The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Secret

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I must be an oddball when it comes to the secret, tested it because my mom and one of my sisters were into it. That made me also interested, instead of purely wanting money and cars and stuff I had other desires.
Sure I also wanted money, but for buying a pirate ship most of all. One of the strongest desires i had was... prepare for it... Necromancy. I desires it both to troll people and for practical reasons.

Imagine me walking near a funeral, they are all mourning the death of a loved one. All of a sudden they hear scratchingsounds from the coffin. The deceased one bursts out of the coffin, looking around with a half-awake expression. then it shambles off to my side, suddenly the mourners are aware of me. I walk away and now have someone to take care of my dirty underwear... great success.

I wanted zombies to take care of my lawn, do the dishes, cut the grass and other menial tasks that they could manage to do. I never really believed in it fully, I wanted to believe in it but was discouraged as they always left something ''important'' out of the equation. I later gave up on the secret, since it felt like a quick and easy fix.

Edit: For those that get the thought, no i didn't want to become a necromancer to have sex with corpses. I just feel it would be awesome, having several large zombies help me push carts n stuff when I would be out shopping.

Mental Health Assessment - Self Tests by Psychology Today

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
As fastlaners, I think you guys are missing the real golden nugget behind The Secret.

It's a compiled info-product, pulled from freely available sources (Think and Grow Rich, The Science of Getting Rich, etc). They weren't publishing anything new, at all, but the way they released the product and spun the information they were presenting, made Rhonda Bryne a great example of Fastlane achievement.

Take a closer look at it sometime, it's quite brilliant.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
We have some F*cking crazies here... I think there needs to be a fastlane entry exam.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Maybe an exit exam too...

G

Guest3722A

Some say when you go too far you can never get back to where the rest of them are.

I like the creativity in the metaphors, however, not appropriate for the forum

my .02

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If ever someone was worthy for my ignore list... APEMANIA takes the cake.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
This does interest me as well.

From what I can tell, a lot of it has to do with your subconscious mind.

There is an excellent book called "The Architect" by Jonny Gibaud that does an excellent job summarizing it.

He says your brain is like a ball of dough, and your thoughts are like a ball bearing rolling over it - each time making a groove. As you repeat the same thoughts, the groove gets deeper.

Now, the bearing will naturally begin to follow the grooves the deeper that they get, so what you think begins to be filtered through these grooves that you carve with your "mindset" - which is really just your thought habits.

The kicker is, your subconscious has no concept of past, present, or future - as well as real or imagined things.

What this means is that the more you can visualize what it is that you want, the stronger and more realistic you can make that visualization - you begin to carve THOSE grooves in your mind. Your thoughts begin to pass through those grooves as you begin to connect new neurons and new pathways for your thoughts.

You subconscious actions begin to act in agreement with those things, "attracting" them to your life - all of the little micro-actions and decisions that you make are tuned in and controlled by this subconscious "auto-pilot" that is like your ultimate personal assistant.

So really, IMO, you are just taking control of a part of yourself that most people never actually do.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think at a certain point in the process it's good to learn the secret, the opus, and the law of attraction, but at another point it just becomes part of a mindset or in your habits. I have used it with visualization and I believe it does work, but maybe for some it doesn't I don't know. I think people misunderstand it, and don't understand you still have to take action and it's not going to manifest over night.

This was an interesting discussion I just listened too on materialism, consciousness, subconsciousness, and reality. I'm always listening to stuff. lol

I

insideusisgod

I promise you [...action + attraction] will bring greater results!!!

Imagine both. You act on ideas. You attract ideas. You act on thoughts. You attract thoughts. You get positive results. You attract positive.

Attraction is awesome. It's to visualise an outcome then to "receive" a way. To attract is to act efficiently, with purpose; logic and intent.

I

insideusisgod

This does interest me as well.

From what I can tell, a lot of it has to do with your subconscious mind.

There is an excellent book called "The Architect" by Jonny Gibaud that does an excellent job summarizing it.

He says your brain is like a ball of dough, and your thoughts are like a ball bearing rolling over it - each time making a groove. As you repeat the same thoughts, the groove gets deeper.

Now, the bearing will naturally begin to follow the grooves the deeper that they get, so what you think begins to be filtered through these grooves that you carve with your "mindset" - which is really just your thought habits.

The kicker is, your subconscious has no concept of past, present, or future - as well as real or imagined things.

What this means is that the more you can visualize what it is that you want, the stronger and more realistic you can make that visualization - you begin to carve THOSE grooves in your mind. Your thoughts begin to pass through those grooves as you begin to connect new neurons and new pathways for your thoughts.

You subconscious actions begin to act in agreement with those things, "attracting" them to your life - all of the little micro-actions and decisions that you make are tuned in and controlled by this subconscious "auto-pilot" that is like your ultimate personal assistant.

So really, IMO, you are just taking control of a part of yourself that most people never actually do.

Excellent interpretation - wish I could transfer some 'rep' for that ample amount of wisdom. The secret is that you are the genie of your life. You're implying that if you think success or millions is hard your subconscious will seek out difficult paths.

;)

I

insideusisgod

2. Be kind when ever possible... "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours." - Henry David Thoreau

Amazing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.