The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Iphone Repair Business

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
So i just started my first year in college and noticed everyone has smartphones and 80% of the people have iphones. I looked on craigslist for an iphone repair business around here and found none. My school has 20,000 people. I was thinking about just posting flyers around campus and such.

I kept thinking and thought to myself that this isnt really scale able.I then thought that about creating a website where people with broken electronics can send me their broken electronics in the mail and i mail it back fixed.

The only problem is that i have no idea on how to fix electronics. Anyone have any advice on where to start?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
The only problem is that i have no idea on how to fix electronics. Anyone have any advice on where to start?
...the internet? Youtube/google/how-to articles

My sister called the other day and told me that her screen on her phone is broken and she's bought a new screen off ebay and asked if I knew how to change it. Since, she's family, I told her yeah I know how to do it (I didn't) and had her bring it to me. I then determined the model, found a full tutorial from Youtube and got to work. Got it done relatively quickly

With iPhone's it's even easier, there's a tutorial for everything you can imagine

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@Twiizlar ... sounds like a great opportunity !

Where I live, I see several ads on craigslist for repair services and I know of 2 brick and mortar businesses. I have a friend who owns a cell phone store that also does repairs.

And YouTube...definitely.

Ronnie

Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 18, 2013
New York
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be negative. But I've noticed you've jumped around quite a bit with your business ideas. If I recall you first started with a sneaker selling platform then a local cleaning company that became a mobile detailing company and now an iPhone repair business all in the span of a few months.

I'm no business guru nor am I in the Fastlane currently, but this is a little troubling to me. Not because you have a lot of ideas, but I fear you'll never get to where you want to be because you don't go 100 percent on an idea.

Just my input, didn't want to seem mean or ill-willed.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Just got my first client today. All i did was post to my college reddit page asking if im allowed to post flyers around campus or i need permission. He contacted me on reddit and after some messages i will be fixing his cracked iphone 5 for $100. I just bought the tools and the replacment screen for $40 today and will wait until saturday for them to come in so i can fix his screen. $60 profit with no advertising. It is not even as established business yet!

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
Marketing Ideas:

- Post flyers around campus (need to get permission first)
- Hand out flyers to students walking to and from class
- Buy an ad in the college news paper
- Social media

ShadowX

Be Grateful
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2013
My uncle tried this, there is definitely customers out there willing to pay that much for phone repairs. Bro why don't you hire your own repairer who gets some wages too? And that way all you have to worry about is sales and marketing.

Twiizlar

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Mar 4, 2012
My uncle tried this, there is definitely customers out there willing to pay that much for phone repairs. Bro why don't you hire your own repairer who gets some wages too? And that way all you have to worry about is sales and marketing.
I will most likely do that after a while to create passive income. Right now i want to learn the business i am in and actually fix some phones. Also i have some free time so why not keep all of the profits. Maybe once i start to get over 2 customers a day i will hire someone to do all repairs.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Bro why don't you hire your own repairer who gets some wages too?
^^One of the 1st things I thought of. Then...I thought...if it were me working for you, I'd learn all I can, then start my own business.
With that said, I would have people that work for you sign a non-compete clause.

chipmx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 16, 2014
Cancun
This is very much a scalable business. Check out the story of ubreakifix. Started 5 years ago and now doing $13.4 million in revenues.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2013/02/ubreakifix-launches-franchise-unit.html

Awesome article, thank you

I have a videogame repair bussiness and I was wondering , its my bussiness scalable? now I have some guide. yes in the past I was thinking if I do some extra money with my bussiness, why cant other people do the same, (franchising) tnx

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.