The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Peace at last - Success is mostly in your head

Anything related to matters of the mind

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I am staggered right now, as FINALLY business broke open like a dam bursting.
And I didn't really even do anything to cause that, it just happened as I wasn't thinking about anything at all.

Though thats not to say there wasn't a likely cause and some foundations. The big breakthrough was preceeded by kinda out growing my mentor, which was a relationship involving brand strategizing etc, I finally let go of it about two days ago. I like the guy, but I realised that PART of him was sucking on me, and it was time to go it on my own. I had no idea what awaited me, and to be honest I felt a bit scared cutting the cord but I finally had the courage to face it all on my own. So I stepped out and went off by myself.

I realise now that success in business financially is really the easy part, it is success in your soul that is hard. Money requires adjustments, and we can all do that stuff, I basically live off a few hours work a month, but thoughts, they require much more rare events to be changed forever. To be honest I was freaked out that I might never feel this way I now feel... Thats how tough the mental world is to change.

My big "dam bursting" epiphany is actually a very simple adjustment of my perspective, I realised how I could THROW myself into everything I see. As I calmly realised that, I stirred over some more specific details, and watched as my business aptitude was FIERCELY boosted until the point I laughed in fearless wonder at my capacity for SPEED and agility.

Fears like
- Who do I hire
- How do I be credible
- When do I launch
All evaporated in my fierce gaze

I sat back, and smiled gently.

There never was a rush for me to make money, I make enough and at most I really only plan to double my income in the coming months, so its not like I have to rush towards cash. So I just smiled as I realised, I succeeded while still technically pretty poor. It was a very very sweet irony. And quite a prize to feel so calm whilst owning literally only a backpack of things.

I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING, thats the best part.

I can bum around forever if I like, because in my mind, I cracked the secret to financial happiness for me. Fierceness. A fire in my eyes. A heat in my breath. The ability to bear down on the goal.

I'm not sure if this changes my views on how annoying people can be etc, but it is certainly a lesson, and the thing I have learnt is, success IS IN YOUR HEAD.

I finally feel the peace

images

breathe.jpg

lions,animal,animals,closeup,fierce,lion-9608abc560913bc3c071841b48c7f95c_h.jpg

It was only that slight touch of ferocity getting perfectly balanced that did it.
And boom, click.
I feel secure and sexy.
My girl is going to LOVE this new side of me, because now I really am fearless.

Oh hell yeah, I'm pumped

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Congratulations, I feel happy for you, I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading that in having a mentor you're supposed to go higher than they have, seems to me you've done just that. You are correct too about success being in your head, for a lot of us, if we did not read TMF we would have been slaving away 40 years Slowlane life. Sure there are several great books on the market, but how much awaken the mind to make the change that would catapult us?

Upon my rude awakening, I have recommended and bought TMF for a lot of people to read, I can't do it for them, they have to make that choice. I can only tell them so much about how it awakened me, then when they see huge changes in my life, they'd wonder how I did it. The book literally show me truth in the sense that once you can breathe you can succeed at anything in life. We have been programmed by several systems to keep us poor and the minority wealthy, then comes a guy like MJ to ruffle that system. Lol. I'm all too happy we're all onto great achievements.

Keep it up man and keep spreading your wings!

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Damn, must be some potent acid you're taking

Yeah man, I know thats a dig at me (thats fine)
But I agree
It is a very potent hormone or whatever that I'm feeling

I am doing all I can to subdue it whilst retaining the positive effects.

In all honesty, who gives a darn if its acid? We just want to be free right?
I don't dub my realisation an answer, just a step.

Achieving mental realisation of your success may just be a hormonal release, but the effects it can have when justified are indeed potent too, so I'm pumped.
I feel good about things, and I'll do my best and put my effort in, emotional highs or not.

Keep troopin etc etc

If its just an acid trip, I don't mind ;)

:smoking:
Hope your stuff is cruising along on plan too man
All the best work is done on the ground
Stuff like this is just a cherry on the top, if you ask me

So yeah, I can dig your point even though its a dig, I'll keep an eye out for anything wayward.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Congratulations, I feel happy for you, I can't remember where I read it, but I remember reading that in having a mentor you're supposed to go higher than they have, seems to me you've done just that. You are correct too about success being in your head, for a lot of us, if we did not read TMF we would have been slaving away 40 years Slowlane life. Sure there are several great books on the market, but how much awaken the mind to make the change that would catapult us?

Great point :)

I feel good about it. And thank you guys very much for not jumping to conclusions and taking me at my word, it means a lot.

I've been relaxing with friends after this realisation, and it has been quite nice just to take a mental break and to recharge my batteries.

I guess you could call it a second wind, and I intend to use it intelligently and not waste it on anything desperate.

We all need to wake up, and then like you said, we catapult to success.
I suppose, that for me, I wish to take it slow and help my path mature, so in spite of this final chemical rush, I'm just biding my time with a subtle confidence.

I am actually somewhat perplexed as to why this hormone takes so long to release?
Maybe it is because if it were to release without us having mental constraints it could cause us to go off the rails?

Either way, I'm treading carefully, but am happy to feel successful within, its very comforting.
I hope to sit with this realisation and try to better understand why we don't always feel it.

I'll be reading other peoples stuff more and try to figure out why its tough to feel this way. And maybe I might grow some insights over time.
We'll see.

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
I'm confused, did you get rich?

Or did you just accept not being rich and now you're ok with it?

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Or did you just accept not being rich and now you're ok with it?

I'm ok with the process, NOT rich, which is harder than it sounds xD

I guess I just lost all that stress where you think time is going to consume you and I haven't lost the edge that the fear of failure brings.

MJ describes a river with roses on the other side. I made it to roses. But financially I'm just doing fine and feel I will do well soon enough, and have a fierceness I can call on when ready.
I guess my epiphany felt like I imagined a million dollars would feel, and now, I'm not desperate and am just walking calmly towards cash without feeling all nervous.

I'm surprised its possible to feel like this BEFORE making money, but apparently it is.
I'm not anxious and it allows me to be more objective about business instead of taking things personally.

Biz just requires what feels like common sense; good foundations, good execution, good ideas. It doesn't feel nearly as hard as it did before.
It feels like I left all the competition behind, and I just feel good :)

Like right now I'm just chilling to music and tea, and drawing business, feeling NO stress at all just chuckling at obstacles saying stuff like "yeah thats a problem, but I can handle it later".

I just have room to think and be myself, without feeling like people are going to get head with shady practices.

Last edited:

Twista

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Oct 13, 2013
Alabama
I am staggered right now, as FINALLY business broke open like a dam bursting.
And I didn't really even do anything to cause that, it just happened as I wasn't thinking about anything at all.

Though thats not to say there wasn't a likely cause and some foundations. The big breakthrough was preceeded by kinda out growing my mentor, which was a relationship involving brand strategizing etc, I finally let go of it about two days ago. I like the guy, but I realised that PART of him was sucking on me, and it was time to go it on my own. I had no idea what awaited me, and to be honest I felt a bit scared cutting the cord but I finally had the courage to face it all on my own. So I stepped out and went off by myself.

I realise now that success in business financially is really the easy part, it is success in your soul that is hard. Money requires adjustments, and we can all do that stuff, I basically live off a few hours work a month, but thoughts, they require much more rare events to be changed forever. To be honest I was freaked out that I might never feel this way I now feel... Thats how tough the mental world is to change.

My big "dam bursting" epiphany is actually a very simple adjustment of my perspective, I realised how I could THROW myself into everything I see. As I calmly realised that, I stirred over some more specific details, and watched as my business aptitude was FIERCELY boosted until the point I laughed in fearless wonder at my capacity for SPEED and agility.

Fears like
- Who do I hire
- How do I be credible
- When do I launch
All evaporated in my fierce gaze

I sat back, and smiled gently.

There never was a rush for me to make money, I make enough and at most I really only plan to double my income in the coming months, so its not like I have to rush towards cash. So I just smiled as I realised, I succeeded while still technically pretty poor. It was a very very sweet irony. And quite a prize to feel so calm whilst owning literally only a backpack of things.

I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING, thats the best part.

I can bum around forever if I like, because in my mind, I cracked the secret to financial happiness for me. Fierceness. A fire in my eyes. A heat in my breath. The ability to bear down on the goal.

I'm not sure if this changes my views on how annoying people can be etc, but it is certainly a lesson, and the thing I have learnt is, success IS IN YOUR HEAD.

I finally feel the peace

images

breathe.jpg

lions,animal,animals,closeup,fierce,lion-9608abc560913bc3c071841b48c7f95c_h.jpg

It was only that slight touch of ferocity getting perfectly balanced that did it.
And boom, click.
I feel secure and sexy.
My girl is going to LOVE this new side of me, because now I really am fearless.

Oh hell yeah, I'm pumped

I need that type of attitude.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@RogueInnovation Wow. It's great to read your words ! Nice addition to my morning. Thanks for sharing.

I am a thinker. I love philosophy. I take a lot of time and think about many things. This is good for the soul.
As we learn and discover, I believe it is important to share our ideas, beliefs and findings with others who are willing to listen with an open mind. We can change lives.

On a lighter note :confused: ... go kill it man ! Make some $$ :greedy: !

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
As we learn and discover, I believe it is important to share our ideas, beliefs and findings with others who are willing to listen with an open mind. We can change lives.

On a lighter note :confused: ... go kill it man ! Make some $$ :greedy: !

Ha, I just went out and bought tons of booze and finger food. I don't plan on doing jack all.
I plan on passing out on the couch.

People might not believe this, but your best work is done when barely conscious, peering out of one eye and shielding your eyes from the glare of the sun. Its done better while you have only one pant leg on because half way through you stopped getting out of bed. Its done better when you say "this is so fn stupid" roll your eyes and just do it anyways.

Because EXPECTATIONS WILL KILL YOU!!!

What will save you, is the quirky squint at the seemingly inane, where you double take and say "is that what I think it is? F#ck off, no way?"

Being smart is the worst kind of stupid there is. You wanna feel, and focus, and blur, and mash, and kick it into gear.

Ha... Anyways, I'm thinking I'll write a book (or a third of one while I drink)
It'll probably get me a few k. The only problem is, I am not at all interested in the subject (but others are... good for them) so writing it is a process of groaning and sighing and sporadically getting angry at the needs of readers, but once done I have a guy that can get it out to about a million people.
The last book I wrote made 5K from a 1-10 k traffic. So if I write it CRACK enough, I should easily beat my last attempt :p

Bwahaha!
I only need a few k anyways.

So yeah zero F*cks given.
(edit: update, I got the contents page done, yeaaaaah!!!)
(edit2: update, lined up 22 000 words I can rewrite from work I did previously)

But I agree! Change lives, make money, have a good morning by sharing!
Cheers!

Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
RI, great post!

5-crazy-fan-theories-that-make-total-sense&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=WvpIVIO0NJapyASd0IKoCQ&ved=0CBwQ9QEwAw&usg=AFQjCNE-mbsj6FF03P3OEQLJ-AP9IN9zLA

I'm not feeling at all complacent and that's all right with me. With where I'm at, complacency is a slow grind into a Slowlane grave.

Rock on dude

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
I'm ok with the process, NOT rich, which is harder than it sounds xD

I guess I just lost all that stress where you think time is going to consume you and I haven't lost the edge that the fear of failure brings.

MJ describes a river with roses on the other side. I made it to roses. But financially I'm just doing fine and feel I will do well soon enough, and have a fierceness I can call on when ready.
I guess my epiphany felt like I imagined a million dollars would feel, and now, I'm not desperate and am just walking calmly towards cash without feeling all nervous.

I'm surprised its possible to feel like this BEFORE making money, but apparently it is.
I'm not anxious and it allows me to be more objective about business instead of taking things personally.

Biz just requires what feels like common sense; good foundations, good execution, good ideas. It doesn't feel nearly as hard as it did before.
It feels like I left all the competition behind, and I just feel good :)

Like right now I'm just chilling to music and tea, and drawing business, feeling NO stress at all just chuckling at obstacles saying stuff like "yeah thats a problem, but I can handle it later".

I just have room to think and be myself, without feeling like people are going to get head with shady practices.

I understand exactly what you are saying, the process, after being broken down by MJ, no longer feels like - "oh God, will I ever make it?" However, it feels more like, "yes, since I'm taking positive action, it will come, just follow through with the Process." All in all, you know what you are about, the solutions you're contributing and that it will come through, so, the confidence confirms it. I know exactly what you mean.

Everyday I have passed through this community, made my contributions, but also left feeling empowered after reading the contributions by others. Unlike most other spaces on the interwebs, The Fastlane Forum is a breath of fresh air, it is us taking control of our lives/our destinies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.