The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Books, Websites, Anything!

ItaloAmerican

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Apr 22, 2014
Hey everyone!

I am looking forward to start my e-business in the coming years and while I am going to study here in Germany.
I was wondering if anybody would be so kind to share how he/she started his/her career in internet business. What books are helpful? What classes should I take? What are the first steps? I am very young, but I really feel like it's my time to get started NOW.

Looking forward to your answers!
Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ItaloAmerican

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Apr 22, 2014
Thanks guys!
@themaxx I've already read the fastlane and I am currently rereading it, but I'm trying to find other great business authors,too - especially for online business.
@SinisterLex thanks for the tip! Since Christmas is coming up I'm sure to get a couple. Great and long list. Looking forward to dig through them all! I've recognized a few like "Tribes" or "Rework" and I must say they are definitely two good reads.
Keep 'em coming!

Phantom309

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 23, 2010
Panama City,FL
There is a lot of places to get started. Figure out where online you want to earn your money i.e. ecommerce, affiliate marketing, product creation, etc... the list is long.

When I first learned of internet marketing, I started by reading Darren Rowse's problogger, Yaro Starak, Steve Pavlina has some good articles on his site. I would advise caution in some of the sites you visit though because it can cause "shiny object syndrome" to kick in and before long all you'll be chasing is your tail with an inbox full of offers from people offering success over night.

I guess in short, google what you want to know and trust but verify what you read. Also search you tube with some of the names you'll see and watch their speeches, I do this and keep a notebook to make notes to research when I go back to google.

Feel to PM if you would like to know more sites that I visit.

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
Well get moving man! ;)

Dinho7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 7, 2014
South Florida
His book - The Personal MBA is also a great read.

That one is the next on my to-read list. Excited to see somebody vouching for it!

The last few months I've been an avid listener of business podcasts. It is insane how much you can learn and how much motivation you can get from replacing music with interesting podcast episodes.

I would really recommend that you subscribe to podcasts such as Entrepreneur on Fire, Smart Passive Income and Forever Jobless as soon as possible. Listen to it while you are driving, while you are at the gym, or whenever you are doing any mindless task that does not require full attention and focus.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.