The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My startup Friendzy

APTG95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 20, 2014
Manchester
Hi guys, I am new here and just posting about a little something I am working on..

It is a mobile application called Friendzy.

Here is why I have decided to do it:

There is no easy solution to today’s problem of giving someone your contact details.

I have an account on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, Snapchat, Twitter and LinkedIn, I also have my phone number, a work email, personal email and now a Friendzy email. How on earth am I supposed to give someone, anyone, the details I feel I would like to give them?

As I have just proven, there are numerous platforms and upwards of 10 different ways of getting in contact and sharing things with me. Friendzy solves this problem.

+Friendzy is aiming to become the most efficient way to connect with someone new that you meet.

Check out the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/thefriendzyapp
Also the Twitter: www.twitter.com/thefriendzyapp

Let me know what you think!
f9ba1aed-4296-4997-81d3-1ec1f3f1706b-large.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
I'm interested to see if people will actually want this. Personally, I'd never give someone I just met all of my contact info. I do hope it works for you though :)

Edit: I see you can specific which contact info to share with someone. I like that.

APTG95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 20, 2014
Manchester
I'm interested to see if people will actually want this. Personally, I'd never give someone I just met all of my contact info. I do hope it works for you though :)
With Friendzy, you can tailor select which contact details you send to people. So if you are in a social situation you might give your number, Facebook, twitter and instagram. Whereas at a business networking event you have the option to give your number, emails, website, linkedin etc.

You can send one, any or all of your details!

Sowexly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Nov 7, 2013
Are you charging for the application than or is this going to funnel into another service that fills social needs?
EDIT: Lovely nail down a scale and I think the rest of the road will find you, best of luck on your mission I've thought of ideas like this many times myself I'm glad someone is acting on it!

APTG95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 20, 2014
Manchester
Are you charging for the application than or is this going to funnel into another service that fills social needs?
The app is going to be free and advert free. So it will not be generating any income, its something we will look further into but firstly we just want to get a large user database!

APTG95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 20, 2014
Manchester
EDIT: Lovely nail down a scale and I think the rest of the road will find you, best of luck on your mission I've thought of ideas like this many times myself I'm glad someone is acting on it!
Thanks! My next mission is to get the app live (Aiming at mid December) and then having a large promo push around the UK

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
My next mission is to get the app live (Aiming at mid December) and then having a large promo push around the UK

You should go for America first, they are more into networking. How are you getting this developed? Do you have a partner?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
There is a lot of people trying to make similar apps. I personally don't see it as a problem at all. I've never had issues with getting/giving contact information when networking.

APTG95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 20, 2014
Manchester
Who is your target audience?
We are targeting both men and women between 18-27 who are sociable and attend networking events as well as go out and party. Basically anyone who finds themselves in a social situation.

Students are a big target audience to start with as you practically meet new people every day

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.