The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on my ebook topic...

MattUCF

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Aug 2, 2014
Hello!

I have always thought of myself as a very good writer and until joining this forum and looking around it, I have never thought about writing an ebook. I feel like I have a really good idea for something I can write about but I'm not sure if it will attract a lot of people. I have posted here before about some ideas for companies but I am a Division 1 athlete in college and have little time to do anything except for sports and school. Wanting to get some passive income while in school and thinking of myself as a pretty good writer I thought that I would write about my personal experiences about getting to this achievement in my life. I was thinking the title could be something like: "The Journey to becoming a Division 1 Athlete".

I was thinking that it could be motivational and I could talk about the tough journey, the dreams, the work, the obstacles that I have faced personally, and motivate to never get up and talk about the achievement of when you finally sign a contract. Then depending on how I feel about it, maybe talk about the experience once you get here.

I would love to hear any advice about what people think, this would probably be the only thing that I would ever publish but I think it could be pretty popular!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Berliner030

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 1, 2014
This is my personal opinion. Maybe it sounds a little bit harsh but I just want to be honest with you:

I think no one is interested in becoming a Division 1 Athlete. And I think no one is interested in an autobiography of an unknown person. I think you'll fail because your target audience is too small.

I think you'll have more success if you write some non fiction guides about how to become fitter in life, how to motivate yourself for a healthier living and so on. Brand yourself as an authority for health/fitness that people trusts. And maybe THEN you have a chance to be successful with your idea.

Analyse the market market for other competitors which had the same idea and look how they doing. How's selling such a book. Are they completely new or authoritys so far? Do they have a big fan base or even a sponsor company in their backhand? And so on.

If you are really such a great Division 1 athlet you should think about to start with videos (YouTube) because with this way you will attract more people. I think it is absolutely necessary to show your fitness-sucesses (eg. your body, your lifestyle and so on) if you want to become an authority in this market ...and the best way for that are videos. You can also produce videos faster an reach more people within a shorter time than with books. And if you provide constantly good tips your audience will grow grow and you can think about other products like books, payed fitness courses or maybe sponsorship deal with a sports company.

I have a friend who also has a lot of success in this market. His biggest deal is a $10/month sponsorship with an energy drink company. With this example I just want to show you that it could be more than a book or a some YouTube videos. You are able to build a whole business around you and you knowledge about fitness and health. Show your face, brad yourself and I bet you'll have success too.

If you are such an athlete I think you will get interesting deals very fast. They just have to recognise you first.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.