The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book Two of Series

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
It's been a while since I posted. Time to provide an update :)

I have been writing 2,000 words every day towards book two of my series. I am at 50,000 words. Book 1 I had 70,000. This one might be more like 90,000 and should have the rough draft done by Thanksgiving. It's amazing how much one's writing can improve just by sitting down and writing 2,000 words every single day. I feel I have really stepped it up a notch.

Book one, A Fractured World, has received 16 reviews on Amazon so far. 14 5-star and 2 4-star. My sales are slowing down. I sell maybe 1 kindle edition per week. But, since I have reached beyond the halfway point of book 2 I had the cover done. Aubrey Rose created it, and it's the same theme as the first one.

Book Two: A Fractured Truth

FracturedTruth3d-254x300.png

This is what I am thinking for a blurb for the back:

Prepare to be blown-away in this riveting new sequel to A Fractured World, and book two of the Shadow King series. This thriller will take you down yet another rabbit-hole of mind-bending phenomenon and action-packed adventure. Jack Redman and David Williams have already fled their world in an attempt to not only save their lives, but to restore the future of mankind. What they discover on the other side is nothing what they had ever expected nor something they could ever prepare for.

In the future year of 2031, Davy Murphy and his wingman Shawn Randall, two Air Force fighter pilots, set out on a secret mission to uncover the truth regarding three nuclear weapons that nearly wiped-out half the population of the United States. As events take a turn for the worst, Shawn soon unearths a shocking new secret that had been buried for more than sixty-eight years. He has no choice but to follow the clues, leading him and his future wife straight into a fight for their own lives.

Will Jack Redman and Shawn Randall do their part to prevent further destruction and reverse the course of history?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Update: The book ended up being around 104,000 words. I am in the final editing/proofreading stages. I've gone through it about 5 times, making changes, rewriting, etc. I am not sure how soon I will be publishing but I'm certainly not too far away. I got bogged down a bit through the holiday season with family and friends in the area, etc, but I hit the new year with full steam...

As of book 1, I am around 155 total sales. I probably gave out a couple dozen as gifts -- first novel and all...

Book 2, I probably won't be so generous. If people liked book 1 enough, they'll pick up book 2. I won't force that one on anyone lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I just received another 5-star review. February 17 is the official release of book 2 of the series. Can't wait.

20 reviews:
17 5-star
3 4-star

Last edited:

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Update: Okay so I decided to run a couple promos and more promos coming this week. Once I published book 2 I dropped book one's price temporarily to 99 cents and ran the promos and sold more than I thought I would. It dropped my book's rank to #11,000 in the kindle store after being at [HASHTAG]#350[/HASHTAG],000 and it sat there for a bit. It's definitely moving back slowly but there is a promo running later in the week and people claim it's a good one and may see 2 to 3 times the sales I did with my first promos. We'll see how it goes. Don't want to count my chickens before they are hatched.

Although I am sitting with 21 reviews for book 1 and 4.9 stars, I have yet to receive any new reviews from the promo. I assume it takes time for people to read it, if they ever decide to get to it at all.

But it was an exciting couple of days for me. I sold more books in 2 days than I did over the course of the last 6 months just on book 1. Book 2 is slow out of the starting gate though but I have sold a fair amount. Nothing to get excited over at this point.

Well, off to write book 3. :)

Last edited:

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
It's been a while since I checked in. Things have been real interesting. A few weeks ago I dropped the price of book 1 in the series and ran some promos and my sales skyrocketed. In fact, A Fractured World landed at #73 in action-thrillers in the kindle store for about 2 days ahead of Tom Clancy's Dead or Alive which is his 2nd book in the popular Jack Ryan series. Unfortunately my book wasn't able to sustain that rank but good things did happen for a few days when it was up there. Here is the proof below. I had to take a screen shot hahaha.

I find that getting people to leave reviews is a challenge. I am still hovering at 4.7 stars with 25 reviews. I would like to double that number. In the meantime I am working hard on book 3 to get that out. People are really liking book 2 and want book 3 ASAP. I'm hoping to have it released in early Fall.

Amazon-Best-Sellers-Best-Action-Thriller-Fiction.png

Smoog

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Mar 19, 2015
I try leave a review when I finish an eBook from my kindle - but it's usually when I really enjoy one. Otherwise I tend not to bother. I don't know if other people have the same mentality. Anyway, congrats on your success so far. I'm definitely going to continue following your thread [emoji4]

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.