The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INSIDER AT LAST!!!

A post of a ranting nature...
G

GuestUser112

Wow, I feel incredibly stupid today. Relieved, but very stupid.

So, I've been waiting to get a FastlaneForum INSIDERS Membership for months.

"Why is that, Dreamcreator?" you ask.

Well, I was CERTAIN that it could only be done with a credit card. Lol. I went to do it once and for some reason I couldn't get my paypal set up right, or it asked me for a credit card at one point, or something.

Anyway, I was SO SURE that I could ONLY do it with a credit card. I asked my parents if I could use theirs and told them I'd pay them cash up front, but they were suspicious of recurring membership fees for a website of 'dubious' value (slowlane, yet again...)

I used to have a credit card but I slashed it because of bad spending habits. But I wanted an INSIDERS subscription and when I want something I want it so I applied for a credit card three days ago expressly for this purpose.

So today I wanted to check the price of a year's subscription again, to get a heads up. And the page says,

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY WITH PAYPAL?

Lol, WHAT!? DONE!!!

I think I'm going to be laughing at myself all day over this one. I guess I'll just use the credit card to build my credit rating when it comes in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
Wow, I feel incredibly stupid today. Relieved, but very stupid.

So, I've been waiting to get a FastlaneForum INSIDERS Membership for months.

"Why is that, Dreamcreator?" you ask.

Well, I was CERTAIN that it could only be done with a credit card. Lol. I went to do it once and for some reason I couldn't get my paypal set up right, or it asked me for a credit card at one point, or something.

Anyway, I was SO SURE that I could ONLY do it with a credit card. I asked my parents if I could use theirs and told them I'd pay them cash up front, but they were suspicious of recurring membership fees for a website of 'dubious' value (slowlane, yet again...)

I used to have a credit card but I slashed it because of bad spending habits. But I wanted an INSIDERS subscription and when I want something I want it so I applied for a credit card three days ago expressly for this purpose.

So today I wanted to check the price of a year's subscription again, to get a heads up. And the page says,

WOULD YOU LIKE TO PAY WITH PAYPAL?

Lol, WHAT!? DONE!!!

I think I'm going to be laughing at myself all day over this one. I guess I'll just use the credit card to build my credit rating when it comes in.
You still need a credit / debit card tied to your PayPal account in order to make online payments through PayPal so I don't get what you're trying to say.

G

GuestUser112

You still need a credit / debit card tied to your PayPal account in order to make online payments through PayPal so I don't get what you're trying to say.

Credit cards and debit cards are not the same thing.

Credit = loaned money

Debit = earned money

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

G

GuestUser112

They work exactly the same way, when someone says they take credit cards of course they take debit card also

Unlike credit cards, debit cards require a third party for online transactions ie. Paypal. Some online businesses do not have the services of a third party and so they only accept credit.

Otherwise Elon Musk and his friends wouldn't be billionaires for creating Paypal.

Geeze...

Dropout

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 27, 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you feel the thread and the story you provided was valuable to the forum?
I don't mean to be a bitch but I thought this forum was about getting rich, not to waste each other's time with useless small talk.
For that reason I dont post until I have legit value to share. I suggest you consider the same.
Have a great day.

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Unlike credit cards, debit cards require a third party for online transactions ie. Paypal. Some online businesses do not have the services of a third party and so they only accept credit.

Otherwise Elon Musk and his friends wouldn't be billionaires for creating Paypal.

Geeze...
Maybe that's in Canada... in the US Debit Cards work EVERYWHERE online. And there's no difference at all when websites say "we accept credit cards"

And no... Paypal didn't get big of this at all... it got big because you could pay websites without giving them your info. You only gave it to one website, PayPal.

:tiphat:

G

GuestUser112

Maybe that's in Canada... in the US Debit Cards work EVERYWHERE online. And there's no difference at all when websites say "we accept credit cards"

That's strange, I've always had to use a third party, such as Interac. Differences in the banking system maybe? I don't know. All I know is that when I try to make purchases at some websites, they ask for Mastercard, Visa, etc. To which I reply, 'No can do!"

I don't mean to be a bitch but I thought this forum was about getting rich, not to waste each other's time with useless small talk.
For that reason I dont post until I have legit value to share. I suggest you consider the same.
Have a great day.

I don't think somebody who has been a member of this forum for a year (starting today) but has yet to contribute anything has any right to complain. This comment would actually carry weight, were it coming from say, zen*******, IceCreamKid, Vigilante, etc...

In the future, you should avoid clicking on threads with the word 'RANT' next to them if you feel that strongly about it.

Go ask for more advice.

D

DeletedUser394

Have a great day.

So your rationale is to post nothing of value in a thread that you deem to be nothing of value, thereby wasting your time, our time, and your time again when you read this response?

As for the underlined part, that's interesting because half of your posts (the one's not on the inside) are more or less what you would deem useless.

Not trying to be a bitch either (actually I totally am trying to be), but damn man, why so glum? U mad?

The only issue I could see here is that it's posted in the wrong section. Ain't the end of the world.

brb, counting money stacks.

@DreamCreator, so did you buy the sub?

Emanuel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Jun 23, 2014
USA
Unlike credit cards, debit cards require a third party for online transactions ie. Paypal.
No.
Geeze...
That's not why PayPal was successful. Geeze...
That's strange, I've always had to use a third party, such as Interac. Differences in the banking system maybe? I don't know. All I know is that when I try to make purchases at some websites, they ask for Mastercard, Visa, etc. To which I reply, 'No can do!"
You can have debit cards that are MasterCard or VISA just like a credit card. In fact, most debit cards are one of those two.

Last edited:

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Welcome to the inside @DreamCreator, there is so much to take in, it's a bit overwhelming.

If anybody is in two minds about becoming an INSIDERS, seriously don't hesitate. Do whatever you can to get the cash. Beg, borrow, cut out all unnecessary expenses for a week or two, hustle, sell some crap, pawn that guitar you never play, ask your grandma for a visa gift card for Christmas... Whatever it takes. It is worth it. If you seriously can't come up with the cash, you're not trying hard enough.

G

GuestUser112

You can have debit cards that are MasterCard or VISA just like a credit card. In fact, most debit cards are one of those two.

Visa and MasterCard are both third parties. I should have specified that my debit card comes from my banking institution, Royal Bank of Canada.

G

GuestUser112

Welcome to the inside @DreamCreator
If anybody is in two minds about becoming an INSIDERS, seriously don't hesitate. Do whatever you can to get the cash. Beg, borrow, cut out all unnecessary expenses for a week or two, hustle, sell some crap, pawn that guitar you never play, ask your grandma for a visa gift card for Christmas... Whatever it takes. It is worth it. If you seriously can't come up with the cash, you're not trying hard enough.

Now that's something I like to hear post-purchase.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Maybe when you're old, or alone, or both, you'll appreciate the value of 'useless small talk.'

You don't have it all figured out. @Dropout

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Have a great day.

LMFAOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA

when i was reading this i started laughing so hard.

then i tried to read it in a serious tone in different types of accents.

a british accent
an indian accent

a southern country accent like texas

lmaoooooooooo

it could even be a rap song: "dont mean to be a bitch but dis forum's about getting rich... bitch"

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Visa and MasterCard are both third parties. I should have specified that my debit card comes from my banking institution, Royal Bank of Canada.

It's different in various countries, which is why people here is a bit confused by this. In Australia, most debit cards weren't Visa or Mastercard until 5 or so years ago. Personally, I dislike using a debit card for online purchases as if someone steals your details they can steal your cash - whereas using a credit card it isn't as big of a deal (as you can just not pay off the card while the fraud is being investigated). Also, in some countries you can have a debit card when you are under 18, but it won't be Visa/Mastercard.

@DreamCreator I'm surprised it took you this long to find a solution. Isn't it funny how blinded we can be by our own perceived limitations.

Dropout

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Nov 27, 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
Cool, we disagree - I'm just personally tired of reading irrelevant stuff from people who should be talking less and listening more. And thats why I never post myself - I prefer to not give advice and information unless I know its legit and backed from experience. I know - quite a weird way to act on the internet where talk is cheap and anyone can live out their inner expert without too many worries of the consequences - besides the quick ego boost of likes and reps and the warm anticipating feeling in your stomach when you wait for people to reply.
Yes, I'm slightly mad.
And yes, @Formless , you're absolutely right. I don't have it all figured out. That's why I post little and listen much. Anything else would be unjust :)

G

GuestUser112

Cool, we disagree - I'm just personally tired of reading irrelevant stuff from people who should be talking less and listening more. And thats why I never post myself - I prefer to not give advice and information unless I know its legit and backed from experience.

Unless you have the chance to complain about the value you aren't receiving for free....

besides the quick ego boost of likes and reps and the warm anticipating feeling in your stomach when you wait for people to reply. Yes, I'm slightly mad.

Seriously what is the point in dragging this on then? I'm just gonna unwatch my own thread now...

Lol but please look up the definition of 'contradiction' for me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.