The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Emailing my email list

Marketing, social media, advertising

RichyV

Death Is Winning. Do Something.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Aug 31, 2014
Hi guys,

This is the first idea I've brought to reality, so excuse my ignorance. So I'm using FB adds to drive traffic to my lead magnet, which is a free ebook in return for their email.

I've built up a small email list so far (<100) and I'm beginning to look into emailing that list to get sales on my core product.

I've looked into MailCheat(Chimp), Constant Contact and GetResponse and in all their EU anti-spam policies they require your physical address to be sent with the email. The problem is I'm living with my parents (in the UK) and don't want to go sending out this address to the internet.

Any suggestions as to how to get around this?

Cheers,
Rich

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

geekboy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
I wouldn't worry about it. The address will only be shown in the footer of the emails you send so its not like it will be indexed by search engines or anything.

If your that concerned you could always sign up for a virtual office address but personally I wouldn't bother, especially at such low send volumes.

I've used my home address on mail chimp before and never received any post related to the business name registered with them

voltron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 26, 2014
Canada
For MailCheat(Chimp) i just used a fake address in my city. Im on the free plan which is good up to 2.5k subscribers so its no big deal

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
Hi guys,

This is the first idea I've brought to reality, so excuse my ignorance. So I'm using FB adds to drive traffic to my lead magnet, which is a free ebook in return for their email.

I've built up a small email list so far (<100) and I'm beginning to look into emailing that list to get sales on my core product.

I've looked into MailCheat(Chimp), Constant Contact and GetResponse and in all their EU anti-spam policies they require your physical address to be sent with the email. The problem is I'm living with my parents (in the UK) and don't want to go sending out this address to the internet.

Any suggestions as to how to get around this?

Cheers,
Rich

100% of people will overlook the address and by the time you've gotten to the point where it's remotely an issue, you'll have enough cash fromy our success to be living on your own anyways. Don't sweat it.

It's a LAW to prevent spam. If you want you can spend cash on a PO box, but honestly save the $ for other things. so long as you're not doing anything BAD you'll be fine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sam Buchalter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 22, 2014
Totally agree with geekboy.. at such a low volume, that's not even a concern.. these autoresponders are required by law to put
footers into their emails with contact info for the sender... but that doesn't mean that they have to verify all of them now does it ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.