The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BeDoHave

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Aug 6, 2014
Just finished reading the book - Amazing how much I've learned about life, business and finance within the space of 12 hours. Now it's time to apply what I've learned. Thanks MJ.

Last edited:

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
I've just finished reading TMF and have immediately started again from the beginning.I suspect I'll end up reading it at least a third or fourth time as well. Thanks MJ.

El Sōn

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Nov 18, 2014
Read your book, MJ.

As a college student, I was extremely glad to find a few of my own nascent ideas regarding business validated and developed, but happier to usually find them being smashed and reformed. After reading numerous books on business creation that supported what I've learned at school from individuals (and institutional systems) I perceived to be guilty of what you've dubbed the "Paradox of Practice," your book was a refreshing compendium of hard-learned, no-bullshit information prescribing a mindset change above all else, offering mental tools to achieve true prosperity rather than step-by-step guides to monetary gain.

Combined with the fact that you practice what you preach, your advocacy of hard, but well-thought-out work rings true when I compare it to the "path-of-least-resistance" mindset of the impoverished and/or mediocre masses. Your spot-on definition of "wealth" as opposed to "riches" early on in the book kept me reading and overcame my misgivings regarding your title; I never believed in a "Fastlane" to begin with, having an inherent mistrust of get-rich-quick schemes. I now, however, understand the difference between quick and easy money: the former is possible, while the latter is a scam.

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've learned on your successful quest for your Fastlane, I really appreciate your desire to spread real knowledge. It's now time to finish this post and put my nose to the grindstone.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rskiniss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 7, 2014
I finished reading the book several days ago. Thank you MJ for writing the book. It has certainly opened my eyes and helped change my perception of business and life. While I'm still in the slowlane (job, debt), at least now I can see there is a different way and I am looking for my exit.

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
MJ, I've just finished reading your book, for the second time! I must say... The way you broke things down was reaffirming AND eye opening. For me this spanned far beyond a business book, but instead, how to rethink my own world view (and how to ignore what has been societies force view upon me). I've been struggling over the last several years to create the vehicle that will get me to the point I've always wanted, and the wealth plan you outline. It's hard to count the number of failures I've had. But now, I feel reinvigorated after reading your book. You've reconfirmed many of my own thoughts and opened my eyes to MANY new ones. I thank you for that!

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
Consider it read.

Now I gotta read it again. Although I lent it to a friend who hasn't given it back - not sure what he's done with it. Definitely didn't finish it. Ah well, his loss.

Christmas is coming up soon anyway. :)

Seriously though, great book and awesome forum. Thanks MJ!

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
Sign me up I was already clicking switches in my head half way through. Once I got past the point where everything I heard agreed consciously or had me literally nodding while I paced about my apartment I knew this wouldn't be a subject I can take a break from. This may not have made me any money but it's has already given me wealth of mind, and I'm sure the rest is to follow.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
Please add me to the ranks of the read :)

Why is the MF like the Bible?

Due to the fact that both books have timeless content and can be reread and reread because they carry such universal value driven philosophy. I particularly like how the book itself is an excellent example of execution that the book is preaching.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Just finished reading the book.
Amazing. It confirmed a lot of ideas I already had, and added others of invaluable relevance.
Thank you MJ.

Argie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 17, 2014
Finishing the book for the second time!! Awsome read, mind openner!!

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
I just finished the book. Really love it, one of my top 5 reads on entrepreneurship and mindset in general.

I really enjoyed the chapter where you bring up chess as an analogy and you conclude to say "chess are not won by taking someones pawns"... I just got that moment of clarity!

KONIG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 8, 2014
California
Read the book and loved it, definitely an eye-opener for my previously 100% slowlane self. Thank you MJ. Thank you. I am glad I found this book now at age 25, I feel like I still have time to make BIG changes.

Andrew Heron

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 10, 2014
I was listening to back episodes of The Survival Podcast on my commute and heard the episode with MJ. Started reading TMF that night. Definitely a powerful book with an irreversible impact on my worldview. Glad to find this forum as well, tons of great info on here to get caught up on.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I am just coming up on finishing the book (I’m on the “Time” chapter toward the end) and this book has really reshaped my mind and how I approach building a business. It helps to have business conversations with people and have this information armed in the back of my head.

The impact has inspired me to learn coding on a deeper level. I’m a creative type (I make cartoons/art) and the ideas have been pouring in on what I can do to take my skills to a different plane.

This was totally not what I expected, and for that I am thankful. Mr. Demarco, you’ve created an excellent read that I will go right back and reread. Here is a book I’ll master. This is my new “Think and Grow Rich”.

By the way, I’m also in Phoenix, moved out here a chubby kid with absolutely nothing but a broke TV and 500 dollars. I made it to Ahwatukee and have my sights set on the Foothills…Peace!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I made it to Ahwatukee

Wow, I lived there for 7 years. Beautiful place, loved it there as much as I do Fountain Hills. Do you have an introduction posted? And some examples of your cartoon work?

100000MIL

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 30, 2014
I put off reading this book for a long time honestly because of the title. "The Millionaire Fastlane " sounded like a get rich quick scheme to me, AKA another pointless book that would only make the author rich. This was not the case whatsoever... I truly enjoyed this book and I can say in all honesty that I will have a better life because of it. Thank you for writing it.

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Ahwatukee is wonderful!

I am working on completing my profile, I’ve been lurking for several weeks and am just now signing up (the wealth of info on here is amazing).

I do have examples of my work. I have a cartoon series I’ve been dilligently working at that’s centered around my unique experiences working in these Phoenix Call Centers. (attached some of the art below)

I just switched my domain over to a wordpress.org website so I’m awaiting transfer. But the site for the show is completed. Here is the wordpress.com site with a bit of insight into the project below… www.callcentertv.wordpress.com

Would love to know what you think.
Call_Center_office.jpg final-0001 (2).jpg Office_CallCenter.jpg

Kubson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 6, 2014
Ooops, I''ve missed this treat and started wondering how to get this icon under avatar :) I've read that too! Polish edition. Great book!

SGSystems

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 8, 2011
Read this 1.5 times...after I've let myself slide into comfort and conformity resulting in a stable but stale life I dug up the only cure I knew...The Millionaire Fastlane book.

To my surprise, I opened the front cover and forgot I purchased a signed version. Felt great to see a note personalized with my name from MJ! Kinda felt like the book knew I'd be back and just waiting for me to come back. I'm eating it up again and finding new meaning in the words...Sometimes you just gotta go through a setback or stale period and things make more sense then ever before.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
I just finished reading the book, and it really opening my eyes to a lot of things I was doing right and wrong. Time to stop chasing money and start focusing on ONE fastlane. Monogamy is going to be fun.

seoflipper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 29, 2014
Read it for the first time about four years ago. Usually re-read it at least once a year, just finishing up another re-reading!

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Also finished the book last week.

Amazing book MJ, thank you for it.

I have been reading on this forum for the past year, without reading the book, so some I believe I already had adapted some of the fastlane mindset. However, reading the book just took me the extra step.

So much valuable information in it. I wish I could get all my friends to read it, however, I think that their current mindset would be ignoring it. They really seem to settle in their lives with girlfriends, secured jobs and vacations a couple times a year.

What really struck me most about the book, was that it made me realize, that even though I always believe to have had a Fastlane mindset, then I had still been living in the Sidewalk all these years.

This book is a real eye-opener and by reading it I will think that I will finally be able to take my professional and personal life to the next level. I am launching a company with 2 other guys, and I will make sure that they will buy and read this book ASAP!

Here in Denmark, the entrepreneurial community is getting big, however, very few of the entrepreneurs do have the Fastlane mindset. I believe in finding this forum with like-minded people like me, and reading your book will help me progress a lot.

If I will succeed with my first business venture, then I promise that I will invite you MJ on a all-expense paid trip to Denmark. If i don't, I will do that when i succeed with my 2,5 or 100th business venture.

Thank you for this opportunity. I am looking forward to learn a lot, and hopefully also contribute a lot on this forum.

Have a great weekend lads!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.