The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kickstarter question.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Hey guys.

I apologize in advance if this is not right section, didn't know where to post this.

Anyways, will I be able to run a successful campaign for a product not created by me but rather by a manufacturer in a different country. They have the product patented but I am sure several improvements can be made.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I don't really know much about kickstarter campaigns, but one question that would plague me is, "why aren't the developers trying to raise money on their own?"

Personally, if I was to give money for kickstarting, I wouldn't want to give it to a third party because I would feel my monetary contributions are being diluted.

Same reason why I'm really picky about donating to charities, because I'm aware of how little money actually goes to those you are trying to help sometimes.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
Hey guys.

I apologize in advance if this is not right section, didn't know where to post this.

Anyways, will I be able to run a successful campaign for a product not created by me but rather by a manufacturer in a different country. They have the product patented but I am sure several improvements can be made.

Thanks!

Are you making the improvements and re-packaging the product under your own company? Are you working with that company and improving their product and plan on selling it and partnering up with them?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.