The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting an affiliate program, would anyone be interested??

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
So this is my site http://btdfitness.com

Recently reupdated the design and im thinking of starting an affiliate program for when i launch my products

im offering 50% commision

just wondering if anyone in the fitness niche would be interested or if this is a good idea

Would like thoughts on the idea

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Affiliates don't want to spend their own money sending traffic to unproven offers, they won't do the testing for you.
Yup.

@Op: No.

Edit: I wanted to check out your site but it loaded so slow that Ieft while the spinning wheel was still doing its thingy. You _might_ want to speed that up. I recommend www.cloudflare.com

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Gotta love WP. Kudos for executing.

I think instead of selling a product, you should sell a service.

This way, you can build a loyal following and then convert by releasing a product. I'm sure you could talk to people who email you, and then perhaps post the conversations (diet plans) for other readers. Win-win baby.

• Banned

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Yup.

@Op: No.

Edit: I wanted to check out your site but it loaded so slow that Ieft while the spinning wheel was still doing its thingy. You _might_ want to speed that up. I recommend www.cloudflare.com
are there any free alternatives?

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
I don't know what to take from your site when I first land there. I have a strong interest in the fitness/nutrition field. So with that said, I will not hold back my critique.

- First, I think your site is generic and doesn't serve any one purpose. What does your site do better than bodybuilding.com? T-nation.com?
- Why does the main scroll box load so slow? Where's the eye catching images that really make me want to stay?
- Why are the testimonials about the website itself and not the service/product? I don't care that you have a nice website, as a customer I want to see results. Its like a business saying to a marketing firm, even though you didn't produce any results for my $5,000 campaign, here is a positive review about the nice office you have.
- There are a million sites like this. That is probably not an exaggeration. Where are the unique diet plans and routines that you speak of? All I see are run-of-the-mill generic fitness advice which isn't applicable to any one niche. If I want to get ahead with my body, I'm not going to read your random fitness articles which are akin to the randomness on my Facebook feed. I'm going to find someone doing it better who is providing concentrated advice.
- Who is your target market?

Just some ideas, I think its a cool site and it seems like it would be a fun hobby, but at the current state, I really don't see a viable business model behind this (yet).

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I don't know what to take from your site when I first land there. I have a strong interest in the fitness/nutrition field. So with that said, I will not hold back my critique.

- First, I think your site is generic and doesn't serve any one purpose. What does your site do better than bodybuilding.com? T-nation.com?
- Why does the main scroll box load so slow? Where's the eye catching images that really make me want to stay?
- Why are the testimonials about the website itself and not the service/product? I don't care that you have a nice website, as a customer I want to see results. Its like a business saying to a marketing firm, even though you didn't produce any results for my $5,000 campaign, here is a positive review about the nice office you have.
- There are a million sites like this. That is probably not an exaggeration. Where are the unique diet plans and routines that you speak of? All I see are run-of-the-mill generic fitness advice which isn't applicable to any one niche. If I want to get ahead with my body, I'm not going to read your random fitness articles which are akin to the randomness on my Facebook feed. I'm going to find someone doing it better who is providing concentrated advice.
- Who is your target market?

Just some ideas, I think its a cool site and it seems like it would be a fun hobby, but at the current state, I really don't see a viable business model behind this (yet).
hmm so you say i should focus on one aspect within the fitness niche. Like "building muscle" for example?

I planned on having a magazine type site or blog like gym-talk.com

Last edited:

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
hmm so you say i should focus on one aspect within the fitness niche. Like "building muscle" for example?

I planned on having a magazine type site or blog like gym-talk.com

I think one should always start small and grow big. Because your site is currently a mish mash of random advice, and the only way to find something one has a question to is to perform a search.. which could be more easily done on Google. Does the world need another fitness blog? What need are you fulfilling by putting your time and effort into it? Its cool to start small grow big but starting from a blog seems to general to garner enough interest. Maybe you'll have likes or followers or emails, but who will convert?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
"Diet. It's considering the most important aspect in fitness but we've got you covered"

Considered. and.

Also - If you're going to use before and after pics you should probably show your face to prove that it's not only the same person but also for a more personal approach. Anybody can find 2 pics online, cut heads off, and make it a before and after.

Needs a stronger why.

Sorry. I thought I was in a critique my page thread for a minute. To answer your question - you're best off trying to get sales before affiliates. If you can't sell it then how can they at a smaller % of profit. It's all a numbers game when affiliates are throwing traffic at you. If your site doesn't load quickly everyone bounces. The problem gets worse when more traffic is sent. You're basically asking people to waste money on traffic because you won't spend the money for a proper host and / or CDN. I believe fitness traffic is expensive as well..

You're better off submitting your site to affiliate sites once it's polished and proven..not really what this forum is about. Prep here, find affiliates elsewhere.

Best of luck. You obviously know your subject so find a why, make some sales, and build a site that can get hammered with traffic yet load quickly. Then find affiliates.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.