The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your personality? Find it out with a quick test!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
ENFP (Extraverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Prospecting)

You are one of the Diplomats - an empathic and idealistic individual who enjoys exploring interesting ideas and prizes morality. You are known for your enthusiasm, optimism and intuitive skills.

"Turbulent Diplomat"

The ENFP personality is a true free spirit. They are often the life of the party, but unlike Explorers, they are less interested in the sheer excitement and pleasure of the moment than they are in enjoying the social and emotional connections they make with others. Charming, independent, energetic and compassionate, the 7% of the population that they comprise can certainly be felt in any crowd.

The more detailed pieces of this really captured who I am. Fascinating quick study. Thanks for posting this OP.

"ENFPs are fiercely independent, and much more than stability and security, they crave creativity and freedom."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Just took it.

INTP. Apparently 3% of the population are INTP type. Famous INTP's.... Socrates, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein. It is pretty crazy reading through the summary how accurate a lot of it is.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Keirsey (http://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp) also has a very good description of the 16 types.
However I don't like his test method, I think the Myers-Briggs-Jung questionnaire works better:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

INTJ are RATIONALS- (like me) they have a big problem with IDEALISTS and trying to understand the emotional world we live in.
Scott Adams said it best in his book -how to fail at everything and still win big-
"If you think people make rational decisions, you will lead a very frustrated life"
!

I am writing a book about a personality test, if you want to be a contributor please sign up!
www.befreud.com

Feek

Serial Entreprefailer
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 15, 2014
Boston
You guys are all focusing on the MBTI test, which is something I've taken many time over the years, and always get <>NFP. I used to be an "I", but that was largely due to my own limitations and a bit of PTSD thrown in. I'm not as interested in the MBTI because it's never really helped me all that much, and whenever I read other descriptions I fit in a few of those categories, too.

What I'm actually interested in is that Braverman test, because it gave me direct actionable information that may have changed my life. I'm 100% serious about this.

Take a look at my chart below:

Part 1 - Dominant Nature
1A....Dopamine.......36
2A....Acetylcholine....30
3A....GABA.............17
4A....Serotonin........37

Part 2 - Deficiencies
1B....Dopamine........1
2B....Acetylcholine.....5
3B....GABA.............21
4B....Serotonin........14

As you can see, I have some heavy GABA issues going on. Researching further into it, I see a lot of the symptoms that I've spent YEARS working on ways to combat and work around. I mean, some of this stuff has been a real struggle for me.

For instance, I used to be very socially anxious for many years. For those of you that don't have that problem, social anxiety feels insurmountable when it's happening, and even up until recently that voice is still screaming in my head to run away from crowds and I have to work very hard to shut it up or ignore it.

Based on my research into GABA deficiency, I started taking valerian root to help increase the GABA in my brain, and I have never been more calm in my life without the help of illicit substances! I have more focus, I don't feel like I'm ready to brim over with anger and I'm not as quick to jump on people for mistakes now. Granted, I only just started taking it so it bears more experimentation, but if you could feel what I feel you would know that the difference is night and day.

Even if you think the MBTI is total crap, I'd urge you to try out the Braverman - it could end up helping you out more than you could imagine!

I wish I could give Angus some rep for helping me out so much, but he's a guest so alas I'll have to keep my rep money to myself.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Thanks FEEK!
Do you have a link???

I actually don't believe in ANY of those tests, they are all astrology to me!
What's worse is that we undermine our own intuition when we try to put people in nice pre-cut boxes by some pschologist "experts".
I call this reverse flow.
You should use your own intuition when meeting people and sizing-up their character.
Otherwise for personal insight into your own character - they have novel value only.

Your GABA test above looks like it is rooted in science - interesting!

Feek

Serial Entreprefailer
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 15, 2014
Boston
Thanks FEEK!
Do you have a link???
http://www.alienvir.us/braverman/

You should use your own intuition when meeting people and sizing-up their character.
QFT. I'm a very quick and pretty accurate judge of character when I meet someone in person, so maybe that's why I never really put much stock in the MBTI. It's not like you can meet someone and 5 seconds after starting to talk to them say "Wait! I need you to take this test before we go on so I know how to interact with you."

In relation to this forum, I think it's extremely important to have the skill of being able to read people in business situations. I find it helpful to know very quickly where someone else is coming from so I can judge what level of power to give them.

Lakeview

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 5, 2013
Texas

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
INTJ.

Seems remarkably accurate. I have mixed feelings about the famous INTJ list though:

Marx, Nietzsche, Keynes, Paul Krugman, Lenin...!!

On the plus side:

Ayn Rand, Mark Zuckerberg, Issac Newton, and Stephen Hawking.

Wilk1999

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 26, 2014
INTJ

I don't know what to think about these tests but if they were accurate I would be glad to have personality similiar to Vladimir Putin's personality because I honestly admire him.

- I know it could be staged but he is a boss anyway.

Villain

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 26, 2013
Glasgow, UK
Love him or hate him, he's definitely a boss.

Davo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 9, 2014
Australia
You guys are all focusing on the MBTI test, which is something I've taken many time over the years, and always get <>NFP.

Based on my research into GABA deficiency, I started taking valerian root to help increase the GABA in my brain, and I have never been more calm in my life without the help of illicit substances! I have more focus, I don't feel like I'm ready to brim over with anger and I'm not as quick to jump on people for mistakes now. Granted, I only just started taking it so it bears more experimentation, but if you could feel what I feel you would know that the difference is night and day.

My results:
Part 1 - Dominant Nature
1A...Dopamine........33
2A...Acetylcholine... 24
3A...GABA..............18
4A...Serotonin........19

Part 2 - Deficiencies
1B...Dopamine.........9
2B...Acetylcholine....9
3B...GABA.............21
4B...Serotonin.........8

Feek thank you so much for this info! I noticed we're pretty similar except for the serotonin part + i'm an ENFP but reckon i'm about halfway between E and I.

The GABA deficiency in my braverman results makes sense. I have massive problems during my sleep and my gf has been telling me it's been getting worst lately. Now I know why I felt AMAZING when I took those flu tablets a few years ago which contained Valerian. I'll be reading more into this GABA thing now and also likely trial valerian.

Rep transferred!

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
My Braverman results...

It doesn't explain to you what they mean though?!

Part 1 - Dominant Nature
1A....Dopamine 25
2A....Acetylcholine 29
3A....GABA 29
4A....Serotonin 26

Part 2 - Deficiencies
1B.....Dopamine 1
2B.....Acetylcholine 6
3B.....GABA 5
4B.....Serotonin 2

EDIT:

SCORING:

_____ _____ _____ _____

Circle the highest number. This is your most deficient nature, and is the one which is most likely to lead to illness. Often, you burn out your edge just by being yourself. For example, if you are GABA deficient it is likely that you are a dopamine nature, these types often push themselves too hard at work and burn out their edge.

Any category with between 3 and 5 true statements is considered a minor deficiency. Any category with between 6 and 8 true statements is considered a moderate deficiency. If you have more than 8 true statements in any one category, it is considered a major deficiency and you need to get help immediately.

Minor deficits are the early warning signs of health problems. If ignored, they will eventually lead to more serious deficiencies, ultimately affecting your dominant nature. If you fell into the moderate deficit range, you probably have already sought medical treatment for any number of ailments. Minor and moderate deficits can be treated without medications and usually respond to a combination of natural/nutritional supplements, hormonal and life-style changes. Refer to the Supplement Table on the last page to find out which supplements might help in replacing your deficiencies.

Major deficits warrant medical treatment and should be addressed immediately. These deficits are treated as diseases, i.e. Parkinson’s disease, severe mood disorders, high blood pressure, memory loss, seizure disorder, depression, etc. These conditions most likely require medications: nutritional, hormonal and/or life-style changes will not be adequate in addressing these problems. If you experience any of these symptoms or illnesses, it is important to consult your doctor and get immediate treatment.

http://pathmed.com/pdf/brain_quiz.pdf

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I've taken these tests multiple times, and I always get ENTP.

I will argue my point, even if I don't firmly believe in it, until it's imprinted on your cerebral cortex just to prove you wrong.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
ENFP.

Thanks for posting this.

My weaknesses are pretty much on point, explains why I haven't been able to execute my ideas yet and why I'm not the biggest fan of my day job even though I actually do well at work.

ENFP WEAKNESSES
  • Poor Practical Skills - When it comes to conceiving ideas and starting projects, especially involving other people, ENFPs have exceptional talent. Unfortunately their skill with upkeep, administration, and follow-through on those projects struggles. Without more hands-on people to help push day-to-day things along, ENFPs' ideas are likely to remain just that - ideas. (Anyone want to be the hands-on person?)
  • Find it Difficult to Focus - ENFPs are natural explorers of interpersonal connections and philosophy, but this backfires when what needs to be done is that TPS report sitting right in front of them. It's hard for ENFPs to maintain interest as tasks drift towards routine, administrative matters, and away from broader concepts.
  • Overthink Things - ENFPs don't take things at face value - they look for underlying motives in even the simplest things. It's not uncommon for ENFPs to lose a bit of sleep asking themselves why someone did what they did, what it might mean, and what to do about it.
  • Get Stressed Easily - All this overthinking isn't just for their own benefit - ENFPs, especially Turbulent ones, are very sensitive, and care deeply about others' feelings. A consequence of their popularity is that others often look to them for guidance and help, which takes time, and it's easy to see why ENFPs sometimes get overwhelmed, especially when they can't say yes to every request.
  • Highly Emotional - While emotional expression is healthy and natural, with ENFPs even viewing it as a core part of their identity, it can come out strongly enough to cause problems for this personality type. Particularly when under stress, criticism or conflict, ENFPs can experience emotional bursts that are counter-productive at best.
  • Independent to a Fault - ENFPs loathe being micromanaged and restrained by heavy-handed rules - they want to be seen as highly independent masters of their own fates, even possessors of an altruistic wisdom that goes beyond draconian law. The challenge for ENFPs is that they live in a world of checks and balances, a pill they are not happy to swallow.

Time to work on my weaknesses and make use of my strengths :cool:

I'll have you know, you're Anna from Frozen ;)

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
Interesting. Heisenberg is a fictional INTJ as well. Coincidence?

results.png

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Interesting that many of the people here who are doing the test are Introvert variants. You'd think the Fastlane philosophy would appeal mostly to extroverts.

Consider also that we're people apparently who tend to enjoy asynchronous, online communication. Hardcore extroverts probably enjoy forums about as much as I enjoy nightclubs. :)

Really, I think introversion/extroversion might be the least predictive indicator of potential "fastlaneness", though surely, how you choose to build your business might change dramatically based on your level of introversion/extroversion. However, stuff like wanting to wanting to create, build, optimize, bring value to others, while being somewhat riskseeking and nonconformist seem like they could be pretty good entrepreneurial predictors (even though most people with these traits will still try to leverage them from within someone else's company).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Really, I think introversion/extroversion might be the least predictive indicator of potential "fastlaneness", though surely, how you choose to build your business might change dramatically based on your level of introversion/extroversion.

Hmmm... not sure if there would be a correlation. Its definitely an interesting topic for discussion, perhaps another thread. However one thing is for sure, society favors the extrovert. In my personal journey, handling my introversion in relation to the book has been the most difficult of challenges for me.

G

Grimaldo

Hmmm... not sure if there would be a correlation. Its definitely an interesting topic for discussion, perhaps another thread. However one thing is for sure, society favors the extrovert. In my personal journey, handling my introversion in relation to the book has been the most difficult of challenges for me.
To get an answer I like to see the extremes. Who has more chances to succeed and extremely introvert guy or an extremely extrovert guy? I think the extrovert always.

As an ex-introvert guy I know that my introversion was caused for shyness and inferiority complexes, as Jim Rohn says is the disease of the mind and I agree. I think it's a duty for every fastlaner to overcome those issues until the point that they cannot stop him. It's a barrier in the journey, so an opportunity.

I always used to fear those test because I didn't want anyone to tell me how I was, I think I am going to do it now :).

G

Grimaldo

ENTJ. It says it's good for entrepreneurs but that must be wrong as a couple of days ago I got a Sidewalker Grade A :).

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
I'm an INTJ. Good to see there is an abundance of INTJ's here. As an INTJ, I'm very analytical about business. I'm often analyzing the customers and business situations, looking for causes & effects, doing research, trying to determine the perfect plan, or at least a great plan where the likelihood of success is very high. I'm also a perfectionist and have high standards for my work and product design. I'm unlike most artists. I'm very calculating in deciding what projects I decide to pursue. It's got to make as much money as possible.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
I think that this test (MBTI -type personalities) are very inaccurate.
There are a lot more different personality "Types" out there than the test results give out.

Following the test I would be an INTP, BUT at the same time I'm totally the opposite:

-Bad with social interactions (Social interactions are one of my strong points)
-Bad at conversation (I can talk about anything, all day long if needed.)
-Doesn't want to be in the spotlights (I'm in the spotlights 24/7 as part of my job, and I love it)

and more.

Rethagos

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Dec 25, 2014
Poland
I took the 16personalities.com test yesterday and it was: INTJ with Assertive temperament

Today, I took humanmetrics.com test and the result is ISTJ. Got a bit confused >_<

Gonna take another test in a few days.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

A couple of things were dead on for me... Most people would think I am extremely extroverted, but on the inside I'm so bored and eventually exhausted by social settings. So I may seem outgoing and like someone who really likes being social, but a lot of times I'd rather be alone... Interesting.

Last edited:

Journey2Million$

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jan 3, 2015
The INFJ personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As Diplomats (NF), they have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is the accompanying Judging (J) trait – INFJs are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.

How does an INFJ make money in the business world when they insist on "being true to themselves" and refuse to cater to any customer tastes and preferences? I knew an INFJ t-shirt designer. She made only designs that she was personally interested in making, which were abstract designs that had no relation to modern popular culture. She refused to make any designs just for the sake of making a buck. She said it would be "whoring herself" to do that. But then she repeatedly complained about poor sales. She expected people to buy shirts with her designs even though she totally had no consideration for customers and what they liked and what kind of things sell.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
ENTJ- the carful cut throat observer.

ENTJs are natural-born leaders. People with this personality type embody the gifts of charisma and confidence, and project authority in a way that draws crowds together behind a common goal. But unlike their Feeling (F) counterpart, ENTJs are characterized by an often ruthless level of rationality, using their drive, determination and sharp minds to achieve whatever end they've set for themselves. Perhaps it is best that they make up only three percent of the population, lest they overwhelm the more timid and sensitive personality types that make up much of the rest of the world - but we have ENTJs to thank for many of the businesses and institutions we take for granted every day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.