The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Watch a Complete Beginner Evolve, No Idea and 0$ to First Sale.

Idea threads

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
I'll be using this thread to document my journey from having absolutely no business idea, to having my first sale. At this point I don't even know what market I am going to serve. I will be figuring this out in the morning and running with the idea that sounds best, while meeting the NESCT requirements. This is my first business ever, time to bust my a$$ and help people!!!!

Excited about this thread and the process.

In any business I have I will be focusing on Customer Service and Product Quality.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
Havent responsded in a while, thats because I haven't don't shit! From now on I will be keeping track daily of my new business.

So far in the last 3 days,

I've gotten a simple landing page up with an email capture for launch
I've got an idea of where I am going
I've contacted 4 manufacturers, 1 responded. I responded to him and am waiting his reply, I need to know the price of manufacture before I can accurately assess what I can sell my product for. He gave me some good questions and I wrote them down so I can use the answers for other manufacturers as well.
Don't know much about manufacturing the specific product I am going for(or much at all) , but Im willing to try anyway.

tonight I have to

get a list of about 15 more manufacturers, email all of them. Call tomorrow morning
get a list of 10 distributors in my area, a lot of my business clients don't use the actual company, they use a distributor.
contact 10 people who may be interested in my product, sell the F*ck out of it, try to get them to pre-order it. which means I also have to

Set up a paypal account
Get my site up and running to accept these payments
get a commerce system up on my wordpress site. show products as sold out.

Thinking of becoming an authority on my site. I also have to contact 5 people and do interviews for content.

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
Thanks man, Im trying here. Still trying to validate my idea, I think I'll be going a different way with it, seeing as the way I am going isn't looking too great hahaha, didn't validate very well!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Two months ago.

It took 60 days for this chick to totally transform her body :
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=1904693

Some companies give you a 60 day probation period to see if you are worth a shit:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/work...ial-probationary-period-common-what-does.html

People go from being a smoker to a non-smoker in 60 days.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quit-Smoking-with-60-Days-to-Freedom/204326252913646

This guy ran across America in less than 60 days
http://www.moonjoggers.com/perry-run-america/

This guy transitioned his life to a 4HWW in less than 60 days
http://adventureaaron.com/the-four-hour-work-week-in-60-days-the-story

My wife recently went from being a non-athlete to running a 5k, in just over 60 days.

The common theme of the above 6 people? They all wanted something worse than you do. They all took action. They all wanted their lives to change. They wanted it MORE than you do. The action you have updated us with you could have done (start to finish) in less than an hour.

Unless you decide you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, you are wasting your time... and ours. Until you are willing to forego sleep some times, skip the Thursday night NFL game, and be working Sunday morning when all the hung over people are sleeping it off... you're going to be treading water in another two months.

Check back here in 60 days. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

joocenasty

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 30, 2013
Two months ago.

It took 60 days for this chick to totally transform her body :
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=1904693

Some companies give you a 60 day probation period to see if you are worth a shit:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/work...ial-probationary-period-common-what-does.html

People go from being a smoker to a non-smoker in 60 days.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Quit-Smoking-with-60-Days-to-Freedom/204326252913646

This guy ran across America in less than 60 days
http://www.moonjoggers.com/perry-run-america/

This guy transitioned his life to a 4HWW in less than 60 days
http://adventureaaron.com/the-four-hour-work-week-in-60-days-the-story

My wife recently went from being a non-athlete to running a 5k, in just over 60 days.

The common theme of the above 6 people? They all wanted something worse than you do. They all took action. They all wanted their lives to change. They wanted it MORE than you do. The action you have updated us with you could have done (start to finish) in less than an hour.

Unless you decide you want to succeed as much as you want to breathe, you are wasting your time... and ours. Until you are willing to forego sleep some times, skip the Thursday night NFL game, and be working Sunday morning when all the hung over people are sleeping it off... you're going to be treading water in another two months.

Check back here in 60 days. Prove me wrong.

I didnt prove anyone wrong

I still havent started anything.... almost 2 years have passed and i havent done anything. I've been scared this entire time, wish i could say differently... but cant lie.

i think the past year and a half gave me time to reflect. My past self had no discipline, no drive, depressed is the word I would use... since then (November 2015) I have moved to NYC and got a job working as an assistant to the 1st employee(meaning him and the founder) of a now multi-billion GBP company... i took the opportunity and jumped to learn sales, delegation, accountability, responsibility, marketing, product development, and pricing.

i have no friends, no family, nor a girlfriend here. Everyone is in Texas... I figure it was good for my independence... but i am particularly depressed being alone.

I have to fill the waking hours I have with a business. for my own experience and sanity... I am beginning to loathe myself again for not starting anything sooner ... the hole has not gone away.

I searched today on the internet ' no idea what to sell - fastlane ' and the first thing that popped up was my own thread... shocked i decided to respond....

I have failed my 22 - 23 year old self .... now i can forgive him and the new man can shine through

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I searched today on the internet ' no idea what to sell - fastlane ' and the first thing that popped up was my own thread... shocked i decided to respond....

That is the most stark glass of cold water splashed in your face that I have ever seen.

I don't even know how to respond to that.

Your own words indite you. Self awareness however is the beginning of transformation.

gabeb1920

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Feb 1, 2016
Wollongong, Australia

I still havent started anything.... almost 2 years have passed and i havent done anything. I've been scared this entire time, wish i could say differently... but cant lie.

i think the past year and a half gave me time to reflect. My past self had no discipline, no drive, depressed is the word I would use... since then (November 2015) I have moved to NYC and got a job working as an assistant to the 1st employee(meaning him and the founder) of a now multi-billion GBP company... i took the opportunity and jumped to learn sales, delegation, accountability, responsibility, marketing, product development, and pricing.

i have no friends, no family, nor a girlfriend here. Everyone is in Texas... I figure it was good for my independence... but i am particularly depressed being alone.

I have to fill the waking hours I have with a business. for my own experience and sanity... I am beginning to loathe myself again for not starting anything sooner ... the hole has not gone away.

I have failed my 22 - 23 year old self .... now i can forgive him and the new man can shine through

I liked your post for your honesty. I'm not sure it means anything or will have any real impact but I thought I'd comment as well just to let you know you certainly are not alone. I know I have and still do often feel exactly the same. You take a step thinking you'll make some progress and then when it's not everything you dreamed you instantly get depressed and feel like giving up.

To be honest because I still haven't really done anything with my life I don't really have any good advice. All I can say is don't give up. Instead Change Up.

I read that just this morning and I think it applies here. Keep looking for small process improvements, changes to the way you do things and actually take steps to improve.

@Vigilante is right, self awareness is the first step but it alone won't get you there. You need to take a second step and then a third and then a fourth, etc. Put enough steps together in the direction you want to go and you will get there.

Like I said I can't say that my advice will work for sure because it still hasn't worked for me. I can say I think I am closer than ever but even that could be an illusion.

My best advice is to listen to people who have made it. @Vigilante might seem like he's being a bit harsh but he has been there and pulled through. He is miles ahead of you and I and so he's one of the best people to listen to and take his advice.

Keep working at it, listen to those who have made it and don't give up. That's the best I've got.

Oh and don't beat yourself up too much. You haven't failed your 22-23 year old self. You've just found out that sitting on your a$$ doesn't get you to where you want to be. Big surprise! Time to try something different!

Good luck!

Gravy South

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jul 14, 2014
UK

Don't give up!! I am in a similar situation where I have moved to a foreign country where my girlfriend lives, but I live on my own and work in a company which I have a hard time settling in. I was depressed and always felt like giving up and go back home.

But saying all that, I am still here because of a mindset shift. I treat this as a life experience which I lacked previously. If you don't suffer, you will never get out of your comfort zone and grow up. I am also at a similar age as you and I also felt that I have wasted a lot of time doing nothing, but the only way to look is forward and stop dwelling in the past failures. I have set myself a financial goal to achieve through my business so that when I reach my goal then I can leave the country and work on my business full time. Good Luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.