The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ongoing Terrorist Attack on Canadian Parliament

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
And how often do you visit those exactly?

Reserves and feeling safe in inner city canada are two separate things entirely.

This is getting way too political.
Pretty much never, but I don't visit the ghettos in America either. Also there are many cities in Canada which aren't exactly to be out in late at night. Winnipeg for example.

You're right, I find we're getting off topic.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
In Vancouver, security has been heightened. There's more police presence in the city and around major transit areas. A lot of people are worried Van will be hit too.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Of course not, but as with ebola, and everything else, we have to keep things in perspective. To play devil's advocate, on a per capita basis, you are 5 times more likely to be murdered by a person wielding a firearm in the united states, which obviously has much more freedom with regards to firearms.

Last year, in Ottawa, where this took place, there were a grand total of 9 homicides. Only 2 of which were gun related. In a city of nearly 900,000 people.

Canada is one of the safest places on earth. Because one lunatic goes off on a rampage every couple of years with a gun should not bring about any change whatsoever. I live in a city of over a million, and I can walk alone at 3am in the shady areas of the city without encountering any issues whatsoever.. in fact, there aren't even any bad areas around here. We don't have ghettos.

Canada is not the USA, and the two can't be compared with issues such as this.

I'm proud of what my country represents, and I damn well hope it stays that way.

Anyway, there are no politics on this forum.

Not trying to turn this political or make it a comparison of USA/Canada. I don't like when people who don't live in the US try to tell us how our gun laws should operate. Certainly am not trying to do that to any Canadians in this thread.

That post was targeted towards people in the US. But you're right, no political talk from me, Scout's honor. Let's get back on topic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Not trying to turn this political or make it a comparison of USA/Canada. I don't like when people who don't live in the US try to tell us how our gun laws should operate. Certainly am not trying to do that to any Canadians in this thread.

Never once did I say what America should do. In fact, I don't care what is done down there (at all).

Seeing as this thread is about a current event that transpired in Canada, I assumed you were talking about Canadian gun control.

I've asked that this thread be locked. We'll see what happens.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Never once did I say what America should do. In fact, I don't care what is done down there (at all).

Seeing as this thread is about a current event that transpired in Canada, I assumed you were talking about Canadian gun control.

I've asked that this thread be locked. We'll see what happens.

I know you didn't...? Reread my post, it wasn't directed towards you.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I have many American friends. There great people. United states is bad A$$ through and through. And experienced the most tragic and horrific act of terrorism I' can think of. I'm not AT ALL shocked that some nut downtown actually tried shooting someone. We have violent gangs in Ottawa. But the gangs don't run into the front door of The most Iconic building in canada.

D

DeletedUser394

I know you didn't...? Reread my post, it wasn't directed towards you.

Who in this thread attempted to tell Americans how to live then? How is it relevant to even bring up if nobody suggested anything to begin with.

At no point in this thread did anyone say anything with regards to how the USA should operate with respect to firearms.

If you're referring to topherea it's fairly obvious which side of the aisle he sits on (from previous posts, or even posts in this thread), and even then he wasn't saying anything about how Americans should or shouldn't live.

Mind you, there's one or two people in this thread that I have blocked, so maybe I'm not seeing the relevant posts.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Who in this thread attempted to tell Americans how to live then? How is it relevant to even bring up if nobody suggested anything to begin with.

At no point in this thread did anyone say anything with regards to how the USA should operate with respect to firearms.

If you're referring to topherea it's fairly obvious which side of the aisle he sits on (from previous posts, or even posts in this thread), and even then he wasn't saying anything about how Americans should or shouldn't live.

Mind you, there's one or two people in this thread that I have blocked, so maybe I'm not seeing the relevant posts.

That's the one. Like I said, I wasn't sure what his stance was being as his post sounded like an oxymoron to me.

I'll delete the post if it's bothering you. Part of my family is Canadian, I'm not trying to take jabs at the country. If you're looking for insults, I would recommend checking smarty's post on the 1st page of this thread. Though if he's one of the blocked people, disregard this advice.

I'm also on board for closing the thread, it's strayed away from it's purpose.

D

DeletedUser394

It's all good.

I respect you, so there's no point taking this further. Misunderstandings.

I would recommend checking smarty's post on the 1st page of this thread. Though if he's one of the blocked people, disregard this advice.

;)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
When the Islamic State rolled into Iraq, Iraqi soldiers threw down their guns, and ran away.

Threw down their guns and ran away!

"These lunatics are coming here to slaughter our men, rape and torture our women and children; we'd better save ourselves while we can."
And thus, this is apparently the situation.

carte-syrie-irak_EN.png

Should look like this IMO:

5qBbNRv.png

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
All : the original intent of the OP was, as a Canadian resident, to comment on the events as they unfold in Canada. It is a horrific tragedy. There's a LOT of commentary out there on it from perspectives of the political and religious ramifications.

We've had numerous requests to shut the thread down as it is teetering on the edge of politics and religious discussions. We want to be a place where current events don't go uncommented on, especially something as horrific as this. However, political conclusions and/or religious statements are the fastest way to get a thread like this off topic, and shut down.

So... please use this as an opportunity to comment on any breaking news, but if this continues to slide down the political or religious we'll close it down and everyone will go back to talking business. Don't screw up a chance to express your sentiments towards the loss of life in Canada, but we're not going to deviate from forum policies regarding steering clear of the overtly political or religious. There's plenty of other venues for those discussions to take place.

Brucex23%20RGB_12.jpg

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
On a more relevant topic, yesterday soldiers were asked to guard the memorials in honour of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo. In Vancouver, a 63 year old veteran, Cpl. David Ward stood out in the rain in uniform and medals. Many soldiers were encouraged to not wear their meals or uniforms so they wouldn't be targeted by radicals. Cpl. Ward said, "if ISIS wants me, they can come get me. We're going to show we're not afraid. If we run and hide, they've won."

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Vigilance may some day help keep you safe. I mourn the cause, but hope you keep the alert vigilance and never slip back to complacency. Vigilance helps you assess trouble sooner. Look up the OODA loop and study it. Then practice it.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Look up the OODA loop
I'll check that out for sure. It boggles my mind that Canadian born citizens are joining ISIS. If you feel neglected in this country. your doing it to yourself. I watched an Interview with a guy who claimed he was interviewed by csis and made it to whatever sand dune it was. Calling for attacks on all citizens in many countries. Man I want to make this guy my new hood ornament. Your Canadian you retard! lay off the crack pipe! U.S and Canada is going to get ya. Accept your fate!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.