The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it a waste of time to read too much?

Visionquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 22, 2014
Reading is HUGE. I say you can never do too much of it if it is helping keep you motivated. I rarely read books about business and strategy. That is much better learned from networking and people. I read about successes in life. Carnage,Gates,MFL. Books that I can read in small increments each day. This keeps me motivated and inspired. If they can do it so can I. They are or were human just like me. I read every day just not all day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
I am personally not reading another book until I achieve a certain level of success.

It seems books are great for generating big ideas but when starting at the bottom action simply trumps everything.

Instead: mentors have been extremely effective for me. Shaving off a huge learning curve with their personal experiences and connections. I pay them or give them back some kind of value to keep the apprenticeship going while soaking up as much as possible. I volunteer to do business stuff for them. Because you can convince yourself to not do something, but when you owe that something to another person, you will get up from your a$$, do it and make sure you never F*ck up.

jilla82

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jun 4, 2012
Chicago
Bill Gates and Warren Buffett read for hours every day.
Not too many people more successful than them.

The key is to read, but also do.

I look at books as your own personal mentors.
Most of the greats of our time have written books. How great is it that you can download their thoughts into your brain?
Who better to learn business than Sam Walton? Charlie Munger?

Plan your day out...set time aside to read each day...and also make sure you set time to take action.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.