The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is your personality? Find it out with a quick test!

Carrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Apr 1, 2013
Texas
Sure if you feel it is accurate enough. After all it is no different than getting an annual review at work. The positive things, the things to watch out for and the things that need improvement. If you are intent on going down that road why don't you print out the full analysis then get a few good friends/family that know you well to read it and ask them how accurate they think it is. After all isolated self-diagnosis can be a dangerous path to go down. At least this way you will have a second, third and forth opinion to base your conclusions on.

I agree

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
I'm INFJ...OMG...its so true. Any ideas how I could monetize on this? thanks

people with INFJ personalities tend to exhibit the following characteristics:

• Idealistic
  • Sensitive to the needs of others
  • Highly creative and artistic
  • Reserved
  • Focused on the future
  • Private
  • Values close, deep relationships
  • Enjoys thinking about the meaning of life

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Find some famous people to compare your Myers-Briggs type to

Some of mine are:

U.S. Presidents:
James Monroe
Andrew Jackson
William Henry "Tippecanoe" Harrison
Franklin Pierce
Grover Cleveland
Harry S. Truman
Lyndon B. Johnson
George W. Bush
Other people include:

Elliot Ness
John D. Rockefeller
Bette Davis
Robert A. Taft (U.S. senator, son of Pres. Wm. H. Taft)
Sam Walton, owner and founder of WalMart stores

Kind of cool! ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
ESTJ -Assertive variant
Mind - Extraverted (10%), Energy - Observant (24%), Nature - Thinking (87%), Tactics - Judging (32%), Identity - Assertive (68%).

But I'm glad I trained myself to back off of a lot of things.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
Any ideas how I could monetize on this?

Imo, the big gain from thinking about personality types isn't self-learning. It's thinking about how other people think. We all do this instinctively to some degree, but realizing that you can actually put people into buckets based on how they think and the types of things they prefer can be pretty powerful. Some people seem to react badly to the idea of personality types, but even if the buckets are uneven, leaky, and otherwise imperfect at times, so long as they're close enough to inform your viewpoint to a useful degree, that's all that matters.

For instance, if you want to sell something to software developers and you realize that they exhibit the NT pairing most of the time, you can use what you know about NTs to better design and market to their preferences.

On the other hand, if you're a software developer, you're probably an NT, and you can see that NTs aren't nearly as common in other industries, so if you're developing a product for someone who probably isn't an NT, then you need to be sure that you're looking at things from their point of view and NOT your own.

For a more specific example, when you look at markets that focus heavily on min/maxing and optimization (performance marketers, hardcore mmo players, for example), you see INTJ's wildly over-represented compared to their overall percentage in the general population (like 50% compared to 2%). If you're making a product for a similar market and you aren't designing it to keep an INTJ happy, then you're really missing the mark.

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Any ideas how I could monetize on this?
Nope. I think these kinds of tests are better for employees or sidewalkers.
It's like positive affirmation. You will be successful, look at all these people who were your type. You're going to be great!

The only thing that matters is what you do with the skill set you have. Don't have a skill you need? Learn it.

Just because John Rockefeller, Sam Walton and I have the same type does not mean I'm going to be some Super-Capitalist because of that.
If I want to be a super capitalist like those who came before me, I need to do things like they did.

A

Angus

Nope. I think these kinds of tests are better for employees or sidewalkers.
It's like positive affirmation. You will be successful, look at all these people who were your type. You're going to be great!

The only thing that matters is what you do with the skill set you have. Don't have a skill you need? Learn it.

Just because John Rockefeller, Sam Walton and I have the same type does not mean I'm going to be some Super-Capitalist because of that.
If I want to be a super capitalist like those who came before me, I need to do things like they did.
http://www.reddit.com/r/INTP/comments/150yjm/myersbriggs_it_has_become_the_gold_standard_of/c7imgj5

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
ENTJ - Very cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
ISFP

(Assertive variant).

Breakdown of preferences: Mind - Introverted (39%), Energy - Observant (15%), Nature - Feeling (10%), Tactics - Prospecting (9%), Identity - Assertive (42%).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just took the test...

INFP

www.16personalities.com/infp-personality
http://www.truity.com/personality-type/infp
INFP.png

Can't believe how accurate it is. Describes me perfectly.

D

DeletedUser394

INTP

58% introverted
71% Turbulent (success driven, self conscious, etc)

Role: Analyst

I took the test quickly but fairly accurate. I'm quiet, and I don't like people.

It's pretty cool, some of my heroes are also INTP;

Darwin, Dawkins, Freidman, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas
ITSJ.

Famous ones:

George Washington, Andrew Johnson, Benjamin Harrison, Herbert Hoover, George H.W. Bush, Angela Merkel, Natalie Portman, “Hermione Granger” from Harry Potter series, “Adrian Monk” from Monk, “Dana Scully” from X-Files.

Lots of Presidents on this list.

When I was slowlaning/bootstrapping, I applied for a job @ $10 an hour which would have been a $1 raise. The job also had better benefits than what I was currently getting.

Catch was they personality tested everyone if you passed the initial interview. Which I did. I take the stupid test and I don't get hired for the job which I applied for...but a better one. Turns out the company had paid $200k for a study to figure out the best personality type to work in that specific job. Then waited for someone to apply who could be shuffled there and it was me!

I ended up getting a big raise + bonuses but it was the job that made me realize that I couldn't do the corporate life forever. I quit 10 years ago at age 23 and haven't "worked" since, thank God. The ITSJ personality lists one of my weaknesses as "By the Book" another is "Judgmental" and both are true. I got the job above because why? By the book. I still have, from 12 years ago, the email in my gmail account which says exactly that. So when you all are reading your supposed 'strengths' and 'weaknesses' if you feel they describe you - just keep in mind every cloud has a silver lining and supposed weakness can turn into strength.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
INFJ fits me very well. Right next to Martin Luther King, Mother Theresa, Ghandi! That's the objective in my life. Be a social changer! People have been trying to beat that out of me forever. lol Very interesting it is accurate. Fortunately, right where I'm supposed to be in life pursuing that avenue. Says 2% of adults rare of course. So, that explains why I'm always the odd ball. lol

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
INTJ
Have tested myself 4 or 5 times over a many years...always comes out the same.
Unusual for a female, I gather.

I got INTJ too. We should get married right here since there only are 2% and 0.8% INTJ-s in the world :D

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
lol well they do say you're like the five people you hang out with! We just need to find three more! lol And start our own business group! lol

See how far the infj's get in the millions versus the others! The millionaire hunger games.

Last edited:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
lol well they do say you're like the five people you hang out with! We just need to find three more! lol And start our own business group! lol

See how far the infj's get in the millions versus the others! The millionaire hunger games.

well, you are INFJ, not INTJ so we need four more :D

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
hmm....yes my sleeping is messed up so doesn't surprise me I misread. Seems like when we did this in class they said you can have a combination of more than one type. It was awhile ago though. Still would be interesting to see teams and see how they do things differently for the same goal. Maybe they have research studies on it already.

Yasai

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 26, 2014
Hate to be "that" guy, but the MBTI isn't particularly reliable.
It's a fun little test (like the ones you would find in certain magazines).

The one thing it predicts fairly well is something that you can evaluate with your own two eyes (without the need of a test):
Introversion/Extraversion.

The rest of the test is basically cold-reading :D (similar to a horoscope. Plus if you add stuff like "Only X amount of people are Type-Y!" you can get folks emotionally invested, which is kind of a neat marketing gimmick, isn't it? Creates identification and makes people feel special and stuff, which lowers the chance of rejection).

Psychology tends to reject the MBTI, but on the other hand, we don't market the reliable stuff we figured out, such as the "Big Five Personality Traits".
Oh and you might have guessed it: Introversion and Extraversion is a part of the "Big Five" ;)

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Seems like when we did this in class they said you can have a combination of more than one type.

Yes - Your 4 traits are being plotted on a graph, you will be more or less biased to one "end" of each trait. A classification system like this, being artificial, classifies everyone into a definite group, some people will tend to the extremes of each trait; or not.

For example, I think I was about 60% Introvert I and 40% Extravert - someone else will be 90% Introverted. We are both in the same region of the graph so classified as Introverts. You could be 51% Extravert / 49% Introvert - MBTI would call you an Extravert.

However I think there is value to Myers-Briggs. In looking at how you need to alter your natural communication style to have influence with others I've found it useful (to the extent that I could figure out what type certain people are).

Davo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 9, 2014
Australia
ENFP.

Thanks for posting this.

My weaknesses are pretty much on point, explains why I haven't been able to execute my ideas yet and why I'm not the biggest fan of my day job even though I actually do well at work.

ENFP WEAKNESSES
  • Poor Practical Skills - When it comes to conceiving ideas and starting projects, especially involving other people, ENFPs have exceptional talent. Unfortunately their skill with upkeep, administration, and follow-through on those projects struggles. Without more hands-on people to help push day-to-day things along, ENFPs' ideas are likely to remain just that - ideas. (Anyone want to be the hands-on person?)
  • Find it Difficult to Focus - ENFPs are natural explorers of interpersonal connections and philosophy, but this backfires when what needs to be done is that TPS report sitting right in front of them. It's hard for ENFPs to maintain interest as tasks drift towards routine, administrative matters, and away from broader concepts.
  • Overthink Things - ENFPs don't take things at face value - they look for underlying motives in even the simplest things. It's not uncommon for ENFPs to lose a bit of sleep asking themselves why someone did what they did, what it might mean, and what to do about it.
  • Get Stressed Easily - All this overthinking isn't just for their own benefit - ENFPs, especially Turbulent ones, are very sensitive, and care deeply about others' feelings. A consequence of their popularity is that others often look to them for guidance and help, which takes time, and it's easy to see why ENFPs sometimes get overwhelmed, especially when they can't say yes to every request.
  • Highly Emotional - While emotional expression is healthy and natural, with ENFPs even viewing it as a core part of their identity, it can come out strongly enough to cause problems for this personality type. Particularly when under stress, criticism or conflict, ENFPs can experience emotional bursts that are counter-productive at best.
  • Independent to a Fault - ENFPs loathe being micromanaged and restrained by heavy-handed rules - they want to be seen as highly independent masters of their own fates, even possessors of an altruistic wisdom that goes beyond draconian law. The challenge for ENFPs is that they live in a world of checks and balances, a pill they are not happy to swallow.

Time to work on my weaknesses and make use of my strengths :cool:

Risk

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 24, 2014
INTP

58% introverted
71% Turbulent (success driven, self conscious, etc)

Role: Analyst

I took the test quickly but fairly accurate. I'm quiet, and I don't like people.

It's pretty cool, some of my heroes are also INTP;

Darwin, Dawkins, Freedman, etc

INTP all day bruh. It kind of sucks in a naturally extroverted society. Typical small talk and niceties are really redundant and annoying to me and I wish they weren't. I mean I can be decently social but I envy the way extroverts can light up and naturally really connect with people they just met while talking about basically nothing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting that many of the people here who are doing the test are Introvert variants. You'd think the Fastlane philosophy would appeal mostly to extroverts.

A good book on introverts/extraverts is Quiet... it was last month's giveaway and it's pretty good in regards to how society favors the extrovert ideal while us introverts are kinda left behind to figure things out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.