The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 Motivational Gene Simmons quotes

Anything related to matters of the mind

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
SO I guess he's releasing a new book soon and say what you want about him, but there are some good nuggets here congruent with what we commonly say on this forum:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/10/ ... _Speakeasy

20 Inspirational Quotes From Gene Simmons’s Self-Help Book ‘Me, Inc.’

Feature Gene Simmons KISS Me Inc.

By Mike Ayers

Even if you’re not a full-fledged member of the KISS Army, by virtue of being alive makes it so you know who Gene Simmons is. And the bassist/branding expert wants to help you become more like Gene and so he’s done what any self-made billionaire would do: Write a book and sell it to you for $26.99. “Me, Inc.: Build an Army of One, Unleash Your Inner Rock God, Win in Life and Business” is chock full of Gene-isms – so much so, you literally can turn to any page, pick a random sentence and likely find potent words of wisdom. It’s also packaged to look exactly like a bible, so in case you had any doubts, this was written by a legit Rock God.

The book isn’t perfect. Simmons repeatedly warns those looking for a politically correct tome to go elsewhere. There’s a section all about why you need to learn English, and constant disclaimers such as “I apologize to any whose feelings I have hurt, but it’s called business, not friends.” But for the most part, he’s just trying to light a fire under those of us with big dreams of big money.

Here’s 20 of the most inspirational nuggets from “Me, Inc” unleashed in their full, context-free glory:

“You need to eat, but you don’t really need to eat filet mignon every night or buy bottles of champagne at a thousand a pop.”

“Better to discuss everything out in the open while you’re in love, then if or when the relationship sadly ends. It’s called Full Disclosure Before The Fact.”

“Ladies, first and foremost: you’re on your own. No more rules neatly laid out for you to follow. You have to make up YOUR OWN rules.”

“Don’t let the fear of failure keep you from trying in the first place. Most baseball swings sound like this: “Swoosh.” But, if you swing enough, you will hit some of the balls.”

“Let’s say you’re a garage mechanic, and you have big dreams about opening up your own chain of branded garages around the country. Terrific.”

“If you choose to become a smoker, you are an idiot, and you may lack the discipline and intelligence to be a successful entrepreneur.”

“Your date will not be impressed by you throwing up on her brand-new shoes, as you spout poetic babblings that are meaningful only to you.”

“There are many really stupid ideas that wind up being brilliant, if you can implement them.”

“If you look at YOURSELF as the brand, then you will understand an intrinsic truth: People judge.”

“If you’re a man in your twenties or thirties, and you have yet to make your fortune, I would urge you not to get married.”

“Get rid of the friends who want you to spend your whole day doing nothing with them. They’re not your friends. They’re your enemies.”

“If a vacuum cleaner salesman rings your front door, he will be selling HIMSELF first. The vacuum cleaner is secondary.”

“You and I and everyone else have the attention span of gnats. And that means that saying or doing anything once simply doesn’t work.”

“The problem you ultimately want to have, as an entrepreneur, is deciding who to help, not deciding who can help you.”

“Wealth for its own sake is an empty shell. Wealth that includes making other people’s lives better will reward you even more than the beautiful mansion you live in.”

“Unless you took courses in architecture, engineering, or pre-med, the rest of your liberal arts education hardly prepares you for life as the business warrior and champion you envision yourself to be.”

“It’s better to be an octopus than a fish. If an octopus loses a tentacle to a predator, the octopus will survive with seven tentacles left for itself.”

“No one has the right to shake his finger in your face.”

“I would recommend you watch the movie ‘Jobs’ starring Ashton Kutcher, if you don’t have time to read Jobs’s biography.”

“Once you’ve spent money, you will never see it again.”

”Me. Inc.” is out October 21 on Dey Street Books.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser113

but there are some good nuggets here congruent with what we commonly say on this forum:

“It’s better to be an octopus than a fish. If an octopus loses a tentacle to a predator, the octopus will survive with seven tentacles left for itself.”

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
“If you’re a man in your twenties or thirties, and you have yet to make your fortune, I would urge you not to get married.” - YOUNG GUYS, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!

This is so true... I personally know a bunch of young guys (mid 20s) whom are all married and are sinking in debt!

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Its possible to start a fastlane while married and with small children, you do need an understanding wife however.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Good luck finding that gem though

I found her already, but she didnt come to me this way. I had to train her.

You have to plant the dream, prepare her for hardship and involve her in some way. Its not the easiest thing to do. You also have to convert her from being a spendaholic to watching the $$. Quickest way to fail is not having enough money to start. Oh and do plenty of anti-marketing and motivational stuff helps. this sounds like a new thread!

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Every single one of those sentences are gold. Book in the shopping cart... Thanks

EDIT: Pre-Ordered

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I agree with every point except the one about smoking. Many successful entrepreneurs have a vice, even though it's unhealthy,

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Its possible to start a fastlane while married and with small children, you do need an understanding wife however.
Absolutely!

In fact, we plan to make the Meetup, next year, a family vacation. They're going to chill at the resort while daddy gets educated and networks!:)

As an side, I used to chauffeur Mr. Simmons and his family when I worked for a limo company. Very nice man and a great family. There's a lot of love in that household, which is great to see.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Absolutely!

In fact, we plan to make the Meetup, next year, a family vacation. They're going to chill at the resort while daddy gets educated and networks!:)

As an side, I used to chauffeur Mr. Simmons and his family when I worked for a limo company. Very nice man and a great family. There's a lot of love in that household, which is great to see.
I've heard from alot of people that his public persona is just that - a persona. His arrogance is a front that he puts on to maintain an image and that in person he's a really kind and gentle man and is very intelligent and always gives the fans time.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Good luck finding that gem though
@tafy is spot on!

We're not married yet -- I'm putting a ring on her finger by the end of the year -- but she supportive wife material when she showed up.

I wasn't doing well when we met but she recognized that I was out hustling, not laying around on my buttocks whining about how the world is against me and that's why I can't get anything done.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I've heard from alot of people that his public persona is just that - a persona. His arrogance is a front that he puts on to maintain an image and that in person he's a really kind and gentle man and is very intelligent and always gives the fans time.
@twdavis,

I can vouch for that 100%.:) He would sit up front in the SUV, next to me and crack jokes all the way to the airport! I'm sitting there thinking, "This is the guy who wears 5 inch platforms, sticks his fake bloody tongue out, with a bass guitar strapped around his neck and laughs all the way to the bank!

What a f---ing country!:)

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah this is the same dude that 40 years ago had half the world mesmerized and half the world terrified.

And also the guy that made you keep an extra eye on your daughters.

:smuggy:

Deon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jun 19, 2011
Miami, FL
Ah! Just received it... Cover looks so clean, gonna read it this weekend

Don't know what to do with that floppy disk I received with the 7 Steps To Freedom book though :woot:

wp_20141023_00_07_35_pro.jpg

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Funny, I posted these quotes in a KISS forum thinking (delusionally) that they would agree with what he said and they were all like "Gene's so full of shit and arrogant", "this book only applies if you're lucky like .0001% of people" etc etc.

The word "luck" gets under my skin so bad.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.