The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Turning Ideas Into Results?

Idea threads

Entrepreneur99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 6, 2014
I have got 2-3 poor solutions to minor problems that would make people's lives minutely easier/more convenient. I don't wish to invest much time/effort into these ideas and take any action because I believe they will not be profitable and people won't believe the price would be worth the added convenience. How can I find real problems for which people would love a solution to or a better solution to? I want to make people's lives easier, but I can't find any real problems!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entrepreneur99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 6, 2014
Thanks for the replies, I will start actively asking people (when appropriate) what are some real annoyances for them!!

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Hey what's up entrepreneur

Pretty much what the other posters said basically-- listen to others problems. That is critical. You want to make sure there is a market for it.

Now some things I want to add to help you out, because even though my idea isn't generating money, it is pretty darn close, and I am turning heads on people, so it's just a matter of closing for me.

You want to ask simple questions.

Who, what, why, when, where, how? This should get you started on generating good quality ideas that have a sizable market.

Pay close attention to details, learn from what others did. Experience and mistakes are great teachers, but you can learn from other's mistakes too and speed up your learning curve. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me, because according to the people I used to be around, asking where the library is to learn about something is considered "spoon feeding", and something that would've taken 2-3 months stretched out to about 11 months with time periods of feeling motivation and no motivation at all.

Everything should be studied as a system. Lets say you open up a restaurant, but don't have much experience. What do you do? Study the successful types of restaurant in your business.

Study EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT AND COMPONENT! Break it down to every little bit, and make sure you are doing the right things.

For example, to get people to buy desserts and other items like wine, you want to train your servers with a sales system that teaches them to influence the guests. To get good loyal servers you may want to teach them influential systems that generate big tips for them.

You may want to learn how to become a better leader to keep chemistry and performance up in every department. You want to study how to use promotions like coupons or free meals to get you leverage on new customers and how to keep them coming back to you.

You see how the smallest elements like sales training ties in with keeping new guests in a restaurant? You use the promotions to get new guests, and your staff would give them a great experience, that makes them want to come back. Studying things as a system is important, you must develop an analytic mind like engineers in a sense.

These small details are critical for ANYTHING in life, this is what the most successful people in life do, from athletes like Kobe Bryant to music artists like Drake.

Anyways, hope my 2 cents help, I know it can be long and boring but I hope you use it for motivation!!

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
oh and search google for resources!!
it's so cliche that the internet has almost every information we need, but rarely do people use it.

These days, the first thing I do when I have a question is google it and see what people have to say, credited articles say etc.

Entrepreneur99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 6, 2014

Pretty much what the other posters said basically-- listen to others problems. That is critical. You want to make sure there is a market for it.

Now some things I want to add to help you out, because even though my idea isn't generating money, it is pretty darn close, and I am turning heads on people, so it's just a matter of closing for me.

Who, what, why, when, where, how? This should get you started on generating good quality ideas that have a sizable market.

Pay close attention to details, learn from what others did. Experience and mistakes are great teachers, but you can learn from other's mistakes too and speed up your learning curve. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me, because according to the people I used to be around, asking where the library is to learn about something is considered "spoon feeding", and something that would've taken 2-3 months stretched out to about 11 months with time periods of feeling motivation and no motivation at all.

Everything should be studied as a system. Lets say you open up a restaurant, but don't have much experience. What do you do? Study the successful types of restaurant in your business.

Study EVERY SINGLE ELEMENT AND COMPONENT! Break it down to every little bit, and make sure you are doing the right things.

For example, to get people to buy desserts and other items like wine, you want to train your servers with a sales system that teaches them to influence the guests. To get good loyal servers you may want to teach them influential systems that generate big tips for them.

You may want to learn how to become a better leader to keep chemistry and performance up in every department. You want to study how to use promotions like coupons or free meals to get you leverage on new customers and how to keep them coming back to you.

You see how the smallest elements like sales training ties in with keeping new guests in a restaurant? You use the promotions to get new guests, and your staff would give them a great experience, that makes them want to come back. Studying things as a system is important, you must develop an analytic mind like engineers in a sense.

These small details are critical for ANYTHING in life, this is what the most successful people in life do, from athletes like Kobe Bryant to music artists like Drake.

Anyways, hope my 2 cents help, I know it can be long and boring but I hope you use it for motivation!!
Thanks so much for an in depth reply! This helps a lot. I have a lot of free time which I am trying to use efficiently but apart from reading books recommended by those on here and browsing the forum, I am really stuck as to what I should be doing. The last thing I want to do is start watching TV or sleeping more because I can't find an idea to take action on, feels bad.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Thanks so much for an in depth reply! This helps a lot. I have a lot of free time which I am trying to use efficiently but apart from reading books recommended by those on here and browsing the forum, I am really stuck as to what I should be doing. The last thing I want to do is start watching TV or sleeping more because I can't find an idea to take action on, feels bad.

I definitely understand what you mean.

Also, try not to over think certain things too much. I know it may sound confusing after I just told you to analyze and think deeply when you are executing, but sometimes we have hidden fears and beliefs that keep us from doing action.

To get over this, you must be mindful about your emotions. You should develop a good emotional IQ that allows you to analyze yourself, emotions etc, and be able to adjust accordingly. For example you may discover that you have a "belief" that is creating a fear, and that belief is totally made up, something that you tell yourself because that is what you assume. This would prevent you from doing something that may be beneficial to you otherwise.

Perfect real life example of this is what happened to me last week. Ive been following up on my campaign for like 3 weeks now, and sometimes when I am about to make a sales call, I get the butterflies in my stomach because I am very very new to this (i just got done with a sales training program). for one week I completely stalled, making excuses to why I shouldn't call. "oh it's monday, everyone hates mondays, I should call tomorrow. Oh it's friday, everyone is lazy on friday, i should call on a wednesday" "Oh this campaign was horrible, none of these guys would be interested, they probably threw away my envelope" These fears are very comical to me now, but in the moment of occurrence, they are real, alive, and can be very controlling. So I wrote down what my fears are, by being extremely honest. Then I asked myself if these fears are real or just beliefs I assume or made up. Could it not be possible that the person is very interested in my offer, whether busy or not? What if they want to enroll into my service? Then I ask myself what I am losing when I don't call. And the answer to that is my vision of my life that I want to create (you should visualize every day actually). At this point, my hidden fears and beliefs are destroyed, and now it's time to gain momentum and power, so I tell myself, "I will call everyone on the list and aware them of the great opportunities they have, and if they are not interested, I will still give them some free consultation or advice that will help them progress in their business."

You should also try to be mindful about your emotions and thoughts as well. Maybe certain ideas you have might not be so bad after all. After a thorough analysis and research of the market, you should be able to decide whether it's good or not. Then if you still have something that holds you back, it very well could be your hidden beliefs.

You see, chasing our dreams is not just about creating a better life or getting money. There is a mental and spiritual growth that is equally as important, if not then much more important I believe. We should all strive to be the very best we can be, as a complete person that is smart, compassionate, and a great leader that is a great role model.

You should look into zen meditation, and also learn how to visualize. Your thoughts are powerful, you should learn how to control them. Writing down thoughts is also very powerful I should add, especially for inner change. Very few people change in life because they either don't have a huge tragedy that occurs or that they don't talk to themselves and battle with inner conflict to change themselves. You should write down your conflicts and struggles and thoughts, and answer them honestly. I do this to myself, it is very therapeutic and eye opening. I have been on my way of overcoming certain things like inconsistency and procrastination (not completely over this but I am on my way). Hope it helps

Entrepreneur99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 6, 2014
I definitely understand what you mean.

Also, try not to over think certain things too much. I know it may sound confusing after I just told you to analyze and think deeply when you are executing, but sometimes we have hidden fears and beliefs that keep us from doing action.

To get over this, you must be mindful about your emotions. You should develop a good emotional IQ that allows you to analyze yourself, emotions etc, and be able to adjust accordingly. For example you may discover that you have a "belief" that is creating a fear, and that belief is totally made up, something that you tell yourself because that is what you assume. This would prevent you from doing something that may be beneficial to you otherwise.

Perfect real life example of this is what happened to me last week. Ive been following up on my campaign for like 3 weeks now, and sometimes when I am about to make a sales call, I get the butterflies in my stomach because I am very very new to this (i just got done with a sales training program). for one week I completely stalled, making excuses to why I shouldn't call. "oh it's monday, everyone hates mondays, I should call tomorrow. Oh it's friday, everyone is lazy on friday, i should call on a wednesday" "Oh this campaign was horrible, none of these guys would be interested, they probably threw away my envelope" These fears are very comical to me now, but in the moment of occurrence, they are real, alive, and can be very controlling. So I wrote down what my fears are, by being extremely honest. Then I asked myself if these fears are real or just beliefs I assume or made up. Could it not be possible that the person is very interested in my offer, whether busy or not? What if they want to enroll into my service? Then I ask myself what I am losing when I don't call. And the answer to that is my vision of my life that I want to create (you should visualize every day actually). At this point, my hidden fears and beliefs are destroyed, and now it's time to gain momentum and power, so I tell myself, "I will call everyone on the list and aware them of the great opportunities they have, and if they are not interested, I will still give them some free consultation or advice that will help them progress in their business."

You should also try to be mindful about your emotions and thoughts as well. Maybe certain ideas you have might not be so bad after all. After a thorough analysis and research of the market, you should be able to decide whether it's good or not. Then if you still have something that holds you back, it very well could be your hidden beliefs.

You see, chasing our dreams is not just about creating a better life or getting money. There is a mental and spiritual growth that is equally as important, if not then much more important I believe. We should all strive to be the very best we can be, as a complete person that is smart, compassionate, and a great leader that is a great role model.

You should look into zen meditation, and also learn how to visualize. Your thoughts are powerful, you should learn how to control them. Writing down thoughts is also very powerful I should add, especially for inner change. Very few people change in life because they either don't have a huge tragedy that occurs or that they don't talk to themselves and battle with inner conflict to change themselves. You should write down your conflicts and struggles and thoughts, and answer them honestly. I do this to myself, it is very therapeutic and eye opening. I have been on my way of overcoming certain things like inconsistency and procrastination (not completely over this but I am on my way). Hope it helps
You are a very insightful person I see. I definitely have some hidden beliefs which are holding me back from taking action, I guess I need to find out what they are. I am very grateful for you taking the time to reply to my thread in such detail, I wish you the absolute best of luck with your current venture and hope it turns out to be the one that sets you free.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
The eureka idea may come to you when your not actually trying to find it. Im not saying go mess about but good chance it will come to you when you least expect it.
Hope it does for you.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
At least you have started shifting your focus from 'what can make me money' to 'how can I positively contribute to others lives.' Trust me, we live in a world full of problems, for me, I started with everyday issues I experienced as a consumer with specific products/services.

As the saying also goes, bad news travel faster than good, so, if a product/service is bad, you'd hear about it from the public and a great reminder from TMF - not all times are we required to re-invent the wheel, there are a lot of existing products/services missing that important factor to truly make a difference for others, most times, it's just a matter of paying attention to what 'they're' missing and working on it. You'd be amazed at several products/services we use on a daily basis that can actually be perfected providing an exceptional user experience. Have no fear, you will most certainly find solutions worth optimising.

When you do, no matter how 'drawn out' the procedure may seem when you're about to embark on it - Read: http://www.fastlaneentrepreneurs.co...ything-big-in-life-without-getting-swallowed/ - Process, Process, Process, it really makes the journey/product/service/invention worthwhile.

Have no fear!

Last edited:

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
You are a very insightful person I see. I definitely have some hidden beliefs which are holding me back from taking action, I guess I need to find out what they are. I am very grateful for you taking the time to reply to my thread in such detail, I wish you the absolute best of luck with your current venture and hope it turns out to be the one that sets you free.

Haha really appreciate that man!

Ya just trying to help people out, this whole process is already stressful enough, I think making sure you are digging in the right direction is the least I can do. Just remember, action is the most important thing when it comes to progress, overall, but you can also learn from other's mistakes. So combine the two.

Oh ya and actually I have the perfect article for your "idea generation" problem. It's actually a great link for anyone getting in startups. I just have to find the link in my phone. I'll update you either later tonight or tomorrow for sure.

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014

Ya just trying to help people out, this whole process is already stressful enough, I think making sure you are digging in the right direction is the least I can do. Just remember, action is the most important thing when it comes to progress, overall, but you can also learn from other's mistakes. So combine the two.

Oh ya and actually I have the perfect article for your "idea generation" problem. It's actually a great link for anyone getting in startups. I just have to find the link in my phone. I'll update you either later tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Entrepreneur99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 6, 2014
At least you have started shifting your focus from 'what can make me money' to 'how can I positively contribute to others lives.' Trust me, we live in a world full of problems, for me, I started with everyday issues I experienced as a consumer with specific products/services.

As the saying also goes, bad news travel faster than good, so, if a product/service is bad, you'd hear about it from the public and a great reminder from TMF - not all times are we required to re-invent the wheel, there are a lot of existing products/services missing that important factor to truly make a difference for others, most times, it's just a matter of paying attention to what 'they're' missing and working on it. You'd be amazed at several products/services we use on a daily basis that can actually be perfected providing an exceptional user experience. Have no fear, you will most certainly find solutions worth optimising.

When you do, no matter how 'drawn out' the procedure may seem when you're about to embark on it - Read: http://www.fastlaneentrepreneurs.co...ything-big-in-life-without-getting-swallowed/ - Process, Process, Process, it really makes the journey/product/service/invention worthwhile.

Have no fear!
Really great post here, thanks for the link too, appreciate it lots, now I just have to find that darned problem I can solve!!!

Thanks again man, I look forward forward to reading the article.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Really great post here, thanks for the link too, appreciate it lots, now I just have to find that darned problem I can solve!!!

Lol, hey @Entrepreneur99 , thank you for everything. I will tell you, everything I learnt is MJ DeMarco Gospel, based on his experiences. This community he's built, is truly a one-of-a-kind gem.

The only way I see things now are, "How can I help the situation." I don't even see it as dollars and cents anymore, I'm telling you, the more you look at it that way, the more the answers will come. You're onto greatness though. We're all capable of creating excellent solutions to the problems we face in this world.

The link to the article I shared with you is also teaching me the importance of reverse engineering, it helps complex works become 'doable'.

Cheers on your quest of greatness my friend!

Mel.

Entrepreneur99

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 6, 2014
Lol, hey @Entrepreneur99 , thank you for everything. I will tell you, everything I learnt is MJ DeMarco Gospel, based on his experiences. This community he's built, is truly a one-of-a-kind gem.

The only way I see things now are, "How can I help the situation." I don't even see it as dollars and cents anymore, I'm telling you, the more you look at it that way, the more the answers will come. You're onto greatness though. We're all capable of creating excellent solutions to the problems we face in this world.

The link to the article I shared with you is also teaching me the importance of reverse engineering, it helps complex works become 'doable'.

Cheers on your quest of greatness my friend!

Mel.
Yeah I understand 100% where you're coming from, it's all about changing how you look at EVERYTHING so you are always asking yourself "how can I make this better" or "how can I make this process more efficient". I hope thinking like this will bring me a lot of actionable ideas, time will tell! I wish you the best of luck on your current venture by the way.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Yeah I understand 100% where you're coming from, it's all about changing how you look at EVERYTHING so you are always asking yourself "how can I make this better" or "how can I make this process more efficient". I hope thinking like this will bring me a lot of actionable ideas, time will tell! I wish you the best of luck on your current venture by the way.

Ahhhh - You've got your A-Game on!

Thank you a lot for your great wishes too.

Edward82

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 11, 2014
Dallas, TX

Wow great insight post. I love learning about systems and how to leverage them to basically sell any product/service. If possible I would like to link with you.

onyebuchi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 30, 2014
oh and search google for resources!!
it's so cliche that the internet has almost every information we need, but rarely do people use it.

These days, the first thing I do when I have a question is google it and see what people have to say, credited articles say etc.
splendid! Before I knew nothing about the internet but today 99% of my wealth of internet knowledge is through google search. Anything I don't understand I get from there all free, they are like market helpers. just search any information you need you can get answers. Thumbs up!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.