The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This is how much college costs

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
The only reason I am choosing to go to college is because tuition is paid for as long as I pass the class, and I get paid while going. For this first year, all I have to do is show up to pass, so I have time to build myself outside of those 17 hours each week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
What's frightening is that a lot English used on these posts ... are just, well very sorry guys, terrible.

So, if you did go to College, ask for a refund.

"I hate to the bearer of bad news but your not going to get too far without at least a high school diploma, let alone without a college degree..... Good Luck with the 7/11 job."

The correct English is : It needs to have the verb > to be, you are the bearer, hence BE.

Your is possession, as in Your car, it is YOUR car. BUT, you are, shortened to you're, as in > he is, she is, you are not going..... etc......

Too, is also a misnomer, try, VERY far, I did not get VERY far, better that I did not get TOO far, think about it.

I hate to BE the bearer of bad news but YOU'RE not going to get VERY far without at least a high school diploma, let alone without a college degree..... Good Luck with the 7/11 job.

But hey what ever does it for you, no hard feelings, but please, just ..... well, use English correctly.

Have a nice day.

D

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I hate to be an a**hole and I try not to post on shit-tier threads (or do much flaming, for that matter), but HOLY SHIT this is getting old.

SO MANY users have been getting blocked by me in the past 3 days.

D

DeletedUser394

What's frightening is that a lot English used on these posts ... are just, well very sorry guys, terrible.

Your first sentence is a mistake as you're missing at least one word between 'lot' and 'English'. Not to mention it's 'is' and not 'are' after your ellipsis. You are also incorrectly placing commas throughout your text.

But hey what ever does it for you, no hard feelings, but please, just ..... well, use English correctly.

'What ever' is also incorrect in that context. 'Whatever' is correct.

@Tommy92l: This is a case study in proper irony.

D

DeletedUser394

I hate to be an a**hole and I try not to post on shit-tier threads (or do much flaming, for that matter), but HOLY SHIT this is getting old.

SO MANY users have been getting blocked by me in the past 3 days.

y u no liek Watson Emma??

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
Your first sentence is a mistake as you're missing at least one word between 'lot' and 'English'. Not to mention it's 'is' and not 'are' after your ellipsis. You are also incorrectly placing commas throughout your text.

'What ever' is also incorrect in that context. 'Whatever' is correct.

@Tommy92l: This is a case study in proper irony.
LOL, RichKid,

You found them, full stars for you, very good.

U speak English good, yah?

I think we're wasting our time, here, moving on.............

Later,

D

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
LOL, RichKid,

You found them, full stars for you, very good.

U speak English good, yah?

I think we're wasting our time, here, moving on.............

Later,

D
For the record, the word is OF, otherwise known as a Proposition.

As goes IS, is is singular, very good, hence ARE is incorrect, because it is not referencing the POSTS,
but the English used in the POSTS............

As for the , commas, just a thing to get people to use the :

"Uh like I guess............"

Which in itself is, well....... a guess, MMMmmm....

As for WHATEVER, we have made our own American English as opposed to an English, English.

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/definition/whatever

Have fun.

Later,

D

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
@RichKid
Had a crush on her since the Sorcerer's Stone...
images
upload_2014-10-21_11-23-5.jpeg

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
When I see a college thread comming up...

uploadfromtaptalk1413917449425.jpg

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)
Yes, because without a degree you will never find a job. Read my signature for more info.

Not true. I had $100K/yr jobs without a degree. Heck, without eveng being a native speaker.
Degrees CAN help, but as experience it is only the PERSON itself that can make time/money investment useful and fruitful.

David P

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Sep 27, 2014
LOL, RichKid,

I like Emma, too!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMm, reminds me, I need to revisit > 4chan.....

Later,

D

D

DeletedUser394

Since this is a college thread... She actually graduated from Brown University... While filming multiple Harry Potter movies and a couple of indie flicks. [HASHTAG]#true[/HASHTAG] hustler

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Hey Mj or @Vigilante would it be possible to add this extension or something similar? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ignore-more-by-waindigo.3375/
Personally for me it would make the forum experience much more enjoyable if I could just ignore some "college" or "news" threads that keep coming up, from appearing on my news feed.
Just my opinion though. Thanks.

Blhhi

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 23, 2014
Your original argument was not against your own business or comparing the two at all. I'm simply stating that from an investment standpoint $$$$$$$ - Getting a degree pays itself off and returns you money that is higher on average than not having a degree for the rest of your life. If you were looking at it from this investment standpoint, you wouldn't be able to argue that not only is college the safer investment but, on average also has higher returns.

My original argument was "This is how much college costs."

To the people posting Emma Watson pictures: Thanks for introducing me to the ignore feature!

Keep hijacking threads, baby.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hey Mj or @Vigilante would it be possible to add this extension or something similar? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ignore-more-by-waindigo.3375/
Personally for me it would make the forum experience much more enjoyable if I could just ignore some "college" or "news" threads that keep coming up, from appearing on my news feed.
Just my opinion though. Thanks.

@MJ DeMarco

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

Steve Corcoran

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 11, 2014
British Columbia, Canada
I went to college, I graduated debt free.

College thought me work ethic and effort. I worked 2 jobs to pay for college. I didn't qualify for financial aid and I HATE loans that you can't leverage. so I worked, my first job started at 5am, I got out around 10am or 12pm depending on the day and from there, went home, ate, and headed to school. I would do 1 or 2 classes, head home and start work at 5pm. I was big on doing homework at school, almost immediately from when it was assigned.

I did that since 2008 and graduated this May, yeah it took long but like I said, I'm debt free with a degree. I gave up a lot of sleep in order to be able to go to school, I wasn't an average student either I got mostly B's. However debt doesn't control me or my future decisions. I can quit my job right now and live off my savings.

Honestly if you put in the effort its easy to finish school without debt and with a respectable GPA. Work your a$$ off, on and off the job, put in the effort and be at the top of your class.
College has really been helping me. You keen all the fundamentals of business and discipline. My college also has lots of entrepreneur courses and a great marketing degree

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.