML. :headbanger:

NVaz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jul 24, 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
My 1st importing experience was a total failure (well, not total because i've gained some experience/"education" about the process). The samples went back to China because DHL didn't contact me, I was the one who took the initiative to call them , I've talked w/ them over phone, exchanged some emails, send them the docs they're asking for even though the package was sent back. I'm not totally mad because i think i didn't choose a product where i could add value. Fall, rise, repeat.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.