The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 24-Hour Challenge

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Day 2 CLEAR!
I partially did the before mentioned tasks I set out to do, however a day after that, I got a little bit side-tracked because I messed up with sleep time. I missed more than half a day because of irregular sleep times.
I stayed up all night until 7am several times in the last week (working on laptop). So that's something I have to be more careful about.
Sometimes I noticed I stay up until 7am but I actually only start working at 4am - before that I just browse trough youtube distractions. That's certainly a very big red flag I need to be more aware of and fix, to increase productivity.

With that said, I fixed some other aspects of the code and made the plugin more compatible and following all WP coding standards. Also tested it with a few different themes.

DAY 3:
So for the next 24 hours:

Start Time: 20:00 CET 22/October/2014 (Wednesday)
Deadline Time: 20:00 CET 23/October/2014
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: Define the plugin templates structure and make a proper default template.
Punishment if I don't do it: (short term) Shitty feeling and GUILT - (long term) waste of life and probably 9-5 job slavery
Reward if I do: Sexy feeling for killing the doubts and creating VALUE in the world. Getting closer to the launch day.
Accountability Partner: Myself and YOU.

Let's create massive VALUE! :happy:

G

Guest3722A

Day 10 of 365

Knucks are off the table so we're discussing scaling up the one item that has always sold, and I'm researching manufacturers. Personally, I don't think this market is big enough to really make a difference, but, I think it is enough to bring me independence which will enable me to move towards my CENTS centered goals as a solo act. Those with a hardened job mentality along with middle class distractions I don't think will ever get it.

Also, I did get some accounts opened to try to market the items my other partner and I have listed on Ebay. However, I am going to only focus on building up one account right now until it works. My goal is to get a sale. I also was presented with a side opportunity that could definitely help get me that first sale, so for the next 24 hours I'll be working towards getting HD quality pictures of my listings.

Last edited by a moderator:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
DAY 3 done.

Added more control panel options, added default plugin template, added tracking links.

DAY 4
To do:
1) test with many different themes, 2) make styling more robust,
3) start preparing a launch plan/strategy

Fire!!! :)

G

Guest3722A

13 of 365

Next 24 figure out which one between pinterest and twitter would be the best place for me to begin getting the word out. Once I get one understood, effective and systematic is when I will move on to the next. Focus is everything at this point.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

Today I wasted a lot of time. But, I did get a couple things in place to hopefully make my situation a little better and I did decide which social media outlet I'll be starting with. For the next 24 I'll be working on getting my store better with better photos and a more professional uniform look. I'm also dropping my prices to get some sales going and some reviews and I'll build from there. Hopefully that works to get that first sale.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Something interesting happened since I started doing this:

Before: I used to set specific work hours each day, and then have free time outside of that, often times not getting as much done as I wanted.

Now: I feel like I have to force myself to give myself time off. I'm allocating an hour to get away from work to go to the store...and it feels like work is my default state.

All about working in the now.

Anyone else experience this?

Holy shit, it's day 6 for me and all I want already is to get this shit done and complete. I guess I also want to prove to myself that I can get a complete & quality product out there not in months or years, but in days or weeks. It's almost finished now.
I have been staying on my laptop more than 14 hours straight since yesterday - most of the time working and changing things, some of the time entertaining.
During that time, I noticed I'm now more afraid of letting go of this flow of focus, than I might be from pushing it to whatever limit I can. And it's beautiful. The more I work, the more addicted you become to the process, the more enjoyable it gets.

The thing is now, I have to put a deadline, because I have noticed that when I don't have a clear deadline, I tend to start doing work which is not currently a priority. This is the kind of work that may satisfy the ego, but doesn't actually help to bring in the first paying customer (like super cool design, fancy effects, advanced features etc).

Today I outsources a few product banners that I will use for advertising. Outsourcing is something I never liked too much but I know it's essential so I gotta learn dealing with that.

The main priority now is to get the first paying customer. So the deadline to have everything complete & ready for launch is by Sunday, next week (November 2, 2014).

Next 24 hours (day 6):
1) Test the plugin with many different themes and fix any possible styling issue.
Start Time: 15:00 CET 26/October/2014 (Sunday)
Deadline Time: 15:00 CET 27/October/2014
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: (1) Making optin form work properly. (2) Extend the plugin class so the user will be able to choose between different templates. Only 1 template for now though. More plugin templates ONLY after launch.
Punishment if I don't do it: (short term) Shitty feeling and GUILT - (long term) waste of life and probably 9-5 job slavery
Reward if I do: Sexy feeling for killing the doubts and creating VALUE in the world. Getting closer to the launch day.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Holy shit, it's day 6 for me and all I want already is to get this shit done and complete. I guess I also want to prove to myself that I can get a complete & quality product out there not in months or years, but in days or weeks. It's almost finished now.
I have been staying on my laptop more than 14 hours straight since yesterday - most of the time working and changing things, some of the time entertaining.
During that time, I noticed I'm now more afraid of letting go of this flow of focus, than I might be from pushing it to whatever limit I can. And it's beautiful. The more I work, the more addicted you become to the process, the more enjoyable it gets.

The thing is now, I have to put a deadline, because I have noticed that when I don't have a clear deadline, I tend to start doing work which is not currently a priority. This is the kind of work that may satisfy the ego, but doesn't actually help to bring in the first paying customer (like super cool design, fancy effects, advanced features etc).

Today I outsources a few product banners that I will use for advertising. Outsourcing is something I never liked too much but I know it's essential so I gotta learn dealing with that.

The main priority now is to get the first paying customer. So the deadline to have everything complete & ready for launch is by Sunday, next week (November 2, 2014).

Next 24 hours (day 6):
1) Test the plugin with many different themes and fix any possible styling issue.
Start Time: 15:00 CET 26/October/2014 (Sunday)
Deadline Time: 15:00 CET 27/October/2014
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: (1) Making optin form work properly. (2) Extend the plugin class so the user will be able to choose between different templates. Only 1 template for now though. More plugin templates ONLY after launch.
Amazing! Keep us posted, this looks like some awesome progress!

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Yo yo, it looks like we all stopped posting here.
I can say for myself that I got a little bit side tracked and then some tasks took longer than I expected. For example sales copy, I'm talking to a great person who has and is helping me a lot with the sales copy. So this is a good development, but since I used to measure progress with what I am personally working with, my mind didn't want to recognize this as progress.
Therefore I didn't post here because I didn't want to embarrass myself.

I wanted to feel good and to escape responsibility in front of people by not posting here.

Did you want to feel good too?

Though that's a huge progress because I never before had someone helping me with something I'm not particularly good at. I always tried to do everything myself and then I would get tired pretty quickly and jump in to another idea.

I got some very useful feedback from people and in the next 24 hours I will be fixing some bugs and replying to some KEY user questions about the product.

And yep, I hate to say this but my deadline is postponed to next week November 9, 2014. I'm gonna do everything in my power to have the sales copy ready and done and most bugs fixed. Then launch. A handful of awesome people are currently helping me with different parts which is awesome.

Now I'm calling you @AndrewNC , @csalvato , @topherea , @theag , @Logan.H , @Ninjakid , @Mohammed Hamza , @Deon

And @Jakeeck , @KLaw you can join us too :)

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Payment processor is now set up for 7 different payment methods.

Magento migration takes longer than expected, hoping to finish this weekend.

Outsourcing production takes longer than expected, hoping to start next week.

Meanwhile I had a talk with my accountant and it looks like I'll be changing the company structure (buying one of my dad's companies as a subsidiary with my "holding company") to accomocate the expected rise in christmas sales in the best way possible from a tax standpoint (shifted fiscal year).

Lots of stuff going on. And in addition I still have a 9-10 hour/day job.

Busy busy busy.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Ok, I need to do this.

Start Time: 1:45pm ET
Deadline Time: 11:30pm ET
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 9.75 hours: Get my book from 1800 words to 7000 words
Punishment if I don't do it: Feeling like a loser. Not going to bed happy. Losing valuable time. Average life.
Reward if I do: Sleep like a champ. Feel good about myself. Closer to finishing my book. One step closer to success.
Accountability Partner: Myself and everyone else in the thread (whether they like it or not :D)

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Made it to 6000 words =/

I'm going to do better today.

Start Time: 10:45am ET
Deadline Time: 10:45am ET
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: Finish what is left on my list of exercises to write about. Brainstorm some more exercises.
Punishment if I don't do it: Feeling like a loser, again. Not going to bed happy, again. Losing valuable time, again. Average life, still on track.
Reward if I do: Sleep like a champ. Feel good about myself. Closer to finishing my book. One step closer to success.
Accountability Partner: Myself and everyone else in the thread (whether they like it or not :D)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Funny story... I stopped posting here and stopped my own 24 hour challenge... and my productivity went down.

Time to get back on track.

Update since the last posts - Launched a new product, and started building a list

24 hours: Build out email marketing campaign for the list we are building.

G

Guest3722A

Fwiw I did get a sale. But, I've decided to work on building a solid foundation first which has always been the missing link that more or less led to all of my failures. My one idea that I started a while back that really has the most fastlane potential out of all of this had a solid amount of interest and pre-orders but I had to put on the back burner because of foundation issues. So, I'm keeping my head low until I build what's needed to sustain a solo act.

I did develop something with one of my partners that does have some serious potential. But, I've realized that in reality its a distraction because in order to move it forward we have to be on the same page.

I have been working though pretty much from morning until I crash on getting this foundation I speak of in place.

The first thing for me that I needed was to organize within myself an understanding of the use of micro and mini goals to build it. So the mini goal I have set is a 30 day deadline and leading up to it are daily micro-goals for which I'm doing 4 per day.

I have every single day of this month numbered and ready and tomorrow's four are in place.

Today I knocked my micros out of the park and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Grade for my last 24 hours: 4/10

I won't have much time to work today because my dad is moving out here to Arizona, so I'll be helping with that. I can get a good 4-5 hours in, though.

Start Time: 8:15am MT 11/2
Deadline Time: 8:15am MT 11/3
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: Finish 4 exercises I have left to write about. Brainstorm some more exercises. Write about those and start on the benefits of each exercise.
Punishment if I don't do it: Feeling like a loser, again. Not going to bed happy, again. Losing valuable time, again. Average life, still on track.

Last edited:
G

Guest3722A

Got another sale... Knocked out all of my work early today, except for three chapters... Going for coffee. Anyone wanna join?

Kubson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 6, 2014
Ok, I am in. I need something like this to break my recent procastination and get back on the track :)

S01E01: Finishing old client work.

Start Time: 23:00 CET 4/November/2014 (Tuesday)
Deadline Time: 23:00 CET 5/November/2014
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: Finish the last part of client work (very boring one) I still have to do and I have been delaying it for a week or so.
Punishment if I don't do it: It will stay in my mind, decreasing my focus on other projects and making me stressed. I won't get money until it is done.
Reward if I do: Money, satisfied client and free mind.
Accountability Partner: All readers here.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
I'm having a hard time to stay focused and consistent recently. My mind is all over the place and wants to escape.

So let's do this:

Start Time: 23:23 CET 04/November/2014 (Tuesday)
Deadline Time: 23:23 CET 05/November/2014
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours:
(1)
create an pre-launch optin page for my product.
(2) search to hire someone who will create a "how to guide" for my product.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
My focus is not anywhere as laser-like as what you guys have, but I do need to get some menial shit done that I've been putting off. Mind if I join?

Start Time: 23:08 GMT, 04/11/2014
Deadline Time: 23:08 GMT, 05/11/2014
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours:
1) LEARN ALL THE EQUATIONS & APPLICATIONS FOR MY UPCOMING TEST
2) REGISTER WITH A DOCTOR AND CHANGE MY BANK DETAILS
Punishment if I don't do it: (short term) Guilt, test failure, a lack of Doctor should I get a heart attack, having to tell you guys that I slacked off, and 'the freeze effect' (which I will write a post about) - (long term) reinforcement of laziness/inaction as a habit, and all the shitty things that come with that habit.
Reward if I do: Pass a test. Feel great. Get rid of 'the freeze effect'.

G

Guest3722A

Aaaand another sale. Wasn't expecting that. Plus a decent list compiled for possible items to import, one and a half books read on importing (with another three chapters to go tonight) and lots of info picked up from youtube.

This laptop I'm on is pretty close to F*cked. Fortunately I have backup systemS not on the same network. What's really kinda creepy is the hacker who's been stalking me around the internet even followed me to a dating site. Seems to me he's got some sugar in his tank? Because that's pretty shall I say, light.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Grade for my last 24 hours: 4/10

Making an excel spreadsheet and using the pomodoro technique, which is one thing that has worked for me. I don't know why I stop doing it.

Start Time: 5:20pm MT 11/4
Deadline Time: 5:20m MT 11/5
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: Write 3 articles for $$. Brainstorm some more exercises. Write about those and start on the benefits of each exercise.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
Last 24hrs?

Everything that could have been done was done, but I didn't get the result I wanted, test was only 50% score, which is a pass, but is not good enough.

Plan for tomorrow is the same, study for that test, because I get one more try, deadline fri eve.

F*ck mathematics.

Will report back tomorrow 23:08 ish.

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Grade for my last 24 hours: 7/10

Didn't have much time to work on stuff, but made pretty good use of the time I did.

Start Time: 7:10pm MT 11/5
Deadline Time: 7:10pm MT 11/6
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: Finish 1 article for $$. Brainstorm some more exercises. Write about those and start on the benefits of each exercise.
Punishment if I don't do it: Regret.

G

Guest3722A

2 more sales today. Concept has been proven. Now I'm going to spend 'some' time making this more efficient and bump the price up a bit to see if it holds. Its also time to add more inventory. Again though, as far as I'm concerned, this is a distraction if I can't get my partner to want to go full force with this and work alongside towards scaling the shit out of it. Unfortunately he doesn't understand fastlaning, and even if I give him the book, chances are slim he'd read it. The heart's there, but not the desire to unlearn and relearn.

2nd, I've been kicking some serious a$$ with my micro goals towards building 'my' foundation. I am at the point to where I look forward to getting up n at it. I am actually ahead of my marks and to be honest, I am excited about tomorrow and continuing to push this forward.

Kubson

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 6, 2014
Grade for my last task: 6/10.

I just sent the game to client for acceptance so the task I can treat as completed. However, it is done 11 hours after planned "deadline time", and it is not because I underestimated the effort needed to complete it, but I was pretty lazy at the beginning and still had some problems to stay focused. But I am still happy with the results, the method is working for me and I will continue with it :)

S01E02: Testing new market.

Start Time: 13:00 CET 6/November/2014
Deadline Time: 13:00 CET 7/November/2014
What is the MOST important thing I have to get done in 24 hours: I want to finish MVP version of mini game portal to test new way of monetisation for my HTML5 games. I have it on TODO list for around 2 months, still adding new features to the list and making no actual progress with its execution. So I am cutting off all not absolutely necessary features and want to have it ready within 24 hours.
Punishment if I don't do it: Still on TODO list, bad feeling, maybe losing an opportunity for some good money.
Reward if I do: Knowledge if the idea is worth investing more time into it, satisfaction, new experience.
Accountability Partner: All readers here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.