The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quiting my job

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brett877

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 9, 2014
Missouri
So i have decided to make a change, im quiting my comfy (yet stressful) full time job in exchange for a part time one so i can focuse more hours on se.of my projects and generating income myself....

Any tips or advice? Wish me luck?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Will Bauer

Either you run the day or the day runs you.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 25, 2014
Paderborn
Make sure you have a schedule and stick to it!

I also work only 4 days per week and take the friday of. I wasted a lot of time because I did not use my day off as I intended. The first 3-5 hours are critical.

Brett877

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 9, 2014
Missouri
Ya, Focus would be the key and the added freedom to think and work more often would really help me too. Im finding a few negatives in the plan that has me a little concerned. Like weird hours away from family on holidays and lack of medical insurance... Weighing it all out

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
Do you play an instrument or sing? My drummer woks half the hours and makes twice as much as he did at a full-time job, and that's mostly students from the website, Thumbtack. I have a lot of musician friends who teach and make far more than they ever did at a job, with a LOT more free time. Plus, now they get to focus exclusively on music related activities. Some of them we physicists before!

If not music, do you have a special skill set that you can teach and there's a demand for? It beats a job.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JFGD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Nov 16, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
My guess is that you should plan carefully on your job exit timing, especially if your money will run short in a few months.

I'm also considering it but before I'll exit ( in Portugal we need to inform the company 2 months in advance before leave ) I will ensure that I have at least 2 viable business options so I can start selling whatever I'll do in the shortest period of time after I quit.

Since I'm a web developer this comes pretty easy in my case since I can just make remote work like 2 days/week and still have a good time to plan my business.

Plan in advance, prioritize sales

Brett877

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 9, 2014
Missouri
Ya thats my biggest fear in a way, if i work 25 hours a week i can pay bills and then the other time i can make money for me until i start booming business.

I am to the point now(after today) that a pay cut or lack of pay is less stressful then the job....so it is a must that i move on

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.