The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Juice Fasting

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Has anyone on the Fastlane board attempted or done it successfully. Or even incorporated Juices into their Daily diet?
Just I started one last week lasted 4 days and had to give up that night, I work a driving job and 3 hours into my shift I actually felt like I was going to pass out, anyway 2 days later I have been eating solid again and feeling worse and ever so guilty. Im going to do it again only with having a week or two off work to give my body a break when it comes to the detoxifying itself.

The reason why im doing this is because I suffer bad IBS and stomach issues constantly feeling ill due to it. I have watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead with Joe Cross (who is a excellent businessman btw) and Jason Vale Super Juice me and it gave me the motivation to do it because you see these people self healing. Within the 4 days of juicing I did notice I felt better head a lot clearer, skin felt good just it wasn't safe to do with my job on Saturday. Oh and also lost 6lb in 4 days im not massively overweight but it is good for dieting also as you strip all fibre out your diet.

Anyways your thoughts and views please.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I attempted a 10 day fast some years ago. The diet was only water. The first 4 days were absolutely brutal. After day 4, the mental clarity and energy was off the charts. Essentially it's a detox -- your body frees its addictions, carbs, sugar, caffeine, etc. Once you remove those addictions, the energy/clarity is absolutely mind-boggling. I was actually thinking about doing another one as I've been going too heavy on the caffeine.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014
Never done it. But here's my take on diets:

They suck. Why? Because the word "diet" implicates that there is a deadline in your eating regimen. It is usually radical, puts a lot of stress on the person (physically and mentally). I think slow and minimal changes to your eating habits are the way to go.

Just my 0.02$

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Yes I'm currently doing a juice fast with whey protein on the side to help preserve muscle, and it's everything MJ said.

Yes, it is absolutely brutal at first. Especially when I'm a huge carnivore and the rest of my family is cooking steaks and hot dogs on the 4th of July.

:arghh:

But I'm 2 months in so far, and I love it. I am definitely alot more mentally clear and have alot more energy than before.

I'm still a little lazy lately, though so I guess the extra energy is being wasted.

:sorry:

Also, I've dropped around 32 lbs

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Btw my main juice is what's called "Mean Green", it's my daily staple:

• A whole bunch of kale (4-6 leaves)
  • 1 or 2 Lemons
  • Two 1 inch lumps of ginger (You could just do one lump, but I love ginger, it helps with taste and skyrockets testosterone:rockon:)
  • 2 cucumbers
  • 3 or 4 stalks of celery
  • 2 apples

Occasionally I will add broccoli or something, but that's rare.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My brother attempted to make it a lifestyle change after watching the same documentary. Unsustainable. I think it is awesome as a short term cleanse. It's not a long term sustainable life style change like Paleo, low carb, or other healthy life changes may be. I think the lack of variety combined with the pain in the a$$ factor of juicing makes all of the best of intentions break down over time. Certainly some great benefits, but I think you have to look at it as a quick fix.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
My brother attempted to make it a lifestyle change. Unsustainable. I think it is awesome as a short term cleanse. It's not a long term sustainable life style change like Paleo, low carb, or other healthy life changes may be. I think the lack of variety combined with the pain in the a$$ factor of juicing makes all of the best of intentions break down over time. Certainly some great benefits, but I think you have to look at it as a quick fix.

I'll be stopping it within the next couple weeks.

It's something you do for short periods of time, like a month, and then take a month or two off.

D

Deleted21704

I had similar issues. Two weeks of fresh cabbage juice and 3 months of probiotics banished them. Jay Kordich, the 'father of juicing', combines cabbage with carrot & celery. It's excellent.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011
I've been doing a 21 day fast once a year for the last 4 years. A majority of the time it's water only but occasionally the last week will be a water/juice/broth week.

The first 3-4 days are crap, your head aches, your body wants food, your sense of smell heightens. But after that you feel very good, relaxed, and have great clarity. Usually when it's time to end the fast I have a problem going back to eating because I've become so accustomed to not doing so.

Even on an all water fast I usually can work out the first 1-2 weeks of it without an issue. After that I have to be careful.

Do your juicing diet, it's a great thing to do! And if you felt like you're going to pass out it's normally your body just crying for food. Depending on your medical conditions as long as your sugar levels are fine you should power through that feeling.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Never done it. But here's my take on diets:

They suck. Why? Because the word "diet" implicates that there is a deadline in your eating regimen. It is usually radical, puts a lot of stress on the person (physically and mentally). I think slow and minimal changes to your eating habits are the way to go.

Just my 0.02$

Here's where you are wrong. I have found out how crucial a DETOX element of one's diet or nutrition is. Whether you avoid wheat/grains/processed foods is one thing...but many things get in including pollution, etc... and you want to remove the deadly chemicals of gmo/heavy metals, parasites, bad bacteria, etc so that you give ones digestive system a break to heal. And one can supplement with things to help that, etc

if you are detoxing daily great, but most people aren't and don't understand it.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Has anyone on the Fastlane board attempted or done it successfully. Or even incorporated Juices into their Daily diet?
Just I started one last week lasted 4 days and had to give up that night, I work a driving job and 3 hours into my shift I actually felt like I was going to pass out, anyway 2 days later I have been eating solid again and feeling worse and ever so guilty. Im going to do it again only with having a week or two off work to give my body a break when it comes to the detoxifying itself.

The reason why im doing this is because I suffer bad IBS and stomach issues constantly feeling ill due to it. I have watched Fat Sick and Nearly Dead with Joe Cross (who is a excellent businessman btw) and Jason Vale Super Juice me and it gave me the motivation to do it because you see these people self healing. Within the 4 days of juicing I did notice I felt better head a lot clearer, skin felt good just it wasn't safe to do with my job on Saturday. Oh and also lost 6lb in 4 days im not massively overweight but it is good for dieting also as you strip all fibre out your diet.

Liquid diets can work...I believe in eating real food though. But no doubt there is nothing wrong with quick uses of it...and also of incorporating a liquid drink/vitamin drink daily into you regimen. its probably the simplest thing people can do besides removing grains from their diet

liquidglass

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Oct 24, 2011

Also to add on to what a few other people have said I'd like to recommend something if you're just wanting to control your IBS.

1st) do your juice fast if you want, that's a great idea, but it's not a long term solution

2nd) What is a long term solution? My best advice is to read Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin and read the Bulletproof Diet by Dave Asprey.
Why both? Because both have wonderful aspects that are helpful and I feel they blend together at certain points, even the authors have said as much on a joint podcast.

- Follow the 21 day cleanse in the Virgin Diet. You get to eat, but you're cutting out things like grain, sugar, milk/milk products...etc trust me you'll lose weight and as long as you have fiber in your diet your IBS will start to regulate (I should know) then afterwards make virgin diet/bullet proof diet a part of your every day life. That way they are no longer diets they are "food choices".

Good luck!

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Here is my general concoction in the morning.

2 Cloves of Garlic
1 big Bulb of ginger
1 Beet
2 stalks callaloo
1/2 half a cucumber
1 banana for taste
1 lettuce head
Half a avocado

Then I keep adding these in rotations , all extracts/tinctures are homemade and this is just to list a few!
  • ginseng extract
  • shiitake mushroom extract
  • ginko
  • wolf berry extract
  • hawthorn
  • reishi mushroom extract
    shiitake mushroom extract
    Horny Goat weed extract

I consume some pretty powerful mixtures and its like I have been reborn. My skin stripped itself , my hair now grows furiously , I don't need to use deodorant anymore ( shocking), and not to mention Libido

I follow a eat stop eat (24 hr fast) protocol and I am moving away from eating heavy meats and consuming more fish.
Most of the time over eating is actually the cause of low energy , more so than blood sugar spikes because it takes a HUGE amount of energy from your body to push food through 25 feet of combined intestine and when this is going on your body can not spare energy.

So this is apart of the reason why when you go on fasts or liquid diets the intestines doesn't have to work as hard and so the energy gets used in other places around the body and this translates to you feeling a few years younger lol

Then when you remove your addictions from carbs , processed sugar , corn syrup that's where the mental clarity comes in because your brain is not "chemically" addicted to these substances anymore.

*very important*
Do not detox when you don't have atleast 3 bm's a day or/and don't have your body's excretory systems up to scratch.
Work on these systems before taking any type of detox to get the full and true results.

When you go on a detox it breaks up the toxins your body has stored (sometimes for years) and if not removed promptly it circulates throughout your system and then your body has to store it in different and new places "again" , which often times is the cause of feeling "sick".

Gl on your journey.

Theres much more benefits that would be a wall of text! (kinda already is)

Last edited:

livelovelimu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 23, 2014
Dr oz had a show on the other day about detoxing without juicing. I drive for my job also and have never done very good with juice fasts. I do juice every morning though and love it!

G

Guest3722A

I attempted a 10 day fast some years ago. The diet was only water. The first 4 days were absolutely brutal. After day 4, the mental clarity and energy was off the charts. Essentially it's a detox -- your body frees its addictions, carbs, sugar, caffeine, etc. Once you remove those addictions, the energy/clarity is absolutely mind-boggling. I was actually thinking about doing another one as I've been going too heavy on the caffeine.
Did you complete the ten days, and, was there a set program you followed?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did you complete the ten days, and, was there a set program you followed?

I lasted 7. Only thing allowable was water, and water mixed with cayenne pepper. I was also taking some colon cleanse pills as well. I think the official name of the cleanse was called "The Master Cleanse" -- I can't remember, it was some years ago.

markonestock

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 16, 2014
so if he tells you fastlane can be reached faster by jumping off a cliff head first..you'd do it?

About sums most people up here

Yes I'm currently doing a juice fast with whey protein on the side to help preserve muscle, and it's everything MJ said.

markonestock

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Oct 16, 2014
Btw my main juice is what's called "Mean Green", it's my daily staple:

• A whole bunch of kale (4-6 leaves)
  • 1 or 2 Lemons
  • Two 1 inch lumps of ginger (You could just do one lump, but I love ginger, it helps with taste and skyrockets testosterone:rockon:)
  • 2 cucumbers
  • 3 or 4 stalks of celery
  • 2 apples

Occasionally I will add broccoli or something, but that's rare.

So you sticking to that for life now?

Why bother with a life style change you will either die doing or give it up in a few months and rebound hard and fast.

Get educated in nutrition and stop being in such a rush. It took you years to get fat...it'll take years to get in shape.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It took me a long time to get fat. It took me a very short time to change my life, get in shape, drop dozens of pounds, and reverse course. It is determination, adherence to what we all know we should have been doing all along, and simple will power. It doesn't take years to reverse course. It just takes strength.

G

Grimaldo

I attempted a 10 day fast some years ago. The diet was only water.
I am in day 5 of the "banana island". It's one week eating only bananas. It detox your body too.

Right now I only hate bananas with all my heart. Seeing that it's okey to not eat anything I think it's going to be easier to fast until the week is gone.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Is anyone doing any Fasting/Juice Cleanses this year? Im going to start one at the beginning of April. I have had surgery on my foot so have gained a lot of weight so to also help shift the pounds seeing as I cant get doing cardio without some sort of pain.

Be good to hear of your plans fastlaners.

Also for the guy who posted previously what an arse hole.
It took me a long time to get fat. It took me a very short time to change my life, get in shape, drop dozens of pounds, and reverse course. It is determination, adherence to what we all know we should have been doing all along, and simple will power. It doesn't take years to reverse course. It just takes strength.

Totally agree with @Vigilante its true we do know what we should be doing all the time but yet those little delicious milk chocolate bars seem to find way into our cupboards then bellys!

2nd) What is a long term solution? My best advice is to read Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin

- Follow the 21 day cleanse in the Virgin Diet. You get to eat, but you're cutting out things like grain, sugar, milk/milk products...etc trust me you'll lose weight and as long as you have fiber in your diet your IBS will start to regulate (I should know) then afterwards make virgin diet/bullet proof diet a part of your every day life. That way they are no longer diets they are "food choices".

Good luck!

Just purchased this book I will give it a go, thanks for pointing it out to me. The Virgin Diet -

Weaponize

Workin on it!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Nov 15, 2014
I've been doing the Juice ever since I watched Fat Sick & Nearly Dead (couple of years now).

I definitely need to lose weight but that wasn't the reason I started it.

I started for my general health. Every winter I'd come down with a nasty cold/flu something-or-another that would last at minimum 1 month but usually much longer. Every year. It would take me down and make my life miserable. Nothing that I tried got rid of it.

Started juicing in the spring time, was doing about 5-7 juices per week, replacing 1 meal (typically lunch). Kept that pace up fairly well. By the time next winter came, I got hit with 1 day of a running nose and some congestion. That's it. 1 day. First time in like 5 years that I didn't go down for a minimum of 1 month with some nasty cold/flu. The only thing I changed (at least that I consciously tracked) was the juicing.

I've been able to keep up this pace over the long term. It helps that we have a local green juice bar nearby.

The funny thing is that now I really crave fresh veggies and I've started to naturally incorporate it into my meals. I absolutely LOVE some freshly picked green veggies from the local farmers market with dinner. A quick satay with some lemon and I'm in heaven. Never thought I'd love fresh veggies so much.

Also, I do like to do a 3 or 5 day fast every now and then and was going to do a 3 day fast starting next Monday. It feels really great to cleanse every now and then...

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

I finished a 3 day fast (no juice) over the weekend.

Was hungry as F*ck by the last day.

Of course the steak place is closed on Sunday!!!

Feeling much better, and much less toxic this week.

I've done juice fasts with good results as well.

Usually a couple bananas and a whole bunch of kale & spinach. (that's my favorite smoothie recipe) :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.