The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

bbrrookie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 12, 2014
Miami, FL
I just finished reading the book. I was engulfed in it and enjoyed the advice you were able to provide. Now that I am finished it all seems pretty overwhelming with so many directions I can go. I hope with time it I can sort myself out a bit and start trucking forward.

Thank you for the book. The inspiration it brought me is amazing

Jesseca

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 20, 2014
Singapore
I am still reading the book, last 1/5 and it will be completed! The shipping of this book from book depositary took ages to reach me, not sure if it's because I'm based in Singapore. I am very tempted to "quit the damn job" and I do not like the feeling to be working for others at all. I just feel that I'm wasting my time away working for others. I just graduated 1.5 years ago from university and am unsure how much is sufficient for an online business startup, does anyone has any tips?

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I finished it like 3 weeks ago. It was exactly what I needed. It's THE book for aspiring entrepreneurs, period. It made me realize what I've been doing wrong. If I had read it before it would have saved me so much time.

I realized I wasn't focusing enough on NEED. Your thought process changes dramatically when you focus on this. I truly feel like I am so close now, thanks to this book. I've been failing for years, but each time I learn more and more, and MJ's book truly provided me with the last piece I needed.

About a week and a half after I read it, I came up with something. I'm building an MVP right now, that I'm forcing myself to finish in no longer than 10 days. I used to spend 6 months building stuff that not enough people needed or that I had really no USP for.

RRR

"The Website GOD™"
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 23, 2013
Everywhere
MJ, I did buy and read the paperback a while ago now, it was so good I bought another copy for the better half!
Quite simply it was the best Business Book Of The Year for me when I read it, and I read lots of books...

It truly is 'Think and Grow Rich' for the Modern Man!

:rockon:

Feek

Serial Entreprefailer
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 15, 2014
Boston
Read the book, and while I'm a serial (failed) entrepreneur, I've always questioned if I was failing because I was thinking about the way to properly behave while running a business was wrong. It wasn't, I was getting in my own way by allowing myself to get discouraged too easily. The book really gave me the confidence to move forward again. Thank you, MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marcel1986

On a trip in the fastlane....
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jul 8, 2009
World citizen living in Spain / Germany
I´ve read TMF like many other success books, but this is the only one i really took something with my that was life changing.
It changed the way i think, about life, about ideas and how is see people living the slowlane life....
And the life of my dad as well ;) I made him read it and now we are making out projects together !

Last edited:

Visionquest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 22, 2014
I read the book. Have to say that I did truly love it. New to the forum. I do think MJ takes a slightly harsh stance on visualization and the process of meditation and asking the universe for help. He says this is not real but at the same time references how when he witnessed his first Lamb at a young age he immediatly thought about how he would get one. Then later references how when a young man sees MJ's Lambo he snaps pics and says I will never be able to afford this. This is not only telling yourself that your not good enough it is also telling the universe your not good enough. I truly believe that MJ harps on the fact that we need to take action. I believe that whole heartedly, yet there are many people on this forum that can't seem to find what to take action on. This is where i believe silence meditation and visualization of where you see yourself in the future comes into play. It can and will inspire ACTION because you will find your WHY or WHAT. If you don't have that it all feels like work. I have been building a wealth acceleration model for about 7 years and now am increasingly seeing more and more passivity but even through those 7 years i have had time whee i want to say F%#& this all. It all feels like work! That is when I know I am not in touch with the inner me the one who is at peace the one with the vision to become what everyone else thinks is crazy. These are the times when I rely heavily on meditation and visualization to keep me focused. I do what I love and I am with people that I love and I have a great life, but even the best things in life can feel like work.
Just my two cents. I am in no way saying anything bad about the book. I really loved the entire read.
Thanks for taking the time to write it because I am always looking for things to keep the inspiration.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I've read the Millionaire Fastlane . It filled in many gaps that weren't covered in the hundreds of wealth books that I've read before. My biggest take away was how important time is compared to everything else. Thanks!

Wilk1999

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 26, 2014
I've read it, I've written down every single thing I've learned from it and I will work to put it in practice

wzrd

The Creator
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 9, 2014
Portugal
Finished reading a week ago.

This book has become the number one suggestion I propose to my friends when it comes to reading (specifically, business book & even self-help ones).

I could sit here and praise the book on-end but I'm going to simply say that:
This has managed to shed sunlight in a cloudy place inside my head. I'm a better person thanks to this book and surely, "destiny" has been altered yet again. I can't say it's a life changer yet, but i'm sure my life will change thanks to the teachings inside it.

My sincere thanks MJ.

Last edited:

William Gibson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2014
I finally finished tmfl!
I enjoyed it, and it definitely gets you thinking about other options in life and how o get there.
This book opened up my closed box of education, and employment is the only way to go in life. When in reality its not even the most efficient
thank you mj

G

Grimaldo

I have read The Millionaire Fastlane too. By far my favorite book.
After reading dozens oof self-help and business books I can say that this book is the only one that changed my life.
You are one of my heros MJ! Thank you for writing this amazing book!

xabi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 2, 2014
Ireland
Read the book, what can i say, along with my short time on this forum its the most life changing thing ever to happen to me, its very well written, no bull, just inspiration.... Thanks.

EricZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 18, 2014
Germany & California
Whenever I get demotivated I read "Think and Grow Rich" - it's a free .pdf in the internetarchive.org!
But there's a really cool version of it for .99 cents in Amazon with a free audio book too, this one is really good, I listen to it in the car.
I think TAGR is more motivational and very good for the mindest, whereas MFL is for here and now, I mean right now and also it answers the "HOW" and "WHY", I consider the two books the one-two punch.
And MFL is the last book I am ever going to read about making dough and being successful - thanks again MJ!

http://mwttfm.blogspot.com/2014/10/this-is-last-book.html
--ACHTUNG!-- those are affiliate links in this blog

Dad2Four

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 30, 2014
I finished the book yesterday, gifted two copies, one to my son, one to my dad, and have suggested to many already.

Day before yesterday I wanted to find a place so that I could talk to people that think like me. I came across the fastlane forum, saw the advertisement for the book, grabbed it and started reading.

I'm 48 and I've wanted a business as long as I have been alive. I started coding in 78' and code pro today. I never wanted to work in the corporate world but did and still do today to support my family.

I've never stopped dreaming about running my own show however.

My most recent attempt is soloadauctions.com, don't worry I'm not spamming by dropping that URL, it's a failed website that I built in a partnership with some Internet Marketers I met online that swore this was "the next big thing". Apparently it wasn't, hehe.

None the less, my quest continues.

I gobbled this book up as fast as I could because I was learning a ton and having many of my thoughts confirmed/validated. The book was like a drug for me, for real. I was totally bummed to finish it and have already started rereading it but much slower this time. The crazy thing is that Amazon Kindle has been recommending the book to me for who knows how long. I see the book came out in 2010!!!! how on Earth did I miss it until now and where might I be today had I read it 4 years ago!!!!

I've already been going through my first idea today based on what I learned in the book. Being a coder I lean toward building a SAAS or E-commerce or something along those lines. I won't choose my business based on what I Love, that's never been the goal. I've had little adsense sites that have generated money for almost 4 years now but never dove into it because I didn't want my earnings all coming from Google thus being vulnerable.

I have wanted to build something legit, valuable, needed, helpful. I want to change the world, to make an impact. I want to make as many people happy or help them in some way. Of course this lines up with the Fastlane way of thinking.

Thanks a trillion to you MJ for taking the time to write the book and thanks to all of the contributors that I've already learned an incredible amount from here on the forum today.

local182

Level 10 Druid
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 24, 2014
Winnipeg Canada
MFL was recommended to me October 18th (thanks @thorn). Finished reading October 19th. Now if I could only pull myself away from reading all the interesting stories posted here on The Fastlane Forums I could start working on what I need to do to reach my own fastlane goals.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MFL was recommended to me October 18th (thanks @thorn). Finished reading October 19th. Now if I could only pull myself away from reading all the interesting stories posted here on The Fastlane Forums I could start working on what I need to do to reach my own fastlane goals.

Level 10 Druid... is that from my book? It sounds like something I'd write/wrote. LOL.

local182

Level 10 Druid
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 24, 2014
Winnipeg Canada
Level 10 Druid... is that from my book? It sounds like something I'd write/wrote. LOL.

It was most definitely from your book.

The exact line was "This person is a Level 10 Druid in the World of Warcraft" asked as a question in determining whether someone was rich or poor in the valuation of their time.

I guess it's true when they say the pen is mightier than the sword. Despite having survived the Wrath of the Lich King and the Catalcysm, poor Sylvanthas (my unfortunately > Level 10 Druid) met his end on The Millionaire Fastlane !

stevethe bungee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 18, 2007
cyprus
Now that there are tens of thousands of copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ
Thanks, MJ I have just started it, really good so far.

PS, I try to learn something new every day, i am currently building my 1st website which is something really new to me.

Nomads

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 3, 2014
Just finished the book after being lazy for quite some time. It's completely kicked me into gear - instead of using spare time moping around and hoping something comes up I am actively seeking the chance to create an opportunity for myself. I'm truly excited and can't wait to go over the book again to further push the concepts into my way of life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.