The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My progress in selling webservices

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
Hi,

So I decided to start a progress thread here to keep me motivated and especially focused! I have an online store and do also some domaining on the side but now I am going back to selling an SEO/traffic/reputation service that I already tried once but failed.

Why I failed the first time was that I used too many middlemen and that I was not really patient when I should have been. This time I cut the middlemen out and went directly to the sources and also tweaked a few other things (mistakes that I learned along the way last time) and am going at it hard. Made about $500 last week and this week I started a sales thread on a big forum.

Today I got 3 orders already and am in conversation for another possible 6.

This is my journey into the fastlane!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Subscribed. Good luck. :)

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
Thank Andy! So I manage to negotiate 3 more sales yesterday and 2 today so this week is looking to be a blast. The best part is that I have received orders from some of the most reputable members of that forum and if all goes well this means a lot of repeat business.

The best part is that I have only hit one paid forum so far, I have a list of about 6 more that I can start with in the future but for now I am still checking to see what problems will arise from more orders consistently and I am also working on expanding my inventory.

BTW, if anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them :)

Stu_Hefner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Are you providing the services yourself or are you outsourcing? What do you plan to do when you get more work than you can handle? and how will you have a way to control the quality of the work produced ?

PS: Great work with closing deals so far. That's quite a few clients in only a short space of time.

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
Are you providing the services yourself or are you outsourcing? What do you plan to do when you get more work than you can handle? and how will you have a way to control the quality of the work produced ?

PS: Great work with closing deals so far. That's quite a few clients in only a short space of time.

Everything is outsourced. The workload is spread over multiple outsourcers and I am adding more. So when I hit the threshold I will just add a wait list which will make it even more desirable or increase the fee for the service. All quality is double checked, first by me and then also by the client who approves the work before it going live.

Thanks, I have been working smart and hard, but the truth is that I have a bunch of experience in the field so it is easier for me..

Harry321

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
May 28, 2014
Do you have a website? Care to share any knowledge on your sales techniques?

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
We have a website, but I will not showcase it publicly.. The sales technique is that we took something that people need and made it available. We sell through forum advertising and through word of mouth.

I can also tell you that the service is seo related.

As for progress, got hooked up by a happy client to an agency that caters for huge brands (think MTV and similar) and the CEO contacted me regarding the service. Should continue with the talks next week and this could be great! :)

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
This is cool because im working im on a similar project!

I bought a domain, now all I need is to make a decent sales page, then start marketing. I was considering pay per click traffic because its fast. Have you tried PPC traffic for web services?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
No PPC for now. Got big batches of orders from just posting on one paid forum and this got me repeat business that we barely keeping up.. Got people giving up to 5 orders just from one guy :) But I am also expanding my inventory which makes it spread out more evenly.

Also got sidetracked a bit this week by buying some domain names.. Bought a lot of 3 for under 1k, but one of them for sale on a few forums and got 3 offers over 2k already for that one. It is the best one of the bunch, but the other two are also worth at least 1k each. Fun times in the fastlane.

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
No PPC for now. Got big batches of orders from just posting on one paid forum and this got me repeat business that we barely keeping up.. Got people giving up to 5 orders just from one guy :) But I am also expanding my inventory which makes it spread out more evenly.

Also got sidetracked a bit this week by buying some domain names.. Bought a lot of 3 for under 1k, but one of them for sale on a few forums and got 3 offers over 2k already for that one. It is the best one of the bunch, but the other two are also worth at least 1k each. Fun times in the fastlane.

Nice. Keep it up.

I just discovered TapaTalk and it has a list of hundreds of forums in different niches. I'm going to use it to find some more forums that I can market my services on as well. You should check it out, might help!

I was thinking Warrior Forum, but as soon as you post a thread, it disappears after like a day cause of all the other posters. Might still advertise there though. Worth a shot.

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
So a long overdue update. Had some bumps in the road for the webservice I offer, but managed to fix them and at the moment I have a few regular customers that keep me occupied.

Now I am looking to expand my inventory to give them even more choice and to attract even more people.

As for the sidetrack, sold the first from the 3 domains for $4k so made a very hefty profit. Put some back into new domains :)

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
Made another 2 sales yesterday, sent out 3 for approval and got paid for 1. That is the tally of yesterday.

On a side not, I would like to advise anyone that is going to sell webservices, to not just copy what everyone else is doing but find your own way in a niche that is much sought after. I for one choose SEO. The first time I did what a few others did and went through middle men, that quickly turned out to be a fiasco.

This time I went directly to the source people so I deal with my providers directly. This way I have much better communication and a lot less BS that middle men try to throw at you.

And another thing that I have learned. I would rather lose 1 sale then lose that provider. You can't please everyone all the time so don't even try to do it because it will just make you nervous and when one is nervous it is easy to lose focus and waste energy on worrying..

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
This is cool because im working im on a similar project!

I bought a domain, now all I need is to make a decent sales page, then start marketing.

I would be interested to hear an update on this post and how the "now all I need is to make a decent sales page, then start marketing" bit went.

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
JoeB, you will have to ask Timbonitus that.. But if you have a good product then yes, that is all you need.. I don't even have a sales page, just forum threads (granted that I did get a guy to make a nice sales picture..) :)

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
5 sales yesterday each netting from $60 to $100 profit. Good day!

Timbonitus

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Aug 28, 2014
I would be interested to hear an update on this post and how the "now all I need is to make a decent sales page, then start marketing" bit went.

I'm not really working on it anymore. I want to start working a e-commerce website.

Edward82

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 11, 2014
Dallas, TX
Nice man congrats on your success thus far. I'm thinking of starting a similar service could you please share a few tips? 1. When you say "middle men" who were you referring to? 2. Could please also share some of the places that you find your Contractors? Also if possible can you please pass along some interview questions.

Thanks for the help!

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
Edward82, I will answer your questions next week.

Today I just wanted to pop in and say Happy Halloween to everyone and also that one of my clients sent me 11 new assignments in his new order, my biggest sale yet :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Edward82

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 11, 2014
Dallas, TX
Edward82, I will answer your questions next week.

Today I just wanted to pop in and say Happy Halloween to everyone and also that one of my clients sent me 11 new assignments in his new order, my biggest sale yet :)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Ok great thanks man can't wait to hear from you.

krnekdo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jul 29, 2014
Nice man congrats on your success thus far. I'm thinking of starting a similar service could you please share a few tips? 1. When you say "middle men" who were you referring to? 2. Could please also share some of the places that you find your Contractors? Also if possible can you please pass along some interview questions.

Thanks for the help!

I was referring to resellers. I cut them out and started doing the work by myself/outsource it. With resellers in the middle you never know about the actual TATs and similar which made everything harder. It was also hard to start training outsourcers, but now it is much easier then dealing with resellers..

2. It depends on what you want to outsource.. But most of these guys can be found on places like Freelancer.com, Odesk.. As for interview questions, the best interview is to give them a practice test to actually do for real.. As I have many minisites and sites, I just gave them tests to do on those. Who ever performed good got live tests from clients.

Also, never put all your eggs in one basket. Always have a few outsourcers ready because if everything depends on just one person, that is just calling for problems..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.