The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HOW TO Become An IDEA Machine

Idea threads
G

Grimaldo

Every morning (and night) WRITE on paper 10 new ideas. You just need a pen and a shit of paper.

The ideas can be about anything. It doesn't have to be strictly about your business or your needs/challenges. Let your imagination run.

It is normal that your ideas suck at the beginning. Just keep going and they are going to become better and better.

It is better if you finish the exercise a bit tired. That will mean that your mind worked hard.

By doing this you train your mind to find new and fresh ideas all the time. You will see your mind giving you ideas for anything in your daily life. You will just face a tiny thing and you mind will automatically throw you a bunch of new ideas.

As a problem solvers, we need ideas to solve them. And that's a really good exercise.

I've been doing it only a short time and I am loving it. I have a lot of new ideas for any issue I face.
I don't imagine myself 6 months from now doing this.

--
I read this info in a blog from James Altucher. (6 months is the recommended time by James to see incredible results).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Harti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jun 28, 2014
The "hard" part is imo not about how to solve the problems but to find it.
I see some newbies getting "creative startup ideas" by this technique that normally don't solve problems but satisfy egos.

Talk to people to find pain, the HOW will come automatically when you understood the problem deeply.

Harti

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
@Harti while I agree, I have used the 10 ideas method for a while. You don't start solving problems till you have the idea sex usually, but it gives you the advantage to be able to think of interesting ways to solve different problems that you do find that need solutions, sometimes it's too straightforward.

I

insideusisgod

Great idea. Interesting you infer morning and night. That is after all when we are most receptive to the greater power of our below conscious, infinitely more powerful subconscious minds.

Perhaps further enhancing this below par 'state of mind' can help. Folks, what do you think?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I love this idea. I read your thread yesterday, came across it again today, and just took action. I love small things like this which yield to great returns. Something that can be incorporated into a Miracle Morning routine. It literally took me between 1-2 minutes. I now have a notebook next to my bed called "Idea Book".

Its like going to the gym for one hour. ONE HOUR is FOUR PERCENT of your day. Writing down 10 ideas should take you 2 minutes max.

-> TWO MINUTES IS 0.0013% of your day. What excuse do you have NOT to do this?

G

Grimaldo

I love this idea. I read your thread yesterday, came across it again today, and just took action. I love small things like this which yield to great returns. Something that can be incorporated into a Miracle Morning routine. It literally took me between 1-2 minutes. I now have a notebook next to my bed called "Idea Book".

Its like going to the gym for one hour. ONE HOUR is FOUR PERCENT of your day. Writing down 10 ideas should take you 2 minutes max.

-> TWO MINUTES IS 0.0013% of your day. What excuse do you have NOT to do this?
Those are the small things that make a huge difference. The ratio downside-upside is infinite. The only reason to not do it is to underestimate the power of generating new ideas, or thinking "Nah, I don't need this". Until you actually need it.

The "hard" part is imo not about how to solve the problems but to find it.
I see some newbies getting "creative startup ideas" by this technique that normally don't solve problems but satisfy egos.

Talk to people to find pain, the HOW will come automatically when you understood the problem deeply.

Harti
I am not doing this to find a HUGE idea like facebook to start an startup. I am doing this to find solutions to small or big details that I could find in my journey.

It is already having a HUGE impact in my life. There a lot of great things unfolding in my life right now. It's amazing how many doors new ideas can open in your life if you use them.

SunnyN

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 2, 2014
Great idea. Interesting you infer morning and night. That is after all when we are most receptive to the greater power of our below conscious, infinitely more powerful subconscious minds.

Perhaps further enhancing this below par 'state of mind' can help. Folks, what do you think?
Yea, the subconscious is all powerful. I will be starting this exercise surely.

I

insideusisgod

Influence is the pre-requisite to change. Influence yourself. That is the essence of all personal development, to influence you.

It is a "law".

So, by how much you increase the power of influence on your own mind will determine the outcome "hands down". Your wealth,etc..

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
395%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
@Grimaldo - nice routine! I stumbled upon the exact same post and I started doing this last week. I use small index cards - I like separating the ideas by day.

@Harti - while I agree, it is still a very good routine to kick your brain into gear. My solution to this problem - I not only write 10 ideas, but I also write 10 problems I encountered. I focus on other people's problems, yet if I am dissatisfied with something, I write that down too :)

Would be interesting to see the results after a while!

hic3617

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 26, 2014
I think that we had, we have and we will have ideas.. or we don't have ideas..
That's my opinion

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
Is there anyone on the forum with a successful fastlane business who can attribute part of that success to this 10 ideas a day concept?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.