The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey To $5,000

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Hey,

This is my journey to $5,000 so I can buy my first car, I know it's not like a lot of peoples journeys to $1,000,000 or anything but it's mine, I want to make $5,000 by the spring time and am pretty motivated to do it. I'd really like to buy my first car with money I make doing what I do. Heres the plan.

I'm currently selling Facebook likes, followers and YouTube views, this is going okay and I'm getting a sale or two a week, I've recently started to post craigslist ads and hopefully I'll start to get business from there as well. The only other places I offer my services are this forums and one other.

I've also been using my social media skills to offer consulting and social media plans, I have plans to start a social media management business although that's on hold until I get my follower business going strong.

I'll keep you updated on a weekly basis on how much money I'm at and any major news, stay tuned. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Just curious. Why do you need a car, especially a $5,000 car at 17?

I can buy pretty much any car on earth short of a Bugatti for cash.. yet I take transit lol.

Will the car help you progress with your business/financial independence, or will it slow your growth by tying so much money up in a depreciating asset?

If someone had slapped me back in the day when I was making exorbitant purchases, I'd realistically already be a millionaire.

You can definitely get to this goal.. but is it the right goal for your situation?

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Good monetary goal. I like these much more than the million dollar bullshit threads. What's more is those who learn to hit a goal such as yours are probably more likely to hit the million... I'll be watching this thread

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Just curious. Why do you need a car, especially a $5,000 car at 17?

I can buy pretty much any car on earth short of a Bugatti for cash.. yet I take transit lol.

Will the car help you progress with your business/financial independence, or will it slow your growth by tying so much money up in a depreciating asset?

If someone had slapped me back in the day when I was making exorbitant purchases, I'd realistically already be a millionaire.

You can definitely get to this goal.. but is it the right goal for your situation?

Well realistically I'll probably spend $2,000 - $3,000 on the car but would like to have the extra money for repairs + anything aftermarket. Cars are what I love to do, I like working on them, building them up and pushing them to there limits.

I always find a way to tie it into business as well, currently I own a euro performance car instagram page with nearly 10,000 followers but I will soon startup another one based around Jeeps.

The car won't really help with anything, other then enjoyment.

Tyler K

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 25, 2014
United States
Going to start building up an email list and a database of emails of business owners targeted by niche. Going to going to start by finding businesses on google maps that could be interested in my service, putting them in a excel file and do this until I have 1,000 or so business emails. I'll then figure out how to take those emails and send them all a mass email and I'll offer them Facebook likes, Twitter followers and more.

This will be the first steps, if I get a conversion rate of 5% and I make $10 per person that'd be $500 or so dollars. Hopefully I'll get more emails then 1,000 and I'll make more then $10 per person.

Still unsure as to if I should offer them Facebook likes or social media consulting/management services or.. reputation management services. Need to figure out what gives them the most value and will work the best for them.

Edit: Just read an article on spam and what I was going to do is considered spam, maybe I should work pick 50 businesses at a time, write a template and then fill in unique information so it's more personalized and maybe I can even go as to far as how it would help them in there current businesses situation.

drilonnn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 2, 2014
Hey,

This is my journey to $5,000 so I can buy my first car, I know it's not like a lot of peoples journeys to $1,000,000 or anything but it's mine, I want to make $5,000 by the spring time and am pretty motivated to do it. I'd really like to buy my first car with money I make doing what I do. Heres the plan.

I'm currently selling Facebook likes, followers and YouTube views, this is going okay and I'm getting a sale or two a week, I've recently started to post craigslist ads and hopefully I'll start to get business from there as well. The only other places I offer my services are this forums and one other.

I've also been using my social media skills to offer consulting and social media plans, I have plans to start a social media management business although that's on hold until I get my follower business going strong.

I'll keep you updated on a weekly basis on how much money I'm at and any major news, stay tuned. :)

Seems to me like youre reselling... Are you?

Don David

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 19, 2015
I like your POV on this. I too am looking for modest goals. I'm not going to say that I'll make a million or a billion dollars right out of the gate.

I just want to see, that I can actually create, by virtue of my own ideas (and then implementation) alone, to make out of thin air, a thousand dollars a month, a 5k car, or whatever. And not from showing up at the employers trough, taking my feed/pay for the day.

I want to see like Steve Jobs said, that you can touch the universe in some spot and see it poke out on the other side. I'm looking for 1-3k a month for my poke. Good luck in your pursuits.

Inventor001

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Mar 6, 2020
Hey Tyler,
It's been 6 years since you started this thread, how it's going?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.