The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The time to write is now.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
https://nanowrimo.org/sign_up

Sign up for the national novel writing month this November and see what you can do along with millions of others.

The game is out there, fresh for the taking. Will you take a piece?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

britnidanielle

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Aug 24, 2013
Los Angeles
Not officially, but I'll be writing. :)

ewa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 29, 2014
Straszyn
Hi everybody!

When I read Fastline I want to be free, independent etc. I wrote my first ebook and I sold 1 piece for during 2 mounths. So I am not happy. I spend over 3 mounts writing my ebook and nothing , only one piece.

I have job I hate . I would like to quit it but…bills.

I’m wondering if I should try to write another ebook? Is it good idea? Does the market need my new ebook?

I have some idea .... ride alone on my bike to Skandinavia and travel and write my new ebook.

Thriftypreneur

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 8, 2013
This might be a dumb question, but are there any prizes in NaNoWriMo? I was always under the impression it was just for fun.

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
@ewa

If writing is the business you plan to pursue, then yes, write another book. Unless your name is E.L. James, one book is not enough.

Have you read any of the progress threads in the self publishing forum, yet. It's a great place to start to find some motivation and inspiration. You'll also see that writing is a lot of HARD WORK.

@Thriftypreneur

No. There are no prizes for NaNoWriMo. You "win" by finishing your 50k words by the end of the month. It's more for motivation and support than anything else.

ewa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 29, 2014
Straszyn
hello again
First of all,english is not my native lanuguage. My first ebook is in polish language.The polish market is
much more smaller than american/english.I published my ebook on amazon (polish version).
My english is to poor to write in english/american I think.... I can try but I am not Josef conrad (Korzeniowski) who wrote books in english...
Mayby this is the problem of poor sales...

COSenior

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 22, 2013
Colorado
This might be a dumb question, but are there any prizes in NaNoWriMo? I was always under the impression it was just for fun.
Boyd is absolutely correct, but I have a comment about the value of NaNoWriMo. I've been slipping on my daily word count for months, and looking at the future as one long bit of drudgery to get to the financial mark I want to hit. I've chosen to write what I like to read, which isn't the biggest market (though it is big enough), requires longer books and has more complex plots. I've chosen to improve the quality of my writing, and taking the courses I'm taking has shown me that it was none too soon. All that has slowed me down. But...

NaNo has made it all fun again. I write with joy every day, and my count is climbing again as well. It's about personal challenge. It's about being part of something bigger than yourself, which for many writers is rare. We are solitary people in large part. I've met some amazing people, and we're not even to the 7-day mark yet. I've already ordered my winner shirt from the NaNoWriMo store (I'll have my 50k words by tomorrow, though my novel won't be finished until sometime next week). It's fun and it is motivating.

Hope to see more friends from this forum doing it next year, or Camp NaNo in April.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

jimr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 5, 2012
London, UK
hello again
First of all,english is not my native lanuguage. My first ebook is in polish language.The polish market is
much more smaller than american/english.I published my ebook on amazon (polish version).
My english is to poor to write in english/american I think.... I can try but I am not Josef conrad (Korzeniowski) who wrote books in english...
Mayby this is the problem of poor sales...

Hi Ewa,
Start off writing in you own language for you market. Sure, this is a smaller market, but if you keep writing in English and failing it's easy to become disheartened and give up. Now, don't abandon writing in English - whilst you're writing for your home market go out and learn all you can about writing for English-speaking markets.

See it as your own personal internship - write and learn, write and learn, write and learn...

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
Didn't see this post earlier!

I am doing NaNo, but I am in the 'rebel camp' this year. Instead of writing a novel, I'm writing 50,000 words worth of blog posts. It's tough to keep up with the word count, but it has definitely been worth it so far.

Oddly, even though I'm done with my writing by 6 or 7 every morning, it's kept me much more motivated and happy to keep working throughout the day, on other business related things. Maybe it's just because I'm making measurable progress every morning before the day even really gets started. Not sure. But I'm doing some good work, if I may say so myself.

jimr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 5, 2012
London, UK
Didn't see this post earlier!

I am doing NaNo, but I am in the 'rebel camp' this year. Instead of writing a novel, I'm writing 50,000 words worth of blog posts. It's tough to keep up with the word count, but it has definitely been worth it so far.

Oddly, even though I'm done with my writing by 6 or 7 every morning, it's kept me much more motivated and happy to keep working throughout the day, on other business related things. Maybe it's just because I'm making measurable progress every morning before the day even really gets started. Not sure. But I'm doing some good work, if I may say so myself.

Brilliant idea - who ever said you have to write a 50.000 word book. Thinking about it, the NaNo forum could provide you with an excellent source of inspiration for blog posts.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.