The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Irish Wantrepreneuer

xabi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 2, 2014
Ireland
Hello from Ireland.

Just a quick introduction, im currently a Project Manager working on IT projects in Ireland and Europe, doing ok but realizing there’s more to life….. I’ve always had entrepreneurial tendencies, especially in my younger years, but that seemed to get sucked out of me by slowlane jobs and general lack of motivation over the years.

I didn’t know it at the time, but as a kid I was always looking at opportunities to make money but more importantly taking action!! At xmas one year I bought a few bags of fire logs from a man going door-to-door and instead of burning them I drilled a hole in the middle, stuck a candle in, stuck some holly on and sprayed some white xmas foam on them and hay presto, yule logs. I made about 50 Yule logs from the logs and sold them all door-to-door for £1.50 each, my profit was £65 or so, not bad for a weekends work as an 11 year old.

Another time I saw a need was in my teens, we didn’t have any discos in our small town, so I hired a coach and charged all the local teens £5 return to goto the disco in the next town, the coach cost me £50 and I filled it with 35 people every Saturday night making over £120 each night. This continued until the coach company saw the how well I was doing and stopped hiring the bus to me and just ran it themselves.

I have also done stints making false Ids for classmates, buying cheap cars and flipping without doing any work, just advertising better, etc...

But now, after reading the MFL, other business books and this forum I have decided it’s time to get back to my fearless youth and just take action like I did back then. The daily grind has been good to me over the past 15 years and enabled me to be comfortable enough financially, but I have just seen the light again and my mind I going mental, like a horse chomping at the bit…. Excited!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Hi xabi ........ Welcome...All people fall into one of two groupings, leaders and followers. There are no others!!... Wantrepreneurs are viewed here on this forum like water metres are viewed in Ireland right now Lol. Luckily, you seem to be part of the leaders in a business sense. There has never been a better time to start a new business in Ireland. And in IT man Wow.The government have never been so accommodating in helping new business start ups here. Even the revenue have finally copped on and are now pro active. Google Localenterprise.ie Currently there is no corporation tax for 3 years with any startup? Subsidised courses in all areas! Gosh I sound like a Finegaeler cronie but I have no time for anyone there in Leinster house. But seriously a number crushing friend of mine recently determined that being self employed as a sole proprietor alone (and staying busy ) gave a differential income of 3/1 average over the first 3 years of a start up business compared to the average PAYE job. Your experiences from a previous youthful mindset possibly predetermined you to think as you do. You could not learn that in any book man! Just think ...You could actually make a difference in the world and create a financial freedom for yourself and your nearest and dearest. Doesn't that exite you ? If it doesn't it should! Wishing you Good luck "mo chara"

xabi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 2, 2014
Ireland
Hi xabi ........ Welcome...All people fall into one of two groupings, leaders and followers. There are no others!!... Wantrepreneurs are viewed here on this forum like water metres are viewed in Ireland right now Lol. Luckily, you seem to be part of the leaders in a business sense. There has never been a better time to start a new business in Ireland. And in IT man Wow.The government have never been so accommodating in helping new business start ups here. Even the revenue have finally copped on and are now pro active. Google Localenterprise.ie Currently there is no corporation tax for 3 years with any startup? Subsidised courses in all areas! Gosh I sound like a Finegaeler cronie but I have no time for anyone there in Leinster house. But seriously a number crushing friend of mine recently determined that being self employed as a sole proprietor alone (and staying busy ) gave a differential income of 3/1 average over the first 3 years of a start up business compared to the average PAYE job. Your experiences from a previous youthful mindset possibly predetermined you to think as you do. You could not learn that in any book man! Just think ...You could actually make a difference in the world and create a financial freedom for yourself and your nearest and dearest. Doesn't that exite you ? If it doesn't it should! Wishing you Good luck "mo chara"

Cheers Timmy,

Will have a look at that link, Had a few ideas around importing goods from China but the import taxes will probably kill it so I need to come at it from a different angle. What business are you in?

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Cheers Timmy,

Will have a look at that link, Had a few ideas around importing goods from China but the import taxes will probably kill it so I need to come at it from a different angle. What business are you in?
Design and marketing of futuristic niche physical product ranges.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...