The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 and determined.

Piguu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 5, 2014
Hey all, I am currently 19 years of age, trying to finish my undergrad in Canada. Even though I'm planning on completing my undergrad, I do not plan on getting a job. I never saw myself at any jobs, I only see myself as an entrepreneur. I currently have a small online business, but I want more. I need something bigger and better. One "limiting factor" I have for growing my business is my partner. He is not 100% convinced on TMF methods, and he is not as determined as I am. He wants the money without the work. I do most of the work from webpage designing to marketing. I understand that 120% of balls to the wall hardwork is required.
Sadly, I am having a hard time finding another idea. If anyone here wants to discuss anything with me, I am more than happy to do so. I can talk business for days. If you are from the States and want to take your idea to the North, but not sure how the Canadian market would react, I would be more than happy to contribute my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
940%
Jun 7, 2008
Are you sitting around letting your anger with your partner fester inside you, or does he know how you feel?

Tell him he isn't pulling his weight (to his face). He will get defensive. Ask him to prove his contributions thus far that have lead to measurable results. When he can't, offer to buy him out (his "value added" portion) of the business, or kill the business all together and launch a competitor. He will fall to the wayside as a competitor because zero effort = zero reward.

If you're starting your Fastlane journey in a vehicle with two flat tires (bad partner), you're not "starting" your Fastlane journey at all. Get your car repaired ("ejecto-seato-cuz" on the partner) and get going.

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
haha, it's hard because we did start this together after all. But now I know to not proceed with other ventures with him.

Are you saying that you would rather ruin your business (=the result of your effort) just to be "honorable" with a guy that doesn't even know where honor is?

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
Hey all, I am currently 19 years of age, trying to finish my undergrad in Canada. Even though I'm planning on completing my undergrad, I do not plan on getting a job. I never saw myself at any jobs, I only see myself as an entrepreneur. I currently have a small online business, but I want more. I need something bigger and better. One "limiting factor" I have for growing my business is my partner. He is not 100% convinced on TMF methods, and he is not as determined as I am. He wants the money without the work. I do most of the work from webpage designing to marketing. I understand that 120% of balls to the wall hardwork is required.
Sadly, I am having a hard time finding another idea. If anyone here wants to discuss anything with me, I am more than happy to do so. I can talk business for days. If you are from the States and want to take your idea to the North, but not sure how the Canadian market would react, I would be more than happy to contribute my opinion.

I'm 19 as well, if I were you I'd be blasting this song in my car on the way to meet your friend to part ways in the business life.

Bartez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Jul 30, 2014
Poland, EU
Hey!

I'm 22 and I had the same problem- I have put a lot of effort in our online business and so did he- but only in the beginning. After a month it was only me actually working- everything that needed to be done he told me to do. I said f*ck that deal and ran away- as business wasn't making any money yet and still required some investments.

Be very carefull with choosing a business partner. He's like your wife and who wants to have a lazy bi*ch sneaking around? Nobody, I guess. Now I try to deal with people that want to do more than talking and we'll see how it goes. I give myself maximum 3 years of planning and thinking- unless I see THE way sooner.

BTW I am not that into canadian market, but I can tell that advertisment market in Canada can be quite profitable, am I right? All I can see on advertisment/affiliate sites that Canada is everytime 1 tier country, right next to US. I'm from Poland and want to live in USA/Canada in the future :) You are very nice people and it seems to be more than just some unreal stereotype.

Camo & Gold

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 28, 2014
Dirty South
This may sound lame, but try motivating your buddy. Sometimes you meet people in life when they aren't mentally "in the game" and need a boost.
Look at the Wolf of Wallstreet, I was getting hyped up from Leonardo DiCaprio on a tv screen.. Imagine being one of Jordan Belfort's employees?
Give it a shot, it could save you the headache of having to cut him loose.

Last edited:

Jeremy Markham

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Oct 20, 2014
Chicago
As entrepreneurs we hear time and time again that we WILL face challenges and we WILL overcome challenges. I definitely think this is one of those challenges that you will face now but look back on and remember forever. Being in business and being a person who cares about the feelings of others is not easy because you don't want to hurt the other person, but in business you have to make the decisions that aren't always popular. That's something I always remind myself of: (although it sounds cliche) business IS business.

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
Hey welcome to the forum :) Hope you learn useful things here.

I'm 18, so many young entrepreneurs lol. Looks like we going to have tough competition in future :eek:

Mr.B

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 8, 2014
Australia
Being in business and being a person who cares about the feelings of others is not easy because you don't want to hurt the other person, but in business you have to make the decisions that aren't always popular. That's something I always remind myself of: (although it sounds cliche) business IS business.

Business IS business, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't care about the feelings of others.

As Paul Graham wrote recently, mean people fail.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.