The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

eBay reselling and wholesale progress thread.

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Today I decided it's time for me to start using eBay as a tool. I started by putting up a bunch of old stuff I don't use anymore this way I have some initial money to work with. I have done this before but on a very small scale (buying and reselling video games) but this time I look to make a good amount of money off of this and I will continue to work at it until I do so. After I find success in eBay I'm going to move onto to other things like buying and reselling on Craigslist. I'll post here with progress every week or so.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Okay so I have started selling off some of my own stuff to build up enough money to start buying and reselling. Has anyone used alibaba before? I've been contacting a bunch of suppliers on there in regards to buying phone accessories and none of them have gotten back to me yet. Is the website trustworthy and is it normal for sellers to take a while to respond?

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
Use the forum search, there are a bunch of progress threads by people who earn a living off wholeselling and ebay.

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
I second what Prototype said.

Maybe you can start here.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Sorry I have not posted in a while guys I've been busy. I recently began with Craigslist flipping to build up some money and I'll eventually get up to doing wholesale. I aim to make 300$ by the new year. I already bought 2 GPS' from Craigslist for 25$ and I have them listed on eBay and will make around 70$ profit

drilonnn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 2, 2014
Sorry I have not posted in a while guys I've been busy. I recently began with Craigslist flipping to build up some money and I'll eventually get up to doing wholesale. I aim to make 300$ by the new year. I already bought 2 GPS' from Craigslist for 25$ and I have them listed on eBay and will make around 70$ profit

$70 profit on ebay is not possible anymore. Aim to make max. $20 profit. Research a bit and check how much the chinese are selling it, because they have f- invaded ebay.

Andrus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 22, 2014
Wisconsin
Why don't you stick the GPS' back on Craigslist? You would avoid shipping and transaction fees.

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
I have done this before but on a very small scale (buying and reselling video games)

Why did you stop?

Video games are GOLD for some one just starting out. They are easy to find, cheap to ship, and you can make a boat load of cash flipping them.
Especially if you take the time to learn the market, and find the real GEMS. I've sold games for $100+ that I picked up for maybe $5 off craigslist.

imo - forget everything else your trying to buy & sell and dominate the video game market.

You can find these games all day long using craigslist, going to garage sales, thrift stores, pawn shops etc.

After you find them, all you have to do is list them on eBay and watch the money come in.

Oh yeah, and don't give up! Keep reading, keep learning. I can assure you that anything and everything you need to know about this topic can be found on this forum. Just keep digging

Good luck

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Why did you stop?

Video games are GOLD for some one just starting out. They are easy to find, cheap to ship, and you can make a boat load of cash flipping them.
Especially if you take the time to learn the market, and find the real GEMS. I've sold games for $100+ that I picked up for maybe $5 off craigslist.

imo - forget everything else your trying to buy & sell and dominate the video game market.

You can find these games all day long using craigslist, going to garage sales, thrift stores, pawn shops etc.

After you find them, all you have to do is list them on eBay and watch the money come in.

Oh yeah, and don't give up! Keep reading, keep learning. I can assure you that anything and everything you need to know about this topic can be found on this forum. Just keep digging

Good luck
Thank you and yes video games are a great thing to flip. I stopped just because I went for instant gratification. I spent all my money on dumb stuff. I learned my lesson and now I have around 100$ to work with and I started from nothing

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
^There ya go, now take that $100 and multiple it. Buy some new inventory, flip it. Repeat process.

Just make sure to research everything before you buy it. eBay (completed/sold) listings

If your reselling on eBay, make sure to include (shipping,eBay, & paypal) fees.

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Just a quick update: I am now currently running an instagram account that is gaining followers quickly and will be used to test out selling some t-shirts. I already have one shirt designed and will see how marketing goes using my instagram account and reddit. If these t-shirts sell and prove they can be profitable, I will continue to create shirts related to my niche and eventually hope on created a website dedicated to my shirts. As far as ebay wholesale goes, I am currently working on getting accessories for a game system ordered in bulk. Before I order the accessories I am going to try to get more money that can be put into wholesaling because as of now I do not have enough as I would like to get started. I will mainly make my money for wholesaling by continuing my craigslist flipping and hopefully my t-shirts will begin to sell.

~Phil

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs

Do you test all the games you buy for resale?

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Do you test all the games you buy for resale?

Really depends on the scenario, the person I'm buying from, and the value of the game.

If it's a gem that you have to spend a little cash on, surely don't buy it with out testing.

Look the games over, if they aren't all beat up or scratched their probably good.

Examine the seller, if they take care of their shit you will know, if it's some kid that threw em in a box etc.

All else fails, test em. Lol

I've flipped hundreds of games and prolly tested 20% of them, maybe came across 2 duds.

Hope that helps

Good luck

~Phil

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs
Really depends on the scenario, the person I'm buying from, and the value of the game.

If it's a gem that you have to spend a little cash on, surely don't buy it with out testing.

Look the games over, if they aren't all beat up or scratched their probably good.

Examine the seller, if they take care of their shit you will know, if it's some kid that threw em in a box etc.

All else fails, test em. Lol

I've flipped hundreds of games and prolly tested 20% of them, maybe came across 2 duds.

Hope that helps

Good luck
Thank you

That does make sense

TheNextTrump

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 7, 2012
Omaha, NE.
Thank you

That does make sense

For sure, if you have any other questions feel free to PM.

Lot's of money in games, and the best part is they are all over.

Whether your buying newer games, or older games, most copies had millions of copies released to the market.

Good luck

~Phil

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs
For sure, if you have any other questions feel free to PM.

Lot's of money in games, and the best part is they are all over.

Whether your buying newer games, or older games, most copies had millions of copies released to the market.

Good luck

Awesome!! Thanks.

I have 3 boys that know a ton more about games than me. I think this is a great way to spend time with them and teach them how to hustle ;-)

BobbyPenzero

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Nov 28, 2013
Following you brother. We have a ton of good thrift shops in our area where we pick up books, collectibles (not many video games, it's usually only PS2 football games...), and so on, and have thousands in stock just waiting to be listed. Will be following you with interest.

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Alright so I just released my first t-shirt for one of my niche accounts last night. I'm finding it hard to market and my only tool I'm using at the moment is my instagram account which has around 600 followers (90% are into the niche. (Instagress took care of this), a twitter account which is basically brand new, and reddit which I've had no success on as of yet. Does anybody know any efficient ways to market t-shirts?

Lou Esposito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 29, 2014
Just placed my first order for wholesale. Ordered $150 worth of a product on alibaba and I expect to make around 250$ in profit. My instagram page is currently at 970 followers in less than 2 weeks and I receive atleast 10 submissions to feature a day. I will soon release shirts and bumper stickers for my instagram page and I just ordered a book on SEO along with rich dad poor dad. 2015 is looking great for me so far. In less than 3 weeks I have created plenty of opportunities for myself and I look forward to making even more throughout the rest of the year.

I'd like to thank everyone on the forums for guiding me and helping me start my first business Ventures. I'd especially like to thank MJ because if it was not for the millionaire fast lane I would have lived my life as a slowlaner or sidewalker. This truly is one of the best communities I've ever experienced on the internet and I look forward to seeing everyone on here succeed and I look forward to succeeding myself with the help of every member on here. Thank you.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
Congrats on the achievements! Capitalize and move FAST.

Especially when starting out. Traction is key. Action action action action. The steps you take in the beginning are instrumental in gaining momentum.

Contact the local niche accounts and ask for a shoutout etc

Test and track everything

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.