The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Becoming a K Pop star

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
R

RogueLights

Not exactly.... Hello, this is Lights, most of you don't remember me, but last year I basically had no money, no college, and nothing to aspire for in life... practically had nothing, aimless, no job/career either. I am not going to talk about the process too much on how I execute the ability to live abroad a year in Korea. Anyways, yes, I did that, and I am now on a mission this year to do the research for a historical/contemporary/saga/romance based in Seoul, that will hopefully change Korea for the better. Humanitarian effort, you may call it that. I am not writing the novel right now, but the research is need.

I dreamt of doing this last year (not in Korea at that time, but Mexico), but things don't go the way you always plan I suppose. If I can do this, I know I can write this book, since I had the move mountains to get here.

1: The Commandment of Control. My book, my thoughts, I am in control.

2: The Commandment of Entry. There is only roughly 60,000 English speaking people in Korea, where I am doing my research. How many of them are writers? Probably less than 1,000. How many will write the "type" of novel I am working on. None. My hands are tied, since I have a time restraint of 1 year, with the average 9 to 5 job (got to support my life here), but the opportunity is there.

3: The Commandment of Need. The hot topic in the world right is Korea. I am going to make it marketable for the U.S. and for Korea once it's translated. I see what the U.S. wants, and I kind of see what Korea wants as well. It involves love, war, separation, seeing eyes from another world, the night life... CNN worthy. Lifetime worthy. and even a little MTV.

4: The Commandment of Time. Research for a year, I'll write next year, book will stand for years.

5: The Commandment of Scale. It will be major in US, Korea, and that will expand.

More soon to come...

If it fails... then it'll just be one big research product that I won't ever forget. I have nothing to lose, except time, but I am enjoying my time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
I spent a few months in South Korea back in 2009. I got out the Marines and my girlfriend left me. Hit the drugs and drinking deep. My parents said "Hey, wanna go see where you were born?'. Of course I couldn't turn it down. I stayed with a cousin on my moms side and taught English at at her school. Koreans are taught English through pretty much every level of school they attend. I ended up landing me a girlfriend who knew English pretty well. Man I want to go back LOL! I'm having so many damn problems in my marriage that if it does fall apart, I'll head back to Korea and stay a few months. Oh man I'm rambling. I saw you mentioned K Pop star. Reason I replied is my cousin is friends with some producer who made the Wonder Girls popular. I had no clue who they were, but their music was everywhere while I was in Korea. I hung out with him many times and he's a good friend to my cousin.

Actually just rereading your thread again. Don't see where you're title is relevant to your post. Must be the Corona's in the body.

Either way let me know. I will probably be heading that way in a few months.

Bowden

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Sep 29, 2010
TAMPA, FL
Another tidbit. South Korean drama TV Shows are extremely popular on Hulu with people in the US. And it's not just Korean Americans that tune in. That might be something else to research.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'm confused. What exactly are you doing? Are you in South Korea now? You're thread is titled becoming a K-Pop star but you're talking about a novel for humanitarian purposes

R

RogueLights

Cool. Im near Itaewon.. I have a day job here.... doing the 9 to 5 in a nice office. Learning the culture/basic language right now. Im researching right now so I can make my work as true it can be... which is why Im here. I have to live breath see this culture... conduct interviews, what not.

My job... that took a year to get skills in but its not fastlane.

This is what seperates mediocre authors and the best... Memoirs of a Geisha require live interviews... mine is based on a juicy girl, and an american soldier, much more than just that.... its about Itaewon, the two worlds, process, change, survival, breaking traditions and becoming free. Itaewon is a metaphor for freedom but its a freedom tinge with darkness and shame. The Painted smile Society..... Still Im immersing myself into this world. Kimchi is delicious.

My title was a remembrance of when I said I wanted to be a J pop star a long time ago... im joking about that.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Yes we remember you. Welcome back, and I'm raising my glass. Here's to a more focused and productive stay here on the forum the second time around. Sometimes a restart is just what the doctor ordered. It was for me.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
I'm so confused.

Wait as the thread progresses further. You will be more confused. The original Lights from years ago was famous for making us feel like we were nuts.

@theag and @RichKid is this going to transform into another Emma Watts thread?

G

GuestUser113

DEfnmbE.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your account was deleted as we don't need users with 3 accounts, 1 real account, 1 fake account, and 1 semi-real account. I suggest you login to your original account at @Lights.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
@theag: @Lights was last seen on July 24th, 2013, and RogueInnovation joined on July 28th, 2013...coincidence?

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Cool. Im near Itaewon.. I have a day job here.... doing the 9 to 5 in a nice office. Learning the culture/basic language right now. Im researching right now so I can make my work as true it can be... which is why Im here. I have to live breath see this culture... conduct interviews, what not.

This is what seperates mediocre authors and the best... Memoirs of a Geisha require live interviews... mine is based on a juicy girl, and an american soldier, much more than just that.... Still Im immersing myself into this world. Kimchi is delicious.

My title was a remembrance of when I said I wanted to be a J pop star a long time ago... im joking.

I'm just going to leave everyone with this.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Writing styles are too different.

Or he's smart enough and aware of that, and changing styles...

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Wut is going on....

giphy.gif

I'm going to save people the trouble of having their head explode.

I was under the impression that this thread was about an aspiring K-Pop star, and I find out the OP who apparently has three accounts and calls herself Lights, is actually writing a novel, not becoming a K-Pop star. But wait, I got the wrong idea because the title is just paying homage to a time when "she" wanted to first be a J-Pop star, then a K-Pop star after that. Then afterwards "she" said that she was just kidding about wanting to be a J-Pop and K-Pop star.

And now, it's said that RogueInnovation and Lights are actually the same entity, but they write very differently and have different aspirations; which would suggest a split personality.

You are not crazy. This is actually happening.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Write your reply...

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Try moderating this crazy F*cking nut house.

I'll buy yall a drink if I ever get to meet any of you. Least I can do.

3: The Commandment of Need. The hot topic in the world right is Korea. I am going to make it marketable for the U.S. and for Korea once it's translated. I see what the U.S. wants, and I kind of see what Korea wants as well. It involves love, war, separation, seeing eyes from another world, the night life... CNN worthy. Lifetime worthy. and even a little MTV

As someone who's lived in Korea, I can help you cut down your time right now and give you the formula to make a best-selling novel that, when translated to Korean, will be selling like hotcakes. Ya ready for this one?

Dirt Poor Girl + Douchey Rich Heir + Psycho Stalker Bitch Ex-girlfriend Love Triangle + Incurable Disease to Girl = Best Seller in Korea + Sell Movie Rights to CJ Entertainment.

Story value multipliers:
x2 if girl only has one parent.
x3 if guy went to Harvard.
x1.5 if disease is Amnesia. Disease must be curable. If girl dies, do not use multiplier.

You're welcome.

sambreaker20

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Apr 4, 2011
I thought you were gonna audition to join a girl band lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I'll buy yall a drink if I ever get to meet any of you. Least I can do.

As someone who's lived in Korea, I can help you cut down your time right now and give you the formula to make a best-selling novel that, when translated to Korean, will be selling like hotcakes. Ya ready for this one?

Dirt Poor Girl + Douchey Rich Heir + Psycho Stalker Bitch Ex-girlfriend Love Triangle + Incurable Disease to Girl = Best Seller in Korea + Sell Movie Rights to CJ Entertainment.

Story value multipliers:
x2 if girl only has one parent.
x3 if guy went to Harvard.
x1.5 if disease is Amnesia. Disease must be curable. If girl dies, do not use multiplier.

You're welcome.

x3 If the douchey rich heir's family disapproves of him marrying a peasant, and has plans for him to marry another girl who studied abroad, has rich family, and is gorgeous, but douchey heir just "isn't into her".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.