The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I think i found it- what to do now?!

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Hey!

Just like in the title- I think I found something that can be good. And big. And usefull.

The market is worth milions and it may be not too much- but I would be the only one with service that I want to start. People need it badly, scream for it but there is nobody that would fill their needs.

There is a game platform where people can sell items for money, but they can't payout. The money can be used in platform and nowhere else. So I was looking and searching- there is no platform that can guarantee safety and possibility to trade items from the game for real money. It can sound childlish but trust me- I don't care if it's toys, diapers or anything, if it's good for people I want to take it.

I know how my site would work- but HOW am I supposed to gain money for that? I know that marketing would be not so required- people would spread the word anyway. Every item could be sold with 10% provision and it would be still profitable for both- me and the customers.

What should I do now? The loan? Wait and save enough? I don't want to wait- some of you could have read a topic where I was writing how I lost a million because of lazyness.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Davo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 9, 2014
Australia
Will the game makers allow you to do this though?

A lot of games I played back in the day banned this type of trading as it encouraged farmers and bot makers. Not discouraging you just making sure this will be allowed as I thought of something similar for RuneScape ages ago and Jagex wouldn't allow it

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
So... You say you have found it? But then you are like, "Its insurmountable!"

I feel you.

Well the first step is looking at your options and the options that might work for your audience.
What do you need, a site with a huge database and transaction stuff? Or are you getting around that somehow by people selecting prizes or gift vouchers or whatever and then having people pay you money for the digital items they want?

I don't really know how that works but taking into account your budget constraints and maybe constraints in skill at web development, I think you'll just have to start with something more rudimentary to prove concept until you make enough cash to afford automation.

That seems to be the first step here because really I can't see this doing anything until you prove it and get some capital from it so you can get your core stuff set up. So I think that is maybe why you are bouncing around and not knowing where to go with it.

Once you have that stuff done, I'd do a market analysis, see where your customer base is and figure out a clean strategy to get people in and happy.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You might take a look at Second Life. People make products and sell them in the Virtual world. There money is Linden's. The way they were turning linden's into real money I believe was through pay pal or bitcoins. I never looked into it much, but I know the information is probably out there. Inworldz and similar virtual reality games they started creating off of Second Life all have similar things. It probably depends on what types of games your talking about, and what you can legally and can't legally do. As on Second Life they have copyrights, and once you even create something on there you can get into legal stuff too as the real world. So, I would do some research on Linden Labs that created on Second Life or read their forums, or wiki etc. They've been around for a very long time and people have blogs etc on the subject your looking for, but you'd have to search for it in google. I do know even big companies at first were selling sims in world and making profits off renting land and estates on there. I know it all sounds ridiculous and funny, but people are stupid. I used to sell horses on there and made money off of them, but I used the money in world. If you know scripting and computer skills people spend stupid money on that game.

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Will the game makers allow you to do this though?

A lot of games I played back in the day banned this type of trading as it encouraged farmers and bot makers. Not discouraging you just making sure this will be allowed as I thought of something similar for RuneScape ages ago and Jagex wouldn't allow it

It is officially not allowed, but a friend of mine told me a story about selling WoW accounts- you don't sell the account, just time spent on making it.It's good to be sceptic, so don't worry :) I don't want to be too optimistic starting a business. And game market is huge and I can tell by watching games all these years that people are willing to spend more and more money on the useless (in my opinion) a cuple bytes that look nicer in the game. Same in premium accounts and stuff, but that is not my niche- it's more skins market.

I know the solution- payments via paypal and user's wallet. But the main problem is that I don't have enough money :/

I do know even big companies at first were selling sims in world and making profits off renting land and estates on there. I know it all sounds ridiculous and funny, but people are stupid. I used to sell horses on there and made money off of them, but I used the money in world. If you know scripting and computer skills people spend stupid money on that game.

I know it sounds stupid, but people buy items worth 500$ everyday. It's just riddicolous.

Well the first step is looking at your options and the options that might work for your audience.
What do you need, a site with a huge database and transaction stuff? Or are you getting around that somehow by people selecting prizes or gift vouchers or whatever and then having people pay you money for the digital items they want?

Yeah, I've been through that. I know which server I need, I know how the system should work and how the payment system would fit. The main problem is that I know how to start a website, how to make a theme and how to administrate it, but I DO NOT CODE. Where should I get money? It's just so frustrating :/ And another bargain can pass away because of waiting :/

I don't really know how that works but taking into account your budget constraints and maybe constraints in skill at web development, I think you'll just have to start with something more rudimentary to prove concept until you make enough cash to afford automation.

Damn, that is a good idea, I even have a reliable partner for that, but my skills are not enough to make it even half automatic. Money still required

That seems to be the first step here because really I can't see this doing anything until you prove it and get some capital from it so you can get your core stuff set up. So I think that is maybe why you are bouncing around and not knowing where to go with it.

Once you have that stuff done, I'd do a market analysis, see where your customer base is and figure out a clean strategy to get people in and happy.

Basic information- most of them come from average-rich families, age: 17-40. Many of them are betters- they bet items and many of them exchange it for another item easier to sell. Many people have no possibility to trade in market as they have to gap some circumstances and my platform would be a good option.

I can get 500$ for start with no loan. And it makes me wonder, how should I act...

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
They did the same on RS, selling "time spent". If the game makers don't allow it, you are in for a tough time. They even changed a bunch of things in the game to stop it, like players dropping items didn't mean someone can just pick it up or trading had to be within a certain % of the market value. A way around it was going somewhere secluded and letting someone kill you for your items but it was a hassle and risky for the buyer on their way back to the bank.

If you can make it work, look at partnering with a Bitcoin startup as they would be a cheaper way for users to trade than PayPal.

Yes, I know what you mean and it is kind of risky. What I know is that this platform doesn't allow selling outside the market, but if anybody does, they don't ban account. Just don't react when somebody gets scammed, but I'm afraid that it would be a butthurt in their business as they get some provisions too.

Bitcoin sounds safe and I will consider it, but anyway it can be inconvenient for me as I can't see future prices in this currency

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.